Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club

Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club
    Honda fit is probably the cheapest hybrid car you can buy, Although it's a mild hybrid, it gives decent mileage and offer good value for money in this segment of the market. It is available as a Hatch-back or station wagon body style. The later is called Honda Fit Shuttle Hybrid and it was only released in Japanese Domestic Market.

Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1492624

Please use this thread as a platform to share your pictures, mileage, questions, comments or other suggestions regarding Honda Fit Hybrid or other cars with Honda IMA (Integrated Motor Assist).

Some Details from Wikipedia: Sales of the Fit Hybrid began in Japan in October 2010. The hybrid version starts at ?1.59 million (around US$20,000), the lowest price for a gasoline-hybrid electric vehicle sold in Japan. The Fit Hybrid features a 1.3-litre engine and electric motor, with an estimated fuel economy of 3.3 litres per 100 kilometres (86 mpg-imp; 71 mpg-US) measured in accordance with Japanese 10?15 cycle. The car uses a parallel hybrid system that works in tandem with the gasoline engine. The parallel hybrid system is simple and lightweight while enhances driving performance and fuel economy.

User Manual in English:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88887738/FIT%20HYBRID.pdf

“Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadhasan99 View Post
    My car has 195/60/R15 Dunlop Tires With Alloy Rims, can tires be one of the reason for bad economy?
    The original / factory recommended size is 175/65R15. The oem wheels are 5.5" wide. Using bigger tyre does affect fuel economy, specially more, if you use a heavier foot. Also speedometer and odometer will tell you less speed and less distance covered (by approx 4.4%, i.e 4.4km @ 100km).

Unfortunately, the oem size of 175/65R15 is locally available only in Eurostar tyre (made for factory spec of honda city). Many people swear by eurostars, and I suppose during routine careful driving they should do a decent enough job. However if one chooses to go for imported tyre, the choice is to go for bigger size. The size closest are 185/65R15 or 195/60R15. The 195/60R15 size is not freely available and not a regular import. 195/65R15 is freely avaialble, coz its the factory size for both honda civic and toyota corolla, hence availble in wide variety, always in stock and cheaper! Thats why one sees most people end up using the 195/65R15 on their Honda City, the larger size does mean a bit more comfort at the price of slightly reduced fuel economy and power. The 185/65R15 are available, but less variety in comparison.

Anyway, despite the above, ur mileage is still on the lower side. I have myself changed tyres on the Fit to Michelin 185/65R15 size. So far I have driven around 250km on the new tyres and fuel consumption seems only marginally affected. Previously around 20kmpl, now 19kmpl. Will update again if it changes with more driving.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    The original / factory recommended size is 175/65R15. The oem wheels are 5.5" wide. Using bigger tyre does affect fuel economy, specially more, if you use a heavier foot. Also speedometer and odometer will tell you less speed and less distance covered (by approx 4.4%, i.e 4.4km @ 100km).

Unfortunately, the oem size of 175/65R15 is locally available only in Eurostar tyre (made for factory spec of honda city). Many people swear by eurostars, and I suppose during routine careful driving they should do a decent enough job. However if one chooses to go for imported tyre, the choice is to go for bigger size. The size closest are 185/65R15 or 195/60R15. The 195/60R15 size is not freely available and not a regular import. 195/65R15 is freely avaialble, coz its the factory size for both honda civic and toyota corolla, hence availble in wide variety, always in stock and cheaper! Thats why one sees most people end up using the 195/65R15 on their Honda City, the larger size does mean a bit more comfort at the price of slightly reduced fuel economy and power. The 185/65R15 are available, but less variety in comparison.

Anyway, despite the above, ur mileage is still on the lower side. I have myself changed tyres on the Fit to Michelin 185/65R15 size. So far I have driven around 250km on the new tyres and fuel consumption seems only marginally affected. Previously around 20kmpl, now 19kmpl. Will update again if it changes with more driving.
    Agree to you on other points, but wider tires are not considered Comfortable, it can give you more stability/braking power but they are not at all increases comfort, why is that ? this is because wider tires have more area in contact with the ground so there is more impact transferring to the car suspension system that will eventually goes to passenger sitting in cabin. It is always best to have company recommended profile.
    Corolla Altis 1.6 2016-to date
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkaar View Post
    Agree to you on other points, but wider tires are not considered Comfortable, it can give you more stability/braking power but they are not at all increases comfort, why is that ? this is because wider tires have more area in contact with the ground so there is more impact transferring to the car suspension system that will eventually goes to passenger sitting in cabin. It is always best to have company recommended profile.
    How much ground clearance have improved after installing 185/65/15, specially when 4 persons are on board.

nn
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I didn't say wider, I said larger, in the context of larger diameter tyre. Larger diameter usually means that you run over comparatively more pot holes than a smaller tyre would, hence the comfort. Also larger side wall diameter means, more give (Lachak ) of tyre.

Wider tyre being more uncomfortable "as a general rule" is debatable. You said right that it will give more traction. But usually people put wider tyres with lower profile for better traction n handling. And with lower profile tyre, usually higher tyre pressures are used for best results. This is where the comfort level is compromised!

I doubt very much that there would be any deterioration in comfort level when changing tyre size from 175/65R15 to 195/65R15.

Quote Originally Posted by zwk641 View Post
    How much ground clearance have improved after installing 185/65/15, specially when 4 persons are on board.
    Changing tyre size from 175/65R15 to 185/65R15 gives you (1/4") quarter inch increase in ride height/ ground clearance. Where as changing 175/65R15 to 195/65R15 would give you half inch increase in ride height/ ground clearance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had just received my Honda Fit Shuttle Alhamdolilah. The car is 4.5 grade and has driven almost 55000 kms.
    I have just took few small trips inside the city and the milage is coming around 20 km /l
    Will post more once I drive it more.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by some_simple1 View Post
    I had just received my Honda Fit Shuttle Alhamdolilah. The car is 4.5 grade and has driven almost 55000 kms.
    I have just took few small trips inside the city and the milage is coming around 20 km /l
    Congrats...

What was the end price for the car...?
    Keep Faith in Allah...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Aqua.
    Achieved average After Refuelling & placing original Airfilter, trip from Scheme3 to H-10 Isb Via peshawar Rd & kashmir highway & back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Fit hybrid mileage

I recently went and bought a fit hybrid with my brother. It was a black car with keyless entry and start and the dealer was using it as his personal car. The max consumption I got was 24 km/l.. That was on a sunny day with ac turned to max.. I drove on an open route with little to no traffic and made stops on the way so it wasn't a continuous trip. I don't usually drive with a light foot.. But still I remember it used to give around 12-13 in everyday use. With traffic and all that..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GP2 is one of my favourite cars

Its true value for money imo

I dont know why ppl buy Vitz for 14 and not GP2 for 16

So weird
    Transparency & Trust @ WWW.MYCAR.PK , salaam.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarmuslim View Post
    GP2 is one of my favourite cars

Its true value for money imo

I dont know why ppl buy Vitz for 14 and not GP2 for 16

So weird
    GP2 is fit Hybrid shuttle, GP1 is Fit Hybrid is regular one, it can be compared directly with Vitz as it false almost in same price range, 14-15 lacs. If i have to make the decision i will always prefer Fit Hybrid over Vitz. Fit is better value for money any day from Vitz. Fit Hybrid is an expensive car in Japan than Vitz. It is because of less duty it falls in same price range.
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by osama.t.saeed View Post
    I recently went and bought a fit hybrid with my brother. It was a black car with keyless entry and start and the dealer was using it as his personal car. The max consumption I got was 24 km/l.. That was on a sunny day with ac turned to max.. I drove on an open route with little to no traffic and made stops on the way so it wasn't a continuous trip. I don't usually drive with a light foot.. But still I remember it used to give around 12-13 in everyday use. With traffic and all that..
    12-13 in automatic car, within city and AC, with power of 1339 cc, i think it still very decent. for Example City automatic 1.3 does not go above 10 km/l within City.
    Wagon R VXL 2014-2016

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

12-13 really is awesome!! My 2000 civic hardly gives me 5-7!! 😂😂
    I drive a v6 Camry here in the states and it gives me better mileage then the Civic in Pakistan.. 😁

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

most thing i like about honda fit is that its hybrid system can be turned off just by a button in boot,and it starts on petrol.otherwise in a prius if hybrid system or batteries have a problem those will not even start and run.
    {{((( Impossible it self says 'I' 'm' 'possible' ))}}}
    Never Give Up Hope

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Brothers and Sisters

If anyone of you, your friends, colleagues or anyone in your family is interested to avail the facility of Islamic Car Ijarah/Financing for NEW or up to 10 years old car (locally or internationally assembled) on relatively low rates can contact me. I?ll be more than happy to help

Regards

S.Fahad Kama
    0345-2840740

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deltoid61 View Post
    most thing i like about honda fit is that its hybrid system can be turned off just by a button in boot,and it starts on petrol.otherwise in a prius if hybrid system or batteries have a problem those will not even start and run.
    How to turn of the hybrid system?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After driving Fit Shuttle for almost a week including city driving in Lahore and a trip to Sargodha through motorway, my stats are as followed
    City driving with 26 C AC ----- 17.8 kmpl
    Motorway driving with 26 C AC and a speed of 120 kmph ----- 17.4 kmpl

I think its pretty decent figure as the motorway trip was with 4 persons in the car and my city driving is usually not more than 15 km at a time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GP2 is fit Hybrid shuttle, GP1 is Fit Hybrid is regular one, it can be compared directly with Vitz as it false almost in same price range, 14-15 lacs. If i have to make the decision i will always prefer Fit Hybrid over Vitz. Fit is better value for money any day from Vitz. Fit Hybrid is an expensive car in Japan than Vitz. It is because of less duty it falls in same price range.
    I know bro
    GP1 is FIT HYBRID
    GP2 FIT SHUTTLE HYBRID
    GP4 FIT HYBRID RS
    GP5 FIT HYBRID 2013 onwards

what i was saying is that i wud like to have the extra space in shuttle, being a family man, i wudnt ever consider GP1 and wud pay extra for the extra space

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zwk641 View Post
    My Aqua.
    Achieved average After Refuelling & placing original Airfilter, trip from Scheme3 to H-10 Isb Via peshawar Rd & kashmir highway & back.
    Coming into Honda Fit forum and posting your aqua mpg is pathetic.You know what, i can easyly shatter your record but i pitty you because than you will suffer from depression that a honda fit can beat your turtle.here is some thing to warn you
    Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1634901
    i intented to break your record in this drive but than i took pity and let it go.
    So if you ever come here again braging about your fuel mileage i will break your record and than will post that here and even at Prius forum and will tell them that this is in response to your pathetic effort to look down at a honda fit.
    BTW aqua has even less cabin and boot space and its acceleration is pathetic.Lol i dont know why they have those body kits to give it a look like a sport hatchback ??
    Never Give Up Hope

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How to turn of the hybrid system?
    Here is how to do it.you will need a plas or ranch to open two screws in boot.
    Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1634907

Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1634908
    Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1634909

Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1634912

to turn back on you will have tp press that red button too
    Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1634914
    in last the car will start and run but you will see IMA system light ofcourse.last pic is after starting my car
    Never Give Up Hope

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks @deltoid61 for DIY conversion of fit... and also for shattering the record of Aqua...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

User Tag List