Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Benelli TNT 25 Tornado - Owner review (will be constantly updated, hopefully)

AL
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Benelli TNT 25 Tornado - Owner review (will be constantly updated, hopefully)

Benelli TNT 25 Tornado

Officially launched by Buraq Autos a few months back, the bike is the first affordable imported street motorcycle for the enthusiast of Pakistan. After having dealers in the key cities of the country, the offtake has considerably improved, with close to 12 bikes being sold in Rawalpindi in mere 7 days
    The purpose of this topic is to review my recent purchase (Masha'Allah) from Car craft in Bahria Rawalpindi / Islamabad, updating the post as and when deemed necessary and answering (to the best of my knowledge) queries of the general public.
    I will keep this review dual perspective, meaning that I will add the perspective from the people owning a locally manufactured bike (70 /150cc) and imported /
    super bikes

Won't be adding a lot of pictures (
    im sure you can find tons on the internet and believe me it is the same bike with the same specs) and will keep the review as detailed as I possibly can

First of all, let's get the specs out of the way (for you all technical nerds out there )

Engine:
    Displacement of 249cc - Bore 72 x 61.2 mm
    Single Cylinder
    DOHC
    25.5 bhp @ 9k rpm
    ECU Delphi (
    Delphi MT05 Engine Control Module Series)
    Wet clutch (oil changes to be regular and at a shorter interval than local bikes)
    Fuel tank is 13.5 with 3.5 l of reserve total of 17 liters with estimated mileage of 25-29kpl (estimated to be lower consider the epic Pakistani traffic with constant breaking and worsening air quality)

Chasis
    Upside down forks
    Rear Monoshock (much better comfort that dual shock local bikes, can't even compare)
    Brake 240mm
    Tyres 17inch front and rear with 110infront and 150 in back (Metzeler)
    Dimensions
    Height 3.7 feet (fairly good, a person having a height of 5ft7'can easily stabilize the bike, shorter people may need to use toes)
    Ground clearance 170mm (0.55 feet. It will mostly clear all potholes and speed breakers but please be careful, front extension behind the tire can get damaged when riding carelessly)

Ok, so we are done with the technical jargon and whatever that means (I'm too dumb to go into the details of what each spec means but experienced people here may and should probably decipher it for the masses)

One more thing before heading into the details and in order to feed the people who don't want to read a lot in reviews, here are the Pros and Cons (strictly based on my own experience, discussion, research may be different what you all think but since this is my post, so deal with it !
    lalalala)

Pros

• Italian design and specs (although manufactured in China, evenIphones are, so please don't go China Nazi)
    • Naked design aesthetically pleasing
    • Good tire choice

• Street bike (lower strain on your back, can be used as a daily driver and my favorite part foot down instead of knee)
    • Easily available parts (thanks toBuraq but as of today only 3 service centers i.e 1 for each city)

Cons

• Utterly dull exhaust design (In my opinion only and I'm gonna change it to M4 - although the sound is nice above 5k rpm)
    • Vibrations (people upgrading from local manufacturers won't feel it but others wanting to have it as a second bike to their super ones will it)
    • Brake quality not up to mark, takes a bit of effort to bring it to a halt (since the pads are still being broken into it may improve, however as per other websites this is a problem with the brakes. Further, upgraders from a locally manufactured bike will not feel it as it will be more responsive)
    • Heat discharge from engine can be bothersome at times
    • Highbeamsaims at the sky for reasons unknown to mankind (maybe they are trying signal to their home planet or something)
    • Might create a dent in your wallet (read might as "will")
    • Needs to be broken into for the first 1,000 km (not really a con but... )

Detailed portion (since I like writing and have free time - actually I have to study but I'm avoiding that so I'll commit to the details)
    When seeing it for the first time, the motorcycle appears to be bigger than a 250cc, thanks to its Trellis frame and naked look. In my opinion, the red color really augments the frame (I didn't like the second black option) as well.

The first time I got on the bike (I'm 6ft) it felt really nice underneath my body and the seat is really comfortable, felt nothing go numb on an hour long ride in traffic Benelli TNT 25 Tornado - Owner review (will be constantly updated, hopefully) - smiley smile. The bike isn't really heavy (felt easier than a 150cc & Inuzama but of course heavier than sportier bikes) and I could shake it easily. Turning on the ignition switch, give a couple of seconds to the fuel pump to run and you fire up the tiny beast (hehe!). The sound is appropriate for a 250 cc, with the exhaust opening up over 5k rpm. The sweet spot is estimated at around 7.5 rpm as per my discussion and reading other details on the bike.

The wrist handles / grips seem a bit hard and with a poor choice of gloves may give you a stiff hand. You need to grip the race starting from the bottom of your fingers so your palm doesn't feel a lot of pressure, compared to other super and local bikes, I did notice it to be hard.

The LCD panel is descriptive by providing you with time,analog RPM, digital speedometer with engine heat and fuel capacity indicator
    besides the gear notification

Like all other street / super bikes, the pedals are at an inclined angle as compared to locally manufactured horizontal ones so might take a few seconds to find a comfortable position. The clutch is harder than local bikes but lighter smoother and lighter when compared to that of a super bike.

Gear shifting is less cranky and smoothly goes from 1st to 2nd, finding the neutral may take some time for people upgrading from local bikes. Needless to say, the gear cycle is 1 down 5 up (yes it is 6 gears which is the reason for crispier performance times and better mileage)

Rolling on by just releasing the clutch was surprisingly comfortable with little or no knocking by the engine, the throttle response is quick and bike reaches the mid-range rpm pretty quickly. Since I am
    breaking-in the bike no high rev tests or speed tests have been performed. As I reach the break-in, I will update the section.
    The thing I love the most about TNT 25 is its agility, it is really agile and responsive to your body and movements. You don't have to fight to turn it (which is expected considering is lighter at 250cc) and can quickly change angles without giving you a heart attack, primarily thanks to the Metzeler.

The cooling fan turns on at very short intervals (4 to 6 mins, maybe that is normal but meh) and makes its signature sound, which needs some time to getting used to. It was irritating at first but gradually I'm getting used to it. The heat discharge comes directly at your legs and thighs so things may be get a bit hot during the summer time when you're stuck in traffic.

Another thing that I have noticed is that riding at a constant rpm in the second gear leads to engine missing at times and on a stand still, if I'm trying to keep the RPM at a constant 4 or 5k, it keeps moving 400 rpm up and down Im guessing this is due to the break-in period and will adjust / settle after the first 1,000 KM.

Currently,since the bike is in the break-in period no high revs, engine cut-offs and top speed have been tested.

Conclusion (might be too soon for me to say, but... )
    If you want to upgrade from a local motorcycle or keep a second bike for your adventures where you won't risk your
    multi million Rupee super bikes, I would recommend it. But please drive for 2 - 3 kilometers to know whether you feel like it or not. If not, don't force buy!

Thanks for reading this long post which I will be updating regularly, Insha'Allah.

Post Script: Breaking-in
    Breaking-in is the period when you have to let the engine and its part set it by not zaleelofying the engine (excuse the language Benelli TNT 25 Tornado - Owner review (will be constantly updated, hopefully) - smiley tongue out ). You ride at 3 / 4of the top speed with no sudden acceleration, stress on bike e.g hilly rides and pillion riding ( I know, so sad). The better the break-in period you manage, the longer and fantastic performance you can expect from your bike. The manual has stated a limit of 1,000 as break-in period (again sad but a must if you love your machine). Reading details on the break-in period, I recommend the following

• First oil & filter change at 100 km (do not use fully synthetic oil) because metal shavings are found in the oil as parts are worn in, don't be alarmed if there are some
    • Second at 400 km
    • Third at 1,000 km then as and when due
    • Keep rpm at under the half of redline (redline 10 = 10/2, so change gears at 5k rpm)
    • Do not lug the engine, shift down when the bike is losing power
    • Avoid aggression

If any part has not been included in this review or you have a specific inquiry, please post on this topic and ill try to answer it to the best of my knowledge. Further, please let me know in case
    i
    have made any mistakes in the review, positive criticism is welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Lurking spirit!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AL View Post
    Benelli TNT 25 Tornado

Officially launched by Buraq Autos a few months back, the bike is the first affordable imported street motorcycle for the enthusiast of Pakistan. After having dealers in the key cities of the country, the offtake has considerably improved, with close to 12 bikes being sold in Rawalpindi in mere 7 days
    The purpose of this topic is to review my recent purchase (Masha'Allah), updating the post as and when deemed necessary and answering (to the best of my knowledge) queries of the general public.
    I will keep this review dual perspective, meaning that I will add the perspective from the people owning a locally manufactured bike (70 /150cc) and imported /
    super bikes

Won't be adding a lot of pictures (
    im sure you can find tons on the internet and believe me it is the same bike with the same specs) and will keep the review as detailed as I possibly can

First of all, let's get the specs out of the way (for you all technical nerds out there )

Engine:
    Displacement of 249cc - Bore 72 x 61.2 mm
    Single Cylinder
    DOHC
    25.5 bhp @ 9k rpm
    ECU Delphi (
    Delphi MT05 Engine Control Module Series)
    Wet clutch (oil changes to be regular and at a shorter interval than local bikes)
    Fuel tank is 13.5 with 3.5 l of reserve total of 17 liters with estimated mileage of 25-29kpl (estimated to be lower consider the epic Pakistani traffic with constant breaking and worsening air quality)

Chasis
    Upside down forks
    Rear Monoshock (much better comfort that dual shock local bikes, can't even compare)
    Brake 240mm
    Tyres 17inch front and rear with 110infront and 150 in back (Metzeler)
    Dimensions
    Height 3.7 feet (fairly good, a person having a height of 5ft7'can easily stabilize the bike, shorter people may need to use toes)
    Ground clearance 170mm (0.55 feet. It will mostly clear all potholes and speed breakers but please be careful, front extension behind the tire can get damaged when riding carelessly)

Ok, so we are done with the technical jargon and whatever that means (I'm too dumb to go into the details of what each spec means but experienced people here may and should probably decipher it for the masses)

One more thing before heading into the details and in order to feed the people who don't want to read a lot in reviews, here are the Pros and Cons (strictly based on my own experience, discussion, research may be different what you all think but since this is my post, so deal with it !
    lalalala)

Pros

• Italian design and specs (although manufactured in China, evenIphones are, so please don't go China Nazi)
    • Naked design aesthetically pleasing
    • Good tire choice

• Street bike (lower strain on your back, can be used as a daily driver and my favorite part foot down instead of knee)
    • Easily available parts (thanks toBuraq but as of today only 3 service centers i.e 1 for each city)

Cons

• Utterly dull exhaust design (In my opinion only and I'm gonna change it to M4 - although the sound is nice above 5k rpm)
    • Vibrations (people upgrading from local manufacturers won't feel it but others wanting to have it as a second bike to their super ones will it)
    • Brake quality not up to mark, takes a bit of effort to bring it to a halt (since the pads are still being broken into it may improve, however as per other websites this is a problem with the brakes. Further, upgraders from a locally manufactured bike will not feel it as it will be more responsive)
    • Heat discharge from engine can be bothersome at times
    • Highbeamsaims at the sky for reasons unknown to mankind (maybe they are trying signal to their home planet or something)
    • Might create a dent in your wallet (read might as "will")
    • Needs to be broken into for the first 1,000 km (not really a con but... )

Detailed portion (since I like writing and have free time - actually I have to study but I'm avoiding that so I'll commit to the details)
    When seeing it for the first time, the motorcycle appears to be bigger than a 250cc, thanks to its Trellis frame and naked look. In my opinion, the red color really augments the frame (I didn't like the second black option) as well.

