Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club

Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club
    Honda fit is probably the cheapest hybrid car you can buy, Although it's a mild hybrid, it gives decent mileage and offer good value for money in this segment of the market. It is available as a Hatch-back or station wagon body style. The later is called Honda Fit Shuttle Hybrid and it was only released in Japanese Domestic Market.

Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1492624

Please use this thread as a platform to share your pictures, mileage, questions, comments or other suggestions regarding Honda Fit Hybrid or other cars with Honda IMA (Integrated Motor Assist).

Some Details from Wikipedia: Sales of the Fit Hybrid began in Japan in October 2010. The hybrid version starts at ?1.59 million (around US$20,000), the lowest price for a gasoline-hybrid electric vehicle sold in Japan. The Fit Hybrid features a 1.3-litre engine and electric motor, with an estimated fuel economy of 3.3 litres per 100 kilometres (86 mpg-imp; 71 mpg-US) measured in accordance with Japanese 10?15 cycle. The car uses a parallel hybrid system that works in tandem with the gasoline engine. The parallel hybrid system is simple and lightweight while enhances driving performance and fuel economy.

User Manual in English:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88887738/FIT%20HYBRID.pdf

“Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lalib10 View Post
    I spotted the new Honda Fit in Royal Palm Lahore, any idea what is the duty for the 2013 Fit. The look was extremely sexy and the vehicle itself was as silent as a Tesla. Thinking of purchasing it but afraid the duty might be alot.
    Good news for you,duty is same for new gen fit hybrid as current one as both fall under 1500 cc categeory.and new Fit shares engine with Honda vezel.so engine parts wont be a problem as already Vezel is being imported increasingly now.
    Some interesting facts about Honda hybrids being imported are below.i divide them into three pairs

1: Honda insight and honda fit gp1(1340cc) both share same engine

2: Honda Fit RS(1500cc Gp4) and CRZ both share same engine

3: Honda Vezel and 2013+ new model of Honda fit hybrid shame same earth dreams engine.

All the above are under 1500 cc,so they all have same duty.and finding parts for these should not be a problem because they are not alone.they share market of their pair car
    So go ahead import your dream car.but as new gen honda fit launched late in 2013,so they are newer and low mileaged just like vezels,so they are expensive in Japan.otherwise duty is same
    {{((( Impossible it self says 'I' 'm' 'possible' ))}}}
    Never Give Up Hope

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by deltoid61 View Post
    Good news for you,duty is same for new gen fit hybrid as current one as both fall under 1500 cc categeory.and new Fit shares engine with Honda vezel.so engine parts wont be a problem as already Vezel is being imported increasingly now.
    Some interesting facts about Honda hybrids being imported are below.i divide them into three pairs

1: Honda insight and honda fit gp1(1340cc) both share same engine

2: Honda Fit RS(1500cc Gp4) and CRZ both share same engine

3: Honda Vezel and 2013+ new model of Honda fit hybrid shame same earth dreams engine.

All the above are under 1500 cc,so they all have same duty.and finding parts for these should not be a problem because they are not alone.they share market of their pair car
    So go ahead import your dream car.but as new gen honda fit launched late in 2013,so they are newer and low mileaged just like vezels,so they are expensive in Japan.otherwise duty is same
    Hmm maybe same coz both r dohc but 1 is rated 110 n other is 130

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Maxpower ppl do have tuner,but that is online tuner,which i already mentioned,chargres a lot.As you said they do big projects so they dont risk any tuning error.thats why they have hired a tuner form abroad.
    i did considered unichip and contacted them,but i am in Lahore and they are located in Islamabad.As i imