Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 20w50 in Honda Fit Hybrid

Hi,
    I am finalizing a deal to buy a 2011 Honda Fit Hybrid, the car is really good in terms of body, interior, engine and everything but the owner told me that he uses Kixx 20w50 oil on this car, however the User manual recommend 0w30 for all weathers. I was just curious that would 20w50 oil would have done any damage to the car, the current owner has drive probably driven this car 10,000 km in Pakistan since August 2014.

One of the reason sellers use heavier oils in their cars is to muffle engine noises of weaker engines, but I guess this is not the case here, that person just didn't know which oil to use.

Thanks in advance.
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    What if car is on cng?
    Cng runs on high temperature as compared to petrol so 20w50 is good for modern cnged engine, no?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Not sure about that, never used cng on any of my cars, but if your cooling system is doing it's job, the engine's temperature should stay within a certain range regardless of outside temperature and type of fuel used.

Plus i don't think anyone has installed cng in fit hybrid yet. Lekin pata koi nai
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Recommended is only 0w20. as the car features eco idle stop feature so engine has to shut down and start many times and immediately run again.so thinner oil will circulate whole engine better instead of thiker oil.thats why oil in hybrids is thinner.
    Honda fit hybrid 0w20,5w20
    CRZ 0w20
    Fit Hybrid RS 0w20
    prius 0w30
    So you can see and choose.
    and dont worry if reviously thicker oil was being used.if quantity was not exceeded over factory recommendation you can change it.in fact people abroad use different oil for winter,summer or snow weathers.just make sure not to pour excessive oil.that is the main reason for seals leak.
    its 3.5L for fit i think but check again
    {{((( Impossible it self says 'I' 'm' 'possible' ))}}}
    Never Give Up Hope

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deltoid61 View Post
    Recommended is only 0w20. as the car features eco idle stop feature so engine has to shut down and start many times and immediately run again.so thinner oil will circulate whole engine better instead of thiker oil.thats why oil in hybrids is thinner.
    Honda fit hybrid 0w20,5w20
    CRZ 0w20
    Fit Hybrid RS 0w20
    prius 0w30
    So you can see and choose.
    and dont worry if reviously thicker oil was eing used.if quantity was not exceeded over factory recommendation you can change it.in fact people abroad use different oil for winter,summer or snow weathers.just make sure not to pour excessive oil.that is the main reason for sela leaks.
    its 3.5L for fit i think but check again
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I am now using Total 5w30 in my Fit. Couldn't find any 0w20 oil from a brand that I could recognize. They had Zic 0w30 but recently I have heard mixed reviews about Zic's quality control.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gorkan View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply. I am now using Total 5w30 in my Fit. Couldn't find any 0w20 oil from a brand that I could recognize. They had Zic 0w30 but recently I have heard mixed reviews about Zic's quality control.
    I am using 0w20 for PTT Performa.Its Philipines based company.i heard many positive reviews about it so i tried it and am very satisfied with it.You know problem with famous brands is they are being repacked here in pakistan. but with not so famous but quality ones are still imported as it is.i checked it with bar code scanner in my mobile and bang,i was able to trace it to the manufacterer site.so i was sure it was the same pack whitch i bought, not some locally prepared and recyled dinosaur oil
    http://www.pttphils.com/lubricants.php
    {{((( Impossible it self says 'I' 'm' 'possible' ))}}}
    Never Give Up Hope

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved