Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club

Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club
    Honda fit is probably the cheapest hybrid car you can buy, Although it's a mild hybrid, it gives decent mileage and offer good value for money in this segment of the market. It is available as a Hatch-back or station wagon body style. The later is called Honda Fit Shuttle Hybrid and it was only released in Japanese Domestic Market.

Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1492624

Please use this thread as a platform to share your pictures, mileage, questions, comments or other suggestions regarding Honda Fit Hybrid or other cars with Honda IMA (Integrated Motor Assist).

Some Details from Wikipedia: Sales of the Fit Hybrid began in Japan in October 2010. The hybrid version starts at ?1.59 million (around US$20,000), the lowest price for a gasoline-hybrid electric vehicle sold in Japan. The Fit Hybrid features a 1.3-litre engine and electric motor, with an estimated fuel economy of 3.3 litres per 100 kilometres (86 mpg-imp; 71 mpg-US) measured in accordance with Japanese 10?15 cycle. The car uses a parallel hybrid system that works in tandem with the gasoline engine. The parallel hybrid system is simple and lightweight while enhances driving performance and fuel economy.

User Manual in English:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88887738/FIT%20HYBRID.pdf

“Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deltoid61 View Post
    Thanks a lot for your honest opinion.you are right the duty for it is same as a 1340 cc car. it was just 10K driven and non accidented so was expensive, just alone its actuon ended at 11,52000 Yen,so you can calculate the duty etc easyly.
    i did considered the 2013 onward model,although its engine is newer technology and like prius it starts and runs initially on batteries.but for many reasons i didt buy it
    1: If some problem occurs in electronic system or batteries the cars is useless and will not even start, but in IMA system we can shut down the electronic system by just a buttton in trunk,so it will drive just a normal 1500 cc car.so i wont have to worry about support for hybrid system in Pakistan etc etc
    2:i wanted to buy RS version,at that time no RS version was available in 2013 or even 2014.its now laucnhed in 2015. so importing that was not possible.
    3:i Didn't like the back shape of 2013 onward model,and neither the interior especially the buttons on stearing,they look pathetic.
    4:i dont want the economy,i just want a fun to drive car.
    Belive me i bought the hybrid not because the batteries may save fuel but because they help engine accerlerate faster when floored .)
    and the duty is 50% less for hybrids
    So impoting this model was my own choice.and obove all i did Istakhara about all these and saw this black fit in my dream,so Allah decided this for me and i am happy with HIS blessing
    Dear,

As i mentioned earlier, i think that both have almost same power output so fun to drive element would be same(i am not sure if RS has some special functions so can't say).
    IMA has not been successful and that is why Honda has decided to move on and go for something better.However you may be right on running without IMA.
    Hybrid systems are very reliable and the scenario you described rarely happens.On the basis of new model new fit has become second best selling model in Japan after Toyota Aqua.
    Anyhow as you are satisfied it is good enough and i wish you enjoy it. My good wishes and do keep us updating about the performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Dear,

As i mentioned earlier, i think that both have almost same power output so fun to drive element would be same(i am not sure if RS has some special functions so can't say).
    IMA has not been successful and that is why Honda has decided to move on and go for something better.However you may be right on running without IMA.
    Hybrid systems are very reliable and the scenario you described rarely happens.On the basis of new model new fit has become second best selling model in Japan after Toyota Aqua.
    Anyhow as you are satisfied it is good enough and i wish you enjoy it. My good wishes and do keep us updating about the performance.
    In 19-20 lakhs price either an acidented/base grade high mileage 2013 onward new model or a low mileaged fully loaded 2012? whitch will you choose?(just curious) becuase fully loaded decent models of Gen 3 Fit hybrids were above 2.3 million range.and i knew that the honda abandoned IMA system in 2012.
    and you were asking about what car does in sports mode? the engine response quickens,batteries maximmaly discharge to provide rapid torque,steering becomes slighty heavy for more handling and grip. steering is lightest in Eco mode.
    and in paddle shifters,you can feel car just like a manual car,its pick is amazing.
    Next time i travel on motorway i will try to make the video of acceleration in sports mode.
    {{((( Impossible it self says 'I' 'm' 'possible' ))}}}
    Never Give Up Hope

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Edited

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Syed Khalid Jameel

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    Any owners who can give reviews on below :

1. Actual fuel economy
    2. Parts avaiability
    3. Suspension and road clearance
    I just bought a Honda fit hybrid 2011 in last week and so far I have driven it 150 KM and it has given me 12 KM/l average, I am also confused about the consumption of thus car, because company claimed 20+.
    Parts avaiability is I guess no matter because its engine like Honda city 2008, and Air filter, oil filter plugs etc are the same as honda city.
    Drive is marvelous, very comfortable and gripped,
    So if anybody knows the tips of increasing the consumption please let me know.
    Regards
    SYED KHALID JAMEEL 03229268036

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sayyedk View Post
    I just bought a Honda fit hybrid 2011 in last week and so far I have driven it 150 KM and it has given me 12 KM/l average, I am also confused about the consumption of thus car, because company claimed 20+.
    Parts avaiability is I guess no matter because its engine like Honda city 2008, and Air filter, oil filter plugs etc are the same as honda city.
    Drive is marvelous, very comfortable and gripped,
    So if anybody knows the tips of increasing the consumption please let me know.
    Regards
    SYED KHALID JAMEEL 03229268036
    How much mileaged is it?
    did you reset the adometer A or B ? because the car ships from japan and than here at showrooms regularly being started every morning,so the engine is running but car is standing.that contributes to the low average on initial odometer. reset it and see the new average.
    other things are air filter,plugs if need changing.but i am sure after resetting the ODO you will see the current average.
    These 1340 cc Fits should be giving more average than my 1500 Fit because these have i-dsi 8 plug engines,and i owned 2007 city i-dsi and its average was awsome,15-17. So your is a hybrid plus same engine.must give 22-25. i can achieve upto 23-25 on my Fit RS 1500 cc,although its engine is more performance oriented than your's fit
    Never Give Up Hope

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I need help in importing Honda fit shuttle for myself. Need guidance from the experienced members on how to import

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does any one know how to check the health of the IMA battery, any advice will be appreciated since I am looking forward to purchase a Honda Fit. Secondly what will happen to IMA batteries if the Honda Fit isn't run for 4-5 months.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rashidkhanmuhammad View Post
    Does any one know how to check the health of the IMA battery, any advice will be appreciated since I am looking forward to purchase a Honda Fit. Secondly what will happen to IMA batteries if the Honda Fit isn't run for 4-5 months.
    IMA indication lights up if there is any issue. You can see the light when you key in

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rashidkhanmuhammad View Post
    Do you mean run car or dont even start it for 4-5 months?
    i was woried too while importing my fit,becuase i searched and read that hybrid batteries if not charged upto may be 1-2 months than it seroously effects them,as i knew car will be from Japan,than docks than Karachi than to lahore.and i also thought about cars standing on showrooms even for months.but i noted following bahavior in my fit hybrid.
    As soon as you start the car, IMA starts charging batteries and charges upto 6 bars,may be 60% that is.so when ever the car will be started in docks for shifting or in karachi for loading than to lahore etc the batteries will get their charger and wont be dead.
    in showrooms every car is started until radiator fans ons.that is also enough time to get some charge into batteries.so dont worry
    So you are safe there my brother.but if car was accidented severly and you suspect that it was not even started for 2-3 months,stay away from that car.coz batteries even if working wont have their full performance and you wont have nice mileage.
    Just my humble .02$
    i have self emported my fit RS 1500 cc.it is more performance oriented engine but still gives 22-25 in city and 18 on motorway coz i travel fast.but normal fit hybrids are 1300 cc with 8 plugs DSi+vtec mix engine.they can give more than this average belive me.
    Never Give Up Hope

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Fit GP4 RS

As Salam o Alaikum

Alhumdulilah imported a Honda Fit GP4 RS 2012 with Paddle shifter auto gear some two months back.

A very responsive car but not very efficient so far.

Made small exterior mods and some other tiny ricing.

But as its unique car finding parts and its price is a bad nightmare. Top of it Eclipse DVD player is locked as old owner in Japan did not gave the MiniB-Cas card so tht also need to replaced .

However its Love Ma Sha Allah

Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1608208Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1608209Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1608210Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1608211
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot for a detailed response, you seem to have detailed knowledge about Fits. Could you please tell what are the standard features of a Honda Fit 1.3 Hybrid 10th anniversary edition.
    How much time does it take to reach the level of 6 bars after starting. I am also thinking of buying a Fit, and our markets can be suspected for any kinds of frauds. It is also difficult to get accurate information about the past of the car. Is there any way by which I can judge the health of the battery during the test drive.., If I drive with heavy foot when the battery is at 6 bars, a weak battery would get discharged very soon and a healthy battery will last a little longer. What is your opinion on this, please advise.. If the car computer shows a good km/l, can we suggest that the battery health is good.?
    Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am sorry, forgot to ask one thing. If the car is run at a speed upto around 30 km/l after the initial charge, it should run on batteries only. A good battery should last for longer and vice-versa. What should be appropriate time for a good battery.(I am not sure if my assumption is correct or not, I have never driven any hybrid)). Please advise, thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default mubarik ji

@fit hybrid RS GP4. bhai bohot mubarik ho.i own same car as u but in black color.and dont worry about parts.it has same engine as crz.so every crz engine part and aftermarket engine parts fits.just air filter is different.and its body parts are of GE honda fit.both crz and fit has nice aftermarket support.so dont worry.
    i have even imported turbo bolt on kit for it.install it next week inshaAllah.imagine fit RS with turbo ...
    if u want any help i am here
    Let me tell another thing about our RS fit.its beats new civic,crz,corollas 1.8 ,prius1.8.
    its even lighter in weight than crz.
    with 128 hp it power to wt ratio is supeior to all the cars i mentioned above.
    i have only lost to a cl9 accord coz that is 2400 cc,so it was obvious.so dont be shy about showing its potential if some one bosses you around

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@fit hybrid RS GP4. bhai bohot mubarik ho.i own same car as u but in black color.and dont worry about parts.it has same engine as crz.so every crz engine part and aftermarket engine parts fits.just air filter is different.and its body parts are of GE honda fit.both crz and fit has nice aftermarket support.so dont worry.
    i have even imported turbo bolt on kit for it.install it next week inshaAllah.imagine fit RS with turbo ...
    if u want any help i am here
    Let me tell another thing about our RS fit.its beats new civic,crz,corollas 1.8 ,prius1.8.
    its even lighter in weight than crz.
    with 128 hp it power to wt ratio is supeior to all the cars i mentioned above.
    i have only lost to a cl9 accord coz that is 2400 cc,so it was obvious.so dont be shy about showing its potential if some one bosses you around
    Hmm urs must Manual transmission.Would definately love to see Turboed GP4 but do get rid of CEL b4 going for such big modification.
    Wht avg are u getting?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Rashidkhan
    bhai there is no accurate tool to check battery health.one way is to check fuel average at test drive.reset the odometer.it should be near 20 km/ L atleast in economode.
    your question about 30km/h tak only battery.that is not the case with current fit models.that tech came in 2013 plus models which have new shape and dual cluch cvt transmission.those give upto 30km/L!
    IMA charhes battery upto 60% with engine help but above that it is charged by regenerative breaking.there is no point of wasting fuel on charging batteries fully is there?
    just dont buy major accidented front hit ones.
    one exception of IMA charging battery fully with engine power is when in RS versions of honda fits,we select sport mode.The IMA keeps them full so when we push paddle hard,blast of torque comes from batteties and it keeps dischargig even upto 90% ,just one bar will remain
    as soon as u slighly soften the foot on paddle it starts charging again but wont stop at 60%.it will go to 90-100%.but that feature is only in GP4 honda fit RS and crz.but all that charge is being done on your car's petrol.but at that time what matters is peeformance not economy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasay_ahmed View Post
    Hmm urs must Manual transmission.Would definately love to see Turboed GP4 but do get rid of CEL b4 going for such big modification.
    Wht avg are u getting?
    yup i am at oem filter now.turbo kit has its own filter.its complete kit.imported through maxpower guys.they will install it.unluckyly good tuner is not here.so live tuning will be done from abroad charging 480$! yup that sucks..
    about your question.i am getting upto 24 km/Lwith light foot in city in ongoing traffic.but in traffic jams and stop & go traffic average is near 20. coz battry dont get charged with low speed breaking.at 50-80 km speed honda fit can really give 25 av.
    on motorway gives upto 18.

i have few tips for fuel average. which i will share.its hard to type from my cell.
    for your transmission question,
    i have triptronic transmissionfor
    there are turbo's for cvt and auti trans too.man honda fit aftermarket is huge
    i am also changing injectors to 410cc acura RSX type s,iridium IX spark plugs,AEM-FIC-6,exhaust,tranmission cooler etc etc
    lets see how much my average drops after that..but it wont matter coz i have not imported this car for fuel economy anyway

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@deltoid61
    Thanks a lot for a detailed reply. I really appreciate it. Will keep your advice in mind.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I spotted the new Honda Fit in Royal Palm Lahore, any idea what is the duty for the 2013 Fit. The look was extremely sexy and the vehicle itself was as silent as a Tesla. Thinking of purchasing it but afraid the duty might be alot.
    Allhamdullilah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yup i am at oem filter now.turbo kit has its own filter.its complete kit.imported through maxpower guys.they will install it.unluckyly good tuner is not here.so live tuning will be done from abroad charging 480$! yup that sucks..
    about your question.i am getting upto 24 km/Lwith light foot in city in ongoing traffic.but in traffic jams and stop & go traffic average is near 20. coz battry dont get charged with low speed breaking.at 50-80 km speed honda fit can really give 25 av.
    on motorway gives upto 18.

i have few tips for fuel average. which i will share.its hard to type from my cell.
    for your transmission question,
    i have triptronic transmissionfor
    there are turbo's for cvt and auti trans too.man honda fit aftermarket is huge
    i am also changing injectors to 410cc acura RSX type s,iridium IX spark plugs,AEM-FIC-6,exhaust,tranmission cooler etc etc
    lets see how much my average drops after that..but it wont matter coz i have not imported this car for fuel economy anyway
    Well we have very good tunners in Pakistan like Yasir Unichip should hav gone for Unichip as it would be cheaper and better tune.Awad khan and some other guys aswell.Maxpower ppl do big projects strange to hear they dont have a tunner.
    Installing 410cc injectors would be a disaster if you are not building the engine coz you will hardly open 6-7psi for which even 250-300cc injectors are enough. Use to have 195cc injectors on my Turbo 1.3L lancer and use to pull around 8-9psi tht too with stock fuel pump and no engine management

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasay_ahmed View Post
    Well we have very good tunners in Pakistan like Yasir Unichip should hav gone for Unichip as it would be cheaper and better tune.Awad khan and some other guys aswell.Maxpower ppl do big projects strange to hear they dont have a tunner.
    Installing 410cc injectors would be a disaster if you are not building the engine coz you will hardly open 6-7psi for which even 250-300cc injectors are enough. Use to have 195cc injectors on my Turbo 1.3L lancer and use to pull around 8-9psi tht too with stock fuel pump and no engine management
    Maxpower ppl do have tuner,but that is online tuner,which i already mentioned,chargres a lot.As you said they do big projects so they dont risk any tuning error.thats why they have hired a tuner form abroad.
    i did considered unichip and contacted them,but i am in Lahore and they are located in Islamabad.As i imported and will get installed turbo by maxpower guys so it didt suit me to go to islamabad for tune.and in future if a problem arise i may have to go to islamabad again.
    Honda Fit RS stock injectors are 277cc. i know they are enough for 7-8 psi,but i dont want to max out my injector duty cycle.
    After initial install is successful than i intend to increase boost upto 12 psi after building the engine internals.(Rods,pistons,head bolts,HKS metal head gasket for lowering compression ratio ),so i didi mport RDX 410 cc injectors for long term upgrade along with 255 LPH fuel pump.
    i think i will have to upgrade toATS Carbon LSD for CVTfor my transmission too, otherwise too much slip.
    Anyway thanks for your advice. i did search a lot for last 2 months before leaping into this project.but still i need every advice i can get.
    Never Give Up Hope

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

User Tag List