4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default A New Ravi 70 2016

About couple of months ago, I started a thread asking for opinions of respected PakWheelers for non-honda 70cc bikes as I needed a small bike. Even though I had the budget for 75K for this purchase but I was curious to find out how our Pakitsani manufacturers are doing and what they are producing.

Here is my referenced thread:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/gen...ikes-super-bad

However, due to awfully busy schedule, I couldn't get the time for it but today, I finally did it.
    I purchased the bike on cash and today's price was 43K.

First Impressions:
    I drove the bike for like 5 km or so from showroom to friend's home where I parked my bike and went home on car. I'll get my bike tomorrow .

So, the bike is silent, smooth, no vibrations so far as I drove up to like 50 km/h speed.

Observations:
    People who live in Rawalpindi might thought that why I didn't go to a big name like "Motorcycle Plaza" guys for this purchase and the reason is that I wanted to see all the bikes by myself and wanted to inspect them before actually making a purchase so I reviewed Super Star, Union Star, Zimco, Ravi, Honda, United & Unique. The dealer had all the bikes. My experience with this dealer was good as he answered all of my questions with smile.

I personally find Ravi's quality a bit better in terms of handlebar controls, tail light, battery compartment, shine, overall quality, etc. The worse quality I found in Union star and Zimco. When I slide my finger over Zimco's tapa's sticker, it started coming off. WoW.

Anyways, I then opted out for the Ravi Humsafar Plus with 78cc engine.

I purchased this bike in evening so pics' quality is bit low but I'll be sharing better quality (day time) pics on weekend, perhaps, Sunday.

So far, I think, it's a good purchase if I keep in view my expectations which I mentioned in detail in aforementioned referenced thread.

Now, I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU TO @salmanrasheedpsh for creating following thread that I was silently following:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oth...ravi-78cc-bike

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mahrumer visit my thread and see post no 64 for basic maintainace idea and parts replacements.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oth...-4#post5142757

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mahrumer View Post
    I've visited another honda mechanic today afternoon at G-10, Islamabad. Guess what, he didn't knew how to tune a bike so my bike now running like it is over a bit.

I've kept Old Yamaha 2004, Suzuki GS150 2013, YBR 2016 and I was under the impression that only Honda's mechanics know the work for their bikes. Sadly, I can say that even Honda mechanics don't know how to tune a bike. When Ravi was not touched by the mechanics, it was running great. But now, things aren't looking good.

I'm spending the same amount of time for finding talented mechanic for my 70 bike that I spent to find talented machenic for GS150 & YBR and I found them both. I guess, fake ustad je are everywhere and they don't know anything about tuning the bikes.

I'll keep on looking for a good mechanic and good tuning, I don't think I'll ever visit any mechanic ever again.
    Sad to listen
    Try Siddique at Committee Chowk Murree Road, he is very famous for tuning 70cc bikes. Have you tried Ravi Authorized Mechanic or Service Center.
    Moreover, I am unable to find shown room details in your previous mention. I am also interested to buy this bike ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    @mahrumer visit my thread and see post no 64 for basic maintainace idea and parts replacements.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oth...-4#post5142757
    Thanks a lot - it is very informative. Thanks again. :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mahrumer View Post
    Thanks a lot - it is very informative. Thanks again. :-)
    Your welcome good to hear that u liked it.
    By the way which engine oli u r using.
    And do try tuning your bike from sheikh ravi center rwp and then share your experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List