4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A New Ravi 70 2016

About couple of months ago, I started a thread asking for opinions of respected PakWheelers for non-honda 70cc bikes as I needed a small bike. Even though I had the budget for 75K for this purchase but I was curious to find out how our Pakitsani manufacturers are doing and what they are producing.

Here is my referenced thread:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/gen...ikes-super-bad

However, due to awfully busy schedule, I couldn't get the time for it but today, I finally did it.
    I purchased the bike on cash and today's price was 43K.

First Impressions:
    I drove the bike for like 5 km or so from showroom to friend's home where I parked my bike and went home on car. I'll get my bike tomorrow .

So, the bike is silent, smooth, no vibrations so far as I drove up to like 50 km/h speed.

Observations:
    People who live in Rawalpindi might thought that why I didn't go to a big name like "Motorcycle Plaza" guys for this purchase and the reason is that I wanted to see all the bikes by myself and wanted to inspect them before actually making a purchase so I reviewed Super Star, Union Star, Zimco, Ravi, Honda, United & Unique. The dealer had all the bikes. My experience with this dealer was good as he answered all of my questions with smile.

I personally find Ravi's quality a bit better in terms of handlebar controls, tail light, battery compartment, shine, overall quality, etc. The worse quality I found in Union star and Zimco. When I slide my finger over Zimco's tapa's sticker, it started coming off. WoW.

Anyways, I then opted out for the Ravi Humsafar Plus with 78cc engine.

I purchased this bike in evening so pics' quality is bit low but I'll be sharing better quality (day time) pics on weekend, perhaps, Sunday.

So far, I think, it's a good purchase if I keep in view my expectations which I mentioned in detail in aforementioned referenced thread.

Now, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU TO @salmanrasheedpsh for creating following thread that I was silently following:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oth...ravi-78cc-bike

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    Oh datz good going ! I don't think so there is any oil available in 0.8L packing , I buy 1 liter pack and pour 0.7 liters and after three oil changes I get fourth free from the left over oils

Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

Are you sure your bike is running fine with 0.7 liters of oil? I mean, Ravi's owner manual says that bike needs 0.8 liters of oil but you're pouring 0.7 liters of oil.
    In my first oil change, I poured 0.8 liters of oil. If 0.7 liters of oil is sufficient then I can buy 0.7 liters from now on.
    Can you please confirm?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mahrumer View Post
    Are you sure your bike is running fine with 0.7 liters of oil? I mean, Ravi's owner manual says that bike needs 0.8 liters of oil but you're pouring 0.7 liters of oil.
    In my first oil change, I poured 0.8 liters of oil. If 0.7 liters of oil is sufficient then I can buy 0.7 liters from now on.
    Can you please confirm?
    I am facing no issues , but better ask from experts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how did the 1st tune up go bro ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how did the 1st tune up go bro ?
    I was busy in Eid Holidays so couldn't respond earlier.
    Well, the first tuning and the whole experience of it including post-tuning was pretty interesting in both positive and negative sense.

First tuning was done when the odo-meter was 997. First of all, all the ravi service centers denied offering free tuning, I was like what the ... anyways, it didn't bothered me much so went for a tuning.

After the turning, the vibrations of bike reduce significantly - especially between the speed of 55 to 70. as below 55 and after 70, vibrations were otherwise minor - but vibrations are there.

After the first tuning, one more thing started to happen. Once I reach to the speed of 70 or 80 and if I leave the throttle, after a few seconds while speed is decreasing, the bike create a noise like it has missed a stroke. Sound like tuss... It happens 7 out of 10 times. I believe, I need to change the plug as it seems like the issue.

Afterward, I pushed the bike on an empty road (on 9th Avenue in late evening last sunday) and bike reached to the speed of 85 easily but then it struggled to reach the speed of 90 and after about 2 minutes on full throttle, it managed to reach the speed of 95 while sitting normally like heads-up. I'm not into junk like stunts anyways. All mentioned speed were of speed-o-meter which I am not sure is accurate. Then I reduced the speed as I was getting the impression that bike will explode.

So, this was an interesting experience.

Apart from that, this time I poured zic 10w40 oil - 0.7 liters as almost everyone told me that book has mis-printing (where it says we need to pour 0.8 liters) and I'm having no issues with 0.7 liters of oil.

So far, fully satisfied with this bike.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My bike also makes this misfire although I have changed the plug twice , I think issue of cdi !

Do share fuel Average after tune up , did u alter the air fuel mixture at 1st tune up , I am using 20w-50 in summers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I usually top-up the tank everytime I go to petrol pump so first fill, i got the average of 56.5 km/l.
    On second top-up, i got the average of 49 (as I was revving bike hard as 1000 km was about to complete)
    and 3rd is not yet ended. current odo meter is little over 1400 km.

And no, bike is in 100% stock condition. I might tinker with the bike but so far, it's going good.
    Have you tinker with the bike like changing the fuel mixture settings. How was the results?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I usually top-up the tank everytime I go to petrol pump so first fill, i got the average of 56.5 km/l.
    On second top-up, i got the average of 49 (as I was revving bike hard as 1000 km was about to complete)
    and 3rd is not yet ended. current odo meter is little over 1400 km.

And no, bike is in 100% stock condition. I might tinker with the bike but so far, it's going good.
    Have you tinker with the bike like changing the fuel mixture settings. How was the results?
    Yes I did ! I adjusted it my self n bike is really good after that ! Followed guideline for adjusting from a pakwheels thread ! Before that I went to a mechanic and he had ruined the adjustment

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes I did ! I adjusted it my self n bike is really good after that ! Followed guideline for adjusting from a pakwheels thread ! Before that I went to a mechanic and he had ruined the adjustment

I never done that before. However, I'm thinking to get into it. Can you please share the thread so I can try a few things in order to make the bike more efficient.

By the way, I just refilled and this time, I got the average of 39 km/l. It might be because that my average speed was 70.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Okay so I am in the same boat as you were looking to buy a cheap bike for 40 43k for local stuff. I am located in rwp everybody is telling me to go for union star it will be my first bike and i dont know nothing. What should i do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by curiousdevil View Post
    Okay so I am in the same boat as you were looking to buy a cheap bike for 40 43k for local stuff. I am located in rwp everybody is telling me to go for union star it will be my first bike and i dont know nothing. What should i do

I've got no idea but I've plans to go to Pindi tomorrow (Sunday) in late afternoon so I can try a few mechanics. I'll update here with my findings and hope that'll help you too.

Fingers Crossed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations ..
    Please share the dealer address and contact - If you are satisfied, I seems good ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfdarvesh View Post
    Congratulations ..
    Please share the dealer address and contact - If you are satisfied, I seems good ..

Please check the post # 8 or click on the following link to find complete details of dealer like address, phone number, etc.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oth...-a#post5106286

Yes, I'm fully satisfied with this dealer as he has as many as 7 bikes from different manufacturers and it really helps compare the bikes under a single roof. It looks like a small shop (right in front of the motorcycle plaza on the circular road, Rawalpindi) but once you enter into the shop, it seems big enough.

Hope it helps.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So did you visit mechanics ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The bad fuel average is normal bro at this stage as fuel air mix ratio is at higher side from the company as it's a new bike , adjusting that will correct Ur consumption

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73 I think u shared somewhere the method how to adjust air fuel mixture setting for a bike

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73 I think u shared somewhere the method how to adjust air fuel mixture setting for a bike

Its not recommaded to lean out fuel mixture of a engine which is in break in period
    About method its very simple first ensure air filter is stock and good valve clearance is right then start your bike at ride it for good 1km atleast and than remove spark plug if its black lean out fuel mixture a bit if its rust enrich fuel a bit until you get redish spark plug

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Its not recommaded to lean out fuel mixture of a engine which is in break in period
    About method its very simple first ensure air filter is stock and good valve clearance is right then start your bike at ride it for good 1km atleast and than remove spark plug if its black lean out fuel mixture a bit if its rust enrich fuel a bit until you get redish spark plug
    It has competed it's break in period , u mentioned another method I followed that , installed a new plug n filter n slightly raised idle rpm then adjusted fuel air screw till there was no more increase in idle rpm

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by curiousdevil View Post
    So did you visit mechanics ?

I did but it was worst experience ... A friend of mine suggested a mechanic near circular road - he tuned the bike and then and then I got the average of 17 km/liter.

I then visited another mechanic on the saddar - near Suzuki showroom in the backside street. He tuned the bike and it's now back to 40 km/liter.

So far, my bike ran 1650+

This is how I was checking the milage.
    Before visiting the mechanic, I topped-up the petrol. Visited mechanic, ride the motorcycle for 30 km and fill the bike again. I did this a couple of times.

Well at this point, the petrol average isn't my primary concern but somehow it doesn't feel right that a 70cc bike consuming more petrol than a 150cc bike. It's funny.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've visited another honda mechanic today afternoon at G-10, Islamabad. Guess what, he didn't knew how to tune a bike so my bike now running like it is over a bit.

I've kept Old Yamaha 2004, Suzuki GS150 2013, YBR 2016 and I was under the impression that only Honda's mechanics know the work for their bikes. Sadly, I can say that even Honda mechanics don't know how to tune a bike. When Ravi was not touched by the mechanics, it was running great. But now, things aren't looking good.

I'm spending the same amount of time for finding talented mechanic for my 70 bike that I spent to find talented machenic for GS150 & YBR and I found them both. I guess, fake ustad je are everywhere and they don't know anything about tuning the bikes.

I'll keep on looking for a good mechanic and good tuning, I don't think I'll ever visit any mechanic ever again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've visited another honda mechanic today afternoon at G-10, Islamabad. Guess what, he didn't knew how to tune a bike so my bike now running like it is over a bit.

I've kept Old Yamaha 2004, Suzuki GS150 2013, YBR 2016 and I was under the impression that only Honda's mechanics know the work for their bikes. Sadly, I can say that even Honda mechanics don't know how to tune a bike. When Ravi was not touched by the mechanics, it was running great. But now, things aren't looking good.

I'm spending the same amount of time for finding talented mechanic for my 70 bike that I spent to find talented machenic for GS150 & YBR and I found them both. I guess, fake ustad je are everywhere and they don't know anything about tuning the bikes.

I'll keep on looking for a good mechanic and good tuning, I don't think I'll ever visit any mechanic ever again.
    Try sheikh ravi center which is located on kohati bazaar.
    I m getting my ravi tuned from this shop from last 1 year and so far its going great giving me 45kmpl minimum and i drive my bike hard means not in economy speeds.

All in all bike is almost done 30K km
    And with 20-50 valvoline oli.
    Its engine is going strong and is economical.
    With 80+ topspeeds.
    Bythe way which oli u r using.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List