Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My new Daihatsu Move

Hi there,
    As some of you may recall, i was looking for a car less than 9-10 lacs a few months ago for my personal use. Finally I bought a daihatsu move, costed around 7.5 lacs.

Its a 660 cc petrol driven, unregistered car. I was worried about getting an accidented car so a friend arranged it for me. It has all the basic features a top of the line PDM car has: ABS, Power steering, Auto Tranny, Arm rest, cd player, 4 speakers, Airbags, rear wiper, remote lock and adjustable headlights. Thecabin is simple and well laid out. As i need to go to my job and come back (won't be using it for anything else), the 660 cc engine will do the job. It felt allryt driving over the flyover and speed bumps and those are the only major driving on inclines it will do.

The alternatives were a PDM alto or cuore, but both of them are no longer in production and i would have to buy them second hand. plus even if there are some new PDMs available in the market, this car is better equipped and has similar power.

Here's a brief pictorial review of the car.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats on the new car. How do you plan to find parts like water body, different belts, clutch plate and flywheel, shocks, fuel filter etc?

All of these and other parts are needed if you plan to keep your car for few years.

I also plan to buy a JDM car in that budget in two months but I am worried about availability of genuine parts. I can see you already have problems finding genuine break pads.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Borris View Post
    Congrats on the new car. How do you plan to find parts like water body, different belts, clutch plate and flywheel, shocks, fuel filter etc?

All of these and other parts are needed if you plan to keep your car for few years.

I also plan to buy a JDM car in that budget in two months but I am worried about availability of genuine parts. I can see you already have problems finding genuine break pads.
    Filter house shall arrange all parts. Brake pads were easily available from there, i juat went to the wrong place ie toyota service center for them..buy a JDM only if u know a trustworthy dealer. Otherwise its just a burden.
    I intend to.keep it for a year, and plan to sell it before such problems with shocks etc start. But i will upgrade to a bigger JDM for sure

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    Filter house shall arrange all parts. Brake pads were easily available from there, i juat went to the wrong place ie toyota service center for them..buy a JDM only if u know a trustworthy dealer. Otherwise its just a burden.
    I intend to.keep it for a year, and plan to sell it before such problems with shocks etc start. But i will upgrade to a bigger JDM for sure
    That means Filter house and the likes of them can charge a premium for car parts from JDM car owners.

In that scenario the ownership cost of a cheap small JDM Car (Think Alto, Mira and others) may be closer to total ownership cost of larger Pak car (think NEW Swift)over a period of 5 to 10 years. (Because of high availability of spares)

I believe JDM cars seem to be great option for people who change cars in a year or two. They don't have to worry about end of life-cycle of various parts.

But what if a major component gives up before its normal life (due to manufacturing defect, which happens even in JDMs. or accident)? Say, clutch plate gives up at 50,000 km? Then people with small pockets would curse their decision to buy JDM car.

Is there a (Small, under 10 lac) JDM car that has great spare parts (almost all of them not just plugs and filters) supply in Lahore?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That means Filter house and the likes of them can charge a premium for car parts from JDM car owners.

In that scenario the ownership cost of a cheap small JDM Car (Think Alto, Mira and others) may be closer to total ownership cost of larger Pak car (think NEW Swift)over a period of 5 to 10 years. (Because of high availability of spares)

I believe JDM cars seem to be great option for people who change cars in a year or two. They don't have to worry about end of life-cycle of various parts.

But what if a major component gives up before its normal life (due to manufacturing defect, which happens even in JDMs. or accident)? Say, clutch plate gives up at 50,000 km? Then people with small pockets would curse their decision to buy JDM car.

Is there a (Small, under 10 lac) JDM car that has great spare parts (almost all of them not just plugs and filters) supply in Lahore?
    unfortunately, no there is no car which has spares that are easily available. my advice is keep a small JDM for one year n then get rid of it, n buy another JDM.
    there are multiple threads on this forum in which ppl complain about spares such as radiators or clutch plates as u mentioned not available in the market at all n they have to import em from dubai which costs a fortune.
    but in this price range (ie 7-8 lacs), no good PDM is available. if u talk about a swift think about 10 lacs +.
    its can be menace or it can be a joy, and u gotta know a good dealer to get a good package, otherwise u will regret it and like other people on this forum, become a anti-JDM.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the reply Omar.

I guess I'll wait for Pak Suzuki to launch new small car or Alto with new engine. I can't afford further investment that is needed to buy newer JDM every year. I am assuming that when one sells a JDM after a year or two, you've to add more money to buy a newer JDM. Am I right?

Also, I cannot take the risk of major part failure in a JDM when I own it. I don't have the pocket to order super expensive parts.

It's a shame that non of the local assemblers have anything good under 10 lacs. There seems to be great demand in that segment by looking at all the small JDM cars people have on the roads.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the reply Omar.

I guess I'll wait for Pak Suzuki to launch new small car or Alto with new engine. I can't afford further investment that is needed to buy newer JDM every year. I am assuming that when one sells a JDM after a year or two, you've to add more money to buy a newer JDM. Am I right?

Also, I cannot take the risk of major part failure in a JDM when I own it. I don't have the pocket to order super expensive parts.

It's a shame that non of the local assemblers have anything good under 10 lacs. There seems to be great demand in that segment by looking at all the small JDM cars people have on the roads.
    yes, hopefully the new alto will come out this year and I think it will be reasonably equipped with a good engine... Then maybe I too shall change my JDM if its auto, has ABS, airbags and has all the features found in my car. Now doubt a local car with all those features at a reasonable price would be a blessing.

And now that the car import age is restricted to less than 3 years and if there is no new local small car coming out in the near future then In order to upgrade to another JDM (2009-10 model)I will have to put in an extra 2 lacs most probably, or even more.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats the price of new daitasu mira now adays

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 5000 problem free kms

the car is still running really well. i have had it for almost 6 months now n haven't faced any issues as yet.

got it tuned today from filter house. got its oil, oil filter, air filter and transmission fluid changed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Automatic transmisison fluid costed 3750 (1250 per liter)My new Daihatsu Move -1118795

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the oil costed 2730 (910 per liter)
    My new Daihatsu Move -1118796

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oil filter costed 490 , and air filter was 750/-
    My new Daihatsu Move -1118797

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

total bill including labor: 8500/-

going to upgrade to alloys and get new tyres once the roads of lahore are all fixed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats not a security system. Its called the Electronic Toll Collector (ETC). Not available or active in Pakistan. Its somewhat same as the toll stickers we are issued here by the NHA for motorways.

Beautiful power packed car MashaAllah. Best of luck and drive safe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the old filter, unbelievably dirtyMy new Daihatsu Move -1118799

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    Thats not a security system. Its called the Electronic Toll Collector (ETC). Not available or active in Pakistan. Its somewhat same as the toll stickers we are issued here by the NHA for motorways.

Beautiful power packed car MashaAllah. Best of luck and drive safe.
    yes, and unfortunately its fixed to the dash, so i cant really take it out. Now i am quite used to the welcome japanese voice it gives whenever i switch the car on.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Firstly.. Congrats on having a nice and PROPER car!!
    Secondly plz all of you should look for 4 speed automatic 660ccs whenever you plan to buy, this will give you much better milage!

You did a wise thing to change all the oils and filters straight after purchase, that's the right thing to do!

Try driving a local coure /mehran/ cultus even inspect the quality of brand new of these and you will thank God he saved you from buying that crap!!

On other hand I must mention... people have a mass hysteria regarding JDM cars and their parts! Which is actually ridiculous!
    Dudes... get over your fears, everything is available and prices are moderate too!!

Plus these are high quality and efi cars! Not your average crap pkdm - china and local maal made mehrans! These engines can give more than 200,000kms with ease!! So no need to sell these after a year..!
    And those posh shops in defence, cavalry also over charge insanely for local cars spare parts! Theres nothing wring with the car...!
    If u want convenience you end up paying more, go to car spares market for stuff and u would get it cheaper there...

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    yes, and unfortunately its fixed to the dash, so i cant really take it out. Now i am quite used to the welcome japanese voice it gives whenever i switch the car on.
    Assalamualkum!
    As we discussed before! i also have this Move over here in Karachi! i want to ask you some thing about it!
    Which tyre you got ? have you search about Indash Player with navigation system?

Best regards
    Habib Ur Rahman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, I have bought an Alto 2007 JDM a few months ago. And I can say, I've never had any trouble finding any engine parts, almost everything is same as the engine of PKDM Alto, everytime I get it serviced from Authorized Suzuki Showrooms. Not sure about the body parts though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honda Civic VTi Oriel '14
    Honda City '13 & Yamaha R1 '07

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam congrats for ur new car
    I love this car and i want to buy this car can you just guide me about mechanics and body parts of this car available in karachi?
    Waiting for ur response:-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List