Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Daihatsu Hijet Cargo 660 S321v/S331v Fan Club/Experience sharing

Aoa,

After searching Pakwheels forums, I found some threads about Hijet from brothers asking about different things e.g. engine oil and transmission oil. I am just creating this thread to share the accurate information and experience sharing.
    Not everyone is using Daihatsu Hijet as a family van/car but I am sure many of us are using. May be other Hijet owners who are using this vehicle for commercial purpose/pick and drop can take advantage of this thread.

Mine is 2011 model automatic transmission - 75000kms original mileage - it was 35000 on odo and it is EBD-S331v (with 4WD) - the other one is EBD-S321v which is 2WD. The ride is smooth and I got the first average of 15.5/16 km/l. I have not checked on highway yet.

The main advantage of Hijet over Every is that Hijet has O/D option in all variants and it also has 4 forward gears while Every has 4 gears only in Turbo version (Every Join Turbo or Every Wagon) which is also very expensive (above 11 lac). Hijet also comes in Turbo version but it is your luck if you can find it since many people are importing it now all over Pakistan.

These are the pictures of my vehicle.
    Daihatsu Hijet Cargo 660 S321vS331v Fan ClubExperience sharing -1667378Daihatsu Hijet Cargo 660 S321vS331v Fan ClubExperience sharing -1667379

I am also uploading the important page from the owners manual. It is in Japanese of course but you can find out the numbers (engine oil amount/transmission oil amount) in it.
    Daihatsu Hijet Cargo 660 S321vS331v Fan ClubExperience sharing -1667380Daihatsu Hijet Cargo 660 S321vS331v Fan ClubExperience sharing -1667381

Engine Oil:
    The manual says to use 5w-30 grade oil... the closest match I found was 10w-30 Shell HX7. If your vehicle is driven less than 100,000kms and engine has no issues then you can use this Shell HX7 oil. if there are any issues like engine noise is little more than normal or your vehicle is driven more than 100,000 then you should use 10w-40 grade oil.
    I am planning to use Liqui Moly Mos2 10w-40 semi synthetic... I have seen lot of +ve reviews from many Pakwheelers and from other international forums about this Liqui Moly oil. This costs 4000 rupees for 4liter box. You can also find Shell HX5 in 10w-40 grade which is cheaper than Liqui Moly.
    Liqui Moly changing interval - 6000kms (considering Pakistani conditions)
    Shell Hx7 changing interval - 3000-3500kms
    Shell HX5 changing interval - 3000kms

Gear or Transmission Oil:

The manual says to use Ammix D3-SP automatic transmission Oil. Ammix is an oil company in Japan which provides ATF oils for Daihatsu. Every automatic transmission car owner should be careful while choosing/finding the correct transmission oil. Not every ATF oil is compatible with all vehicles. I have seen that many people put Zic ATF-III after hearing from our road side mechanics..... it may work for many vehicles but gearbox may die soon due to incompatibility.
    I have searched alot and found the oil which says it is compatible with Daihatsu Ammix. I previously owned Suzuki Alto JDM 2007 model and I was not sure where to find the right oil for the car so Ivisited Filter House on Ferozpur road opposite Qadafi stadium. They recommended me to use Kixx ATF Multi transmission oil. It is compatible with many ATF standards for many manufacturers. Check out this link - it is compatible with Daihatsu Ammix. Also note that this is for non CVT gearboxes.
    http://kixxlube.gscaltex.com/Common/...i&strctrcd=eng
    This answers to many Daihatsu Esse users question who have non-CVT automatic Esse.

I will be updating this post for other updates. Do share your experiences .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tagging relevant Pakwheelers who posted questions about it. @kami2270, @asamieh, @capricon92

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Changed Oil + Air filter + oil filter - Oil is Liqui Moly MoS2 10w-40.
    The engine took exactly 3 liters of oil. I doubt it since the manual says it takes about 3.4 liters with oil filter changed. I will see the level again after 2 days.
    The initial response after changing oil was mind blowing. The car started and there was not any engine sound at all - it was too quiet. Very happy with it..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akhan911 View Post
    changed oil + air filter + oil filter - oil is liqui moly mos2 10w-40.
    The engine took exactly 3 liters of oil. I doubt it since the manual says it takes about 3.4 liters with oil filter changed. I will see the level again after 2 days.
    The initial response after changing oil was mind blowing. The car started and there was not any engine sound at all :d - it was too quiet. Very happy with it..
    so did you find the exact volume of oil engine need, with new oil filter. ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now 2nd time it took exact 3 liter with oil filter replaced .

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Engine Tabots get tight after 2 month

Asalamalikum I have hijet and every two months the tabotts get tight and engine won't start any idea why this happens one of the local mechanic said because of dust and I clean the air filter regularly plz help I have installed new Japan I engine the previous engine also had similar issue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

w'salam. Kitna km chali hui hai? Genuine reading hai aap k paas?
    Meri hijet mey bhi 1 baar ye problem hua tha wo EFI mechanic ne check kia kaafi der k baad - phir us ne ignition coil jo k plugs k ooper lagi hoti hai usko change kar k toyota ki lagai tu foran start hogai ye DOHC engine hai is k tappets 2 months k baad tuning nahi maangtay..

Toyota k ignition coil laganay k baad jab confirm hogaya k ye ignition coil ka masla hai tu phir us ne is k original pehlay wali ignition coils k ooper squash tape lagai (wo tranparesnt white wali) k gap fill hojaye.. aur us din k baad se aaj tak 1 masla b nahi hai..

Aap ne engine change kyu kar lia? :O pehley walay mey kia masla tha?

Quote Originally Posted by adil_rauf90 View Post
    Asalamalikum I have hijet and every two months the tabotts get tight and engine won't start any idea why this happens one of the local mechanic said because of dust and I clean the air filter regularly plz help I have installed new Japan I engine the previous engine also had similar issue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default OD

I didn't find OD option in my Hijet while you have said it is in all variants.

Plz confirm.

Model 2008
    Auto transmission

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello,

My elder brother owns a Hijet Cargo. Few days back it had no-start issue, mechanic on Jamshed road worked on it, replacing all it valves. Now it is starting and running okay.

However, the engine RPM seems like stuck on low RPM when idle, and turning on AC won't change RPM to a bit high, but engine RPM starts to stall, and AC compressor switches on off rapidly.

I think this is something to do with ISC (idle speed control) motor, we serviced it (washed with soft-brush dipped with patrol) before taking it to mechanic, it was pretty badly wrapped in oil and carbon mixture.

Checked motor with multi-meter, and the motor seems to be good. I think it needs OBD scan and settings.

Kindly recommend a good workshop in Karachi, which have OBD scan tools and can help fixing the issue. Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default OD

Akhan plz reply my question
    I will be thankful to you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sjdmax View Post
    Akhan plz reply my question
    I will be thankful to you.
    If you dont have O/D button on the gear lever - it means you may be having 3 forward gear transmission. When I searched internet about hijet I always find 4 gear transmission even if it is a turbo version or simple version. Mine is simple version.

O/D always means you have at least 4 forward gears in your transmission system. You can also count the gear while you drive, the very small gear changing jerk can be felt and you can count how many times it did it. When you change from 'P' to 'D' you are in first gear then it will be change to 2nd on 20km/h and then shifted to 3rd on 30km/h and then last one will be changed at 45km/h - means you have 4 forward gears.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chall3ng3r View Post
    Hello,

My elder brother owns a Hijet Cargo. Few days back it had no-start issue, mechanic on Jamshed road worked on it, replacing all it valves. Now it is starting and running okay.

However, the engine RPM seems like stuck on low RPM when idle, and turning on AC won't change RPM to a bit high, but engine RPM starts to stall, and AC compressor switches on off rapidly.

I think this is something to do with ISC (idle speed control) motor, we serviced it (washed with soft-brush dipped with patrol) before taking it to mechanic, it was pretty badly wrapped in oil and carbon mixture.

Checked motor with multi-meter, and the motor seems to be good. I think it needs OBD scan and settings.

Kindly recommend a good workshop in Karachi, which have OBD scan tools and can help fixing the issue. Thanks.
    Sorry brother I dont know about any workshop in karachi. But I can give you some tips which some of my friends gave it to me. You will need to find a EFI mechanic - every good EFI mechanic has its own OBD kit (big ones). Karachi is a big city and you will find it easily. Every other car on road is now EFI so finding EFI mechanic is not hard now-a-days.
    Cars like Mira, Alto, Move are also appearing on our roads so every good mechanic or shop are having the car computer scanners now.
    Some days ago my hijet was having starting problem so I did research and found EFI mechanic in my area. He scanned computer of our hijet by connecting his kit and cleared error codes. In the end the problem found was with the ignition coil (the ones we have on the top of spark plugs - green/grey color). He simply rapped a transparent squash tape around ignition coil to cover the gap between the coil whole and coil itself and it worked. He said you can find new ignition coils easily from big cities easily and the current one will also work. I was afraid after re-inserting the current coils because I had to travel to another city but he assured me that it will not do any issue now and to date it has been working fine Alhamdullilah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA. Do you have Owner's Manual (soft copy) and can u provide if you have? If not, then can you please guide where to obtain from?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your reply.

We finally had to take it to mechanic, he replaced all valves, and car started. But it was consuming lot of oil. Again same mechanic now replaced rings. Now it's better, we only paid for parts as it was mistake on mechanic's side for 2nd time engine opening.

Now only ISC is not working as AC turn on. So, we're going to open ECU and ISC motor for testing, and replace motor and fix ECU. We did recently repaired Pajero Mini ECU, so lets see if we could crack this one up.

Will post updates on it.

Pajero Mini 1995 M/T
    Mitsubishi Pajero Mini 1995 (660cc Turbo)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Update about the low RPM on turning AC on. Well, it looks like the ISC motor is good and so it ECU.

With my limited experience this seems like the oxygen sensor might be all clogged up because the car was eating too much oil and it must have ended up on oxygen sensor. This sensor gives data to ECU so the patrol and air mixture is adjusted.

There are two of them, one on the up stream (just near the engine on exhaust pipe) and one on the down stream (on catalytic converter). Will take it for OBD scan and get them pulled out as I don't have the wrench with long handle.
    Mitsubishi Pajero Mini 1995 (660cc Turbo)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ajmemon008 View Post
    AOA. Do you have Owner's Manual (soft copy) and can u provide if you have? If not, then can you please guide where to obtain from?
    Sorry - I dont have any soft copy. I got a manual book with my Hijet. I can share the pics with you of main pages if you like.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List