The first time I got on the bike (I'm 6ft) it felt really nice underneath my body and the seat is really comfortable, felt nothing go numb on an hour long ride in traffic Benelli TNT 25 Tornado - Owner review (will be constantly updated, hopefully) - smiley smile. The bike isn't really heavy (felt easier than a 150cc & Inuzama but of course heavier than sportier bikes) and I could shake it easily. Turning on the ignition switch, give a couple of seconds to the fuel pump to run and you fire up the tiny beast (hehe!). The sound is appropriate for a 250 cc, with the exhaust opening up over 5k rpm. The sweet spot is estimated at around 7.5 rpm as per my discussion and reading other details on the bike.

The wrist handles / grips seem a bit hard and with a poor choice of gloves may give you a stiff hand. You need to grip the race starting from the bottom of your fingers so your palm doesn't feel a lot of pressure, compared to other super and local bikes, I did notice it to be hard.

The LCD panel is descriptive by providing you with time,analog RPM, digital speedometer with engine heat and fuel capacity indicator
    besides the gear notification

Like all other street / super bikes, the pedals are at an inclined angle as compared to locally manufactured horizontal ones so might take a few seconds to find a comfortable position. The clutch is harder than local bikes but lighter smoother and lighter when compared to that of a super bike.

Gear shifting is less cranky and smoothly goes from 1st to 2nd, finding the neutral may take some time for people upgrading from local bikes. Needless to say, the gear cycle is 1 down 5 up (yes it is 6 gears which is the reason for crispier performance times and better mileage)

Rolling on by just releasing the clutch was surprisingly comfortable with little or no knocking by the engine, the throttle response is quick and bike reaches the mid-range rpm pretty quickly. Since I am
    breaking-in the bike no high rev tests or speed tests have been performed. As I reach the break-in, I will update the section.
    The thing I love the most about TNT 25 is its agility, it is really agile and responsive to your body and movements. You don't have to fight to turn it (which is expected considering is lighter at 250cc) and can quickly change angles without giving you a heart attack, primarily thanks to the Metzeler.

The cooling fan turns on at very short intervals (4 to 6 mins, maybe that is normal but meh) and makes its signature sound, which needs some time to getting used to. It was irritating at first but gradually I'm getting used to it. The heat discharge comes directly at your legs and thighs so things may be get a bit hot during the summer time when you're stuck in traffic.

Another thing that I have noticed is that riding at a constant rpm in the second gear leads to engine missing at times and on a stand still, if I'm trying to keep the RPM at a constant 4 or 5k, it keeps moving 400 rpm up and down Im guessing this is due to the break-in period and will adjust / settle after the first 1,000 KM.

Currently,since the bike is in the break-in period no high revs, engine cut-offs and top speed have been tested.

Conclusion (might be too soon for me to say, but... )
    If you want to upgrade from a local motorcycle or keep a second bike for your adventures where you won't risk your
    multi million Rupee super bikes, I would recommend it. But please drive for 2 - 3 kilometers to know whether you feel like it or not. If not, don't force buy!

Thanks for reading this long post which I will be updating regularly, Insha'Allah.

Post Script: Breaking-in
    Breaking-in is the period when you have to let the engine and its part set it by not zaleelofying the engine (excuse the language Benelli TNT 25 Tornado - Owner review (will be constantly updated, hopefully) - smiley tongue out ). You ride at 3 / 4of the top speed with no sudden acceleration, stress on bike e.g hilly rides and pillion riding ( I know, so sad). The better the break-in period you manage, the longer and fantastic performance you can expect from your bike. The manual has stated a limit of 1,000 as break-in period (again sad but a must if you love your machine). Reading details on the break-in period, the recommend the following

• First oil & filter change at 100 km (do not use fully synthetic oil) because metal shavings are found in the oil as parts are worn it, don't be alarmed if there are some
    • Second at 400 km
    • Third at 1,000 km then as and when due
    • Keep rpm at under the half of redline (redline 10 = 10/2, so change gears at 5k rpm)
    • Do not lug the engine, shift down when the bike is losing power
    • Avoid aggression

If any part has not been included in this review or you have a specific inquiry, please post on this topic and ill try to answer it to the best of my knowledge. Further, please let me know in case
    i
    have made any mistakes in the review, positive criticism is welcome

bravo!!!congratulations

and i must say that review is fabulous!! LEARN FROM IT PAKWHEELS.

can akropovic be installed?

AL
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As per my knowledge yes, but the cost would be high. Im still researching whether there would be any adverse effect of an after market exhaust (heating, compatibility, piping, etc.)

PW Forums mobile app
    Lurking spirit!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very detailed and needed review. Looking forward to more details and experiences from you about this bike brother!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pro Review Congrats for Beast Machine

you comparing it with heavy bikes of higher cc's, i think you have used
    & kept heavy bikes.

Benelli TNT25 is no doubt currently best offering in its price and performance
    of this machine is very impressive so those dreaming of some thing heavy with
    this budget can now fulfill their dream

i have never happened to sit on any monoshock motorcycle, can you tell how is the
    feel of this shock do they feel soft or tight.

AL
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for kind words and appreciation.
    Dont have any heavy bikes but i like motorcycles so know a few who have it and that helped me with the comparison.

In simple terms, monoshock is under your butt so it is less bumpy. Dual shocks are on the sides, so the impact is more. Monoshock absorbs the impact alot more than standard dual ones creating a comfortable ride. Further, in dual shocks, one shock can compress more than the other creating an uncomfortable ride, whereas that is eliminated with monoshocks.

Im not an expert, so hopefully someone experienced can comment on it.

I think buraq autos maybe coming up with a 0% interest installment plan. It would be a welcome step for the public and will help them sell more units.

PW Forums mobile app
    Lurking spirit!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you explained monoshock in straightforward words and i agree to your explanation

how ever dual shock also compress at once, only if there is one faulty shock
    than that makes riding unbalance because of unaligned one shock

but what you explained about monoshock and its installed position in bike
    it definitely must be best suspension to be installed in motorcycles for comfort
    and stability and that is the reason we see only monoshock in sports bikes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice bike , wish it was in pindi i would have definitly done its video review. how is its power to weight ratio as compared to ktm duke200? which has 27hp and weighs 129kgs, a fellow pakwheeler has it and i have ridden it twice. nice fast machine
    legend will revive soon

AL
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey man! I am in pindi, on the outskirts thou
    I'm not testing the acceleration till i break-in the engine, although i want to rip it open everytime i ride it .

I can only compare it to Duke200 based on the available information on the internet as i have not owned or rode a KTM. Other people who have ridden both the bikes conclude that this a has better acceleration and turning.

As for my experience, it is a nice fast machine.
    Lurking spirit!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey man! I am in pindi, on the outskirts thou
    I'm not testing the acceleration till i break-in the engine, although i want to rip it open everytime i ride it .

I can only compare it to Duke200 based on the available information on the internet as i have not owned or rode a KTM. Other people who have ridden both the bikes conclude that this a has better acceleration and turning.

As for my experience, it is a nice fast machine.
    nice to know , if bike is with you ,lets meet someday and check this nice machine. it will also be good as i can make its video review
    legend will revive soon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's a nice bike, i would love to have one in white, whenever available.

What's a brand of tires?

AL
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As per my knowledge, only two colors (black & Red) are being imported into Pakistan

Tires are Metzeler, which is a really great option being provided by Buraq!
    Lurking spirit!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How much is this beauty costing?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    How much is this beauty costing?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

AL
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

UPDATE 1 - Nov 27, 2016
    Okay guys, im back with the first update.

I had done about 150 on the meter by riding under 80 kmh and revs at under 6, like a good boy. So i planned to ride from Pindi to Murree turn (the one right before the expressway turns from 4 to 2 lane onto Muzzafarbad road) with a few other veteran riders.
    Pre-checks;
    • Tire pressure used is 28-32
    • Tires warmed up for 20 mins (this is extremely important, you could die if you dont warm your tires before hitting such roads, I MEAN IT!)
    • no adjustment to the monoshock (im 6ft so im comfortable on the standard adjustment)

Summary: So we headed on and i tested the bike by revving it to a max of 7,000 rpm and a top speed of 110. I'm in love with the Metzeler (ahh love), these things grip man and thankfully that they do. Considering that the road was cold and offering low traction, these babies still kept the bike stationary for me
    The cornering ability of the bike is respectable, Masha'Allah, and didn't feel like it was gonna give away even at moderately steep lean angles. Performance is adequate and gives you a nice rush around corners. High speed takes an effort, considering how i went to 100km, i, in my personal opinion only , think that 140 km would be a stretch for the bike but with an aggressive take-off and tail wind, it may give 140 or more.

Details: The bike takes corners pretty nicely, but will shut you down if you are in low-mid range of the rpm (4-5), you need to take them atleast at 5 (here i am assuming that you all know how to take a corner, this is not zig-zag corner through traffic, this is proper track version of a corner!) for the bike to truly open up post -apex and coming out. I revved the engine up at the exit and it did not disappoint. The engine has not been properly opened up so im guessing that after 1,000km on it , the performance might improve / increase.

The braking has improved . Previously i needed to pull the front brakes about 40-50% to feel them hold on to the tire, whereas now it is responsive at 10%. I also rode around 300m holding the front brake and 300 m with the previous brakes. I think i did those at 20% or 10% on the brake pressure, varying it occasionally THIS IS NOT SOMETHING THE COMPANY/ DEALERSHIP SAY, DO NOT DO THIS. THIS IS JUST MY VERSION AND MAY F*** UP THE BIKE FOR ALL I KNOW... BUT IT WORKS FOR ME SO LALALA

The bike wanted to be opened up exiting corners but considering the break-in period i remained calm (at times
    ) and gradually opened the throttle.

Reaching top speeds on the straight would seem a bit of a stretch for the bike, i was doing 100-110 at around 7 rpm on the 6th, i think it might do 125-130 but 140 may require sitting in the bike to reduce air drag.

Coming back down, i relied more on the gears to slow me down rather than brakes (learn to slow the bike using gears). The rear tire tails up a bit as you shift down (downshift at rpm level above 5) which was surprising, as i wasn't expecting it. (this is dangerous and if you dont know what this means, USE THE BRAKES and forget the last line that you read, OMG! i posted contradictions in this para, haww khaii!) just opening the throttle a bit straightens this out and you get a nice flow into the corner.

I would like to add a note for bikers who are upgrading from carb bikes or local manufactured ones, please learn to quick shift. This bike is not for slow or lazy shifting, it will lose power quickly and lug the engine reducing its performance.

On the shitty side, I have faced a gigantic issue on the bike today, the gear gets stuck. I mean bloody hell stuck. Either it wont go from 2 to 3 and i have to cycle 2-1-2-3 or it doesnt come out of 1. Have to take it to the the dealer on Tuesday and will update on it. Minor issue - clutch adjustment or greasing. Major issue, something wrong with gears and it would require opening the gearbox (i r sad, but thankfully it is under warranty)

End update 1
    Lurking spirit!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good interesting narration ^^^
    Al-Khalid,(6TD2, 1200 hp): In line horizontally opposed, 6 cylinders 12 pistons, 2 stroke liquid cooled multi-fuel engine with turbo super charger and indirect fuel injection

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's a nice, detailed review. Keen to know more about this bike. Looks interesting.
    The men are back. @TGT.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

UPDATE 1 - Nov 27, 2016
    Okay guys, im back with the first update.

I had done about 150 on the meter by riding under 80 kmh and revs at under 6, like a good boy. So i planned to ride from Pindi to Murree turn (the one right before the expressway turns from 4 to 2 lane onto Muzzafarbad road) with a few other veteran riders.
    Pre-checks;
    • Tire pressure used is 28-32
    • Tires warmed up for 20 mins (this is extremely important, you could die if you dont warm your tires before hitting such roads, I MEAN IT!)
    • no adjustment to the monoshock (im 6ft so im comfortable on the standard adjustment)

Summary: So we headed on and i tested the bike by revving it to a max of 7,000 rpm and a top speed of 110. I'm in love with the Metzeler (ahh love), these things grip man and thankfully that they do. Considering that the road was cold and offering low traction, these babies still kept the bike stationary for me
    The cornering ability of the bike is respectable, Masha'Allah, and didn't feel like it was gonna give away even at moderately steep lean angles. Performance is adequate and gives you a nice rush around corners. High speed takes an effort, considering how i went to 100km, i, in my personal opinion only , think that 140 km would be a stretch for the bike but with an aggressive take-off and tail wind, it may give 140 or more.

Details: The bike takes corners pretty nicely, but will shut you down if you are in low-mid range of the rpm (4-5), you need to take them atleast at 5 (here i am assuming that you all know how to take a corner, this is not zig-zag corner through traffic, this is proper track version of a corner!) for the bike to truly open up post -apex and coming out. I revved the engine up at the exit and it did not disappoint. The engine has not been properly opened up so im guessing that after 1,000km on it , the performance might improve / increase.

The braking has improved . Previously i needed to pull the front brakes about 40-50% to feel them hold on to the tire, whereas now it is responsive at 10%. I also rode around 300m holding the front brake and 300 m with the previous brakes. I think i did those at 20% or 10% on the brake pressure, varying it occasionally THIS IS NOT SOMETHING THE COMPANY/ DEALERSHIP SAY, DO NOT DO THIS. THIS IS JUST MY VERSION AND MAY F*** UP THE BIKE FOR ALL I KNOW... BUT IT WORKS FOR ME SO LALALA

The bike wanted to be opened up exiting corners but considering the break-in period i remained calm (at times
    ) and gradually opened the throttle.

Reaching top speeds on the straight would seem a bit of a stretch for the bike, i was doing 100-110 at around 7 rpm on the 6th, i think it might do 125-130 but 140 may require sitting in the bike to reduce air drag.

Coming back down, i relied more on the gears to slow me down rather than brakes (learn to slow the bike using gears). The rear tire tails up a bit as you shift down (downshift at rpm level above 5) which was surprising, as i wasn't expecting it. (this is dangerous and if you dont know what this means, USE THE BRAKES and forget the last line that you read, OMG! i posted contradictions in this para, haww khaii!) just opening the throttle a bit straightens this out and you get a nice flow into the corner.

I would like to add a note for bikers who are upgrading from carb bikes or local manufactured ones, please learn to quick shift. This bike is not for slow or lazy shifting, it will lose power quickly and lug the engine reducing its performance.

On the shitty side, I have faced a gigantic issue on the bike today, the gear gets stuck. I mean bloody hell stuck. Either it wont go from 2 to 3 and i have to cycle 2-1-2-3 or it doesnt come out of 1. Have to take it to the the dealer on Tuesday and will update on it. Minor issue - clutch adjustment or greasing. Major issue, something wrong with gears and it would require opening the gearbox (i r sad, but thankfully it is under warranty)

End update 1
    I hope it is minor work. But I fear that some dogs of third gear are chewed up.

Does it runs fine in second and third gear? Is it only the fear shift that is an issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AL
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hopefully, it is a minor issue. Yesterday, it was stuck in the 1st gear for a long time and wouldn't go into neutral or 2nd. That is when i contacted the dealership and they asked me to drop the bike for inspection. It is under warranty so i'm a bit relaxed, let's see what the dealership has to say.
    Lurking spirit!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hopefully, it is a minor issue. Yesterday, it was stuck in the 1st gear for a long time and wouldn't go into neutral or 2nd. That is when i contacted the dealership and they asked me to drop the bike for inspection. It is under warranty so i'm a bit relaxed, let's see what the dealership has to say.
    I bought YBR G few days back and it was doing same ,after clutch adjustment by mechanic all OK now.
    If there is problem with gear u couldn't touch 110 with 7 k RPM
    did u experience any smell coming from transmission

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List