Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 621
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Daihatsu Mira fan club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    swerveut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Daihatsu Mira fan club

    I am seeing a LOT of this car on the roads these days. Seems like it is becoming very popular among the people in its class (660 cc?). I did not see a club for it, so I have made it here (mods, if this is a repeat, please delete).

    So folks who own a Mira, please post pictures and tell us what you think about this car, how much did you buy it for, what fuel economy it gives you and how you rate it.


    I myself am not a Mira owner, however am very curious about this one.

    Cheers!

    -

  2. #401
    PakWheeler Follow
    umairzamir039's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hello Everyone.
    I recently bought Daihatsu MIRA - 2008 2 door with 3 speed auto.
    I was not aware of the bad fuel average of 3 speed auto. currently i am getting 12-13km/L on it with a very soft foot.
    Any suggestions to improve it? Please do let me know.

    Regards

  3. #402
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,001
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umairzamir039 View Post
    Hello Everyone.
    I recently bought Daihatsu MIRA - 2008 2 door with 3 speed auto.
    I was not aware of the bad fuel average of 3 speed auto. currently i am getting 12-13km/L on it with a very soft foot.
    Any suggestions to improve it? Please do let me know.

    Regards
    At what price bro ?
    Always respect your parents

  4. #403
    PakWheeler Follow
    umairzamir039's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    6.15 lacs

  5. #404
    PakWheeler Follow
    umairzamir039's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    After complete tuning and changing the spark plugs the fuel average gets better.
    in city i got 19 Km/L with AC on.
    On highway i got 15 Km/L with AC (at the speed upto 110km/L)
    The only drawback i have noticed is the 3 speed auto. thats y it give less milage on highway if we move on 100 Km/L or up.

    Regards

  6. #405
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahmedk06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan368 View Post
    Mira's some ball joint bush has gone bad - makes krek karech sound from the left wheel and also the left wheels sways a bit at high speed. Though mach opened both ball joints and checked the bush and all other suspension parts and found good. Question - any one can tel what else can be the reason of this sound and from where i can get new bushes. Thanks.
    mira has a problem of rattling brake assemblies (front) only, the metal of the Pins where the calipers move is of bad quality. Just apply few turns of teflon tape to remove the noise for few months, or get new made (machined). I have seen people opening the front suspension and changing the whole parts including steering box to get rid of this noise. A basic test is to apply brakes when you hear the rattles, if the sound goes away its the brake assemblies.

  7. #406
    PakWheeler Follow
    zeeshan368's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    729
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Though i fixed it but wraping tape can jam the wheel, very dangerous. had groves machined in the pin and put rubber ring in the grove to minimize the gap..working fine. every mira's brake calipers rattle.

    M looking for shocks, new ones, first rear. help needed in finding.

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedk06 View Post
    mira has a problem of rattling brake assemblies (front) only, the metal of the Pins where the calipers move is of bad quality. Just apply few turns of teflon tape to remove the noise for few months, or get new made (machined). I have seen people opening the front suspension and changing the whole parts including steering box to get rid of this noise. A basic test is to apply brakes when you hear the rattles, if the sound goes away its the brake assemblies.

  8. #407
    PakWheeler Follow
    zeeshan368's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    729
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    three speed is bad a fuel economy...on highway u get less just because of the high speed. 80-90km/h is the best speed to get max
    Quote Originally Posted by umairzamir039 View Post
    After complete tuning and changing the spark plugs the fuel average gets better.
    in city i got 19 Km/L with AC on.
    On highway i got 15 Km/L with AC (at the speed upto 110km/L)
    The only drawback i have noticed is the 3 speed auto. thats y it give less milage on highway if we move on 100 Km/L or up.

    Regards

  9. #408
    PakWheeler Follow
    zeeshan368's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    729
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Which plugs u installed?

    Quote Originally Posted by umairzamir039 View Post
    After complete tuning and changing the spark plugs the fuel average gets better.
    in city i got 19 Km/L with AC on.
    On highway i got 15 Km/L with AC (at the speed upto 110km/L)
    The only drawback i have noticed is the 3 speed auto. thats y it give less milage on highway if we move on 100 Km/L or up.

    Regards

  10. #409
    PakWheeler Follow
    mueez.abbasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nawabshah
    Age
    19
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan368 View Post
    Which plugs u installed?
    Which car do u have floor gear or desh gear


    Sent from my SM-T230 using PW Forums mobile app

  11. #410
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahmedk06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    39
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan368 View Post
    Though i fixed it but wraping tape can jam the wheel, very dangerous. had groves machined in the pin and put rubber ring in the grove to minimize the gap..working fine. every mira's brake calipers rattle.

    M looking for shocks, new ones, first rear. help needed in finding.
    remove one shock, search in market, start from ijaz autos RWP saddar, I am 100% sure some other model will be a perfect fit. You did a good job with calipers. This is what I heard hence shared though didnt got them machine made personally but sooner my wifes mira is going to get this rattling issue resolved and I will share it here alongwith pictures.

  12. #411
    PakWheeler Follow
    zeeshan368's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    729
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hmmm

    i hve a good mechanic trained on mira... :p
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedk06 View Post
    remove one shock, search in market, start from ijaz autos RWP saddar, I am 100% sure some other model will be a perfect fit. You did a good job with calipers. This is what I heard hence shared though didnt got them machine made personally but sooner my wifes mira is going to get this rattling issue resolved and I will share it here alongwith pictures.

  13. #412
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,001
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedk06 View Post
    mira has a problem of rattling brake assemblies (front) only, the metal of the Pins where the calipers move is of bad quality. Just apply few turns of teflon tape to remove the noise for few months, or get new made (machined). I have seen people opening the front suspension and changing the whole parts including steering box to get rid of this noise. A basic test is to apply brakes when you hear the rattles, if the sound goes away its the brake assemblies.
    My mira does not make any kind of weird noises
    Always respect your parents

  14. #413
    PakWheeler Follow
    Skullbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    346
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I was the victim of the same rattling noise and you have no idea how annoying it becomes . Just got the pins made 2 weeks and its working like a charm now. Feels like i am driving a different car altogether. Like Ahmed mentioned, the best way to check and diagnose the rattle is to press the paddle and see if the noise goes away.

    Also, i am not sure its pyscological or what but i think for the past week or so i am feeling the car to be bit sluggish. My brother removed the CAT when i got the car and the rest of the items are fine too. Plugs are fine, Air filter changed last week, Throttle body cleaned last month, fuel filter changed 4 months but I am not sure what it could be or maybe like i mentioned its pyschological . However, the mileage is fine and got 23.14 in the last refill.

  15. #414
    PakWheeler Follow
    zeeshan368's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    729
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Is mira unstable at the rear because of height and less weight?

  16. #415
    Newbie Follow
    h4hamidlatif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Need to fine best mechanic/worshop for Mira Engine over all

    Engine of my Mira 2005 has sealed. It is jammed because of less oil in the car. I need someone to tell me where to take my car for engine work? Please reply as soon as possible. I need to know the best workshop/mechanic for this purpose.

  17. #416
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,001
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h4hamidlatif View Post
    Engine of my Mira 2005 has sealed. It is jammed because of less oil in the car. I need someone to tell me where to take my car for engine work? Please reply as soon as possible. I need to know the best workshop/mechanic for this purpose.
    Get a kabli used engine and ask them to install it to!
    Always respect your parents

  18. #417
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    OptimusSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am in the market for a 2012 - 2014 Daihatsu Mira G Drive, unregistered. Unfortunately most cars in the market have one or two pieces touchup. Any sellers?

    What are the reviews of the New 2012 Mira, owners?

  19. #418
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,001
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusSS View Post
    I am in the market for a 2012 - 2014 Daihatsu Mira G Drive, unregistered. Unfortunately most cars in the market have one or two pieces touchup. Any sellers?

    What are the reviews of the New 2012 Mira, owners?
    New shape is called mira e: S
    1 piece touchup is very rare , mostly are 3-5 pieces resprayed
    Always respect your parents

  20. #419
    PakWheeler Follow
    mueez.abbasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nawabshah
    Age
    19
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hi tell me something about mira security system. How it works?

    Sent from my SM-T230 using PW Forums mobile app

  21. #420
    PakWheeler Follow
    bilalasheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h4hamidlatif View Post
    Engine of my Mira 2005 has sealed. It is jammed because of less oil in the car. I need someone to tell me where to take my car for engine work? Please reply as soon as possible. I need to know the best workshop/mechanic for this purpose.
    Bro, get a Kaaabli engine swapped, it will be worth it. Did it with mine. working perfectly fine

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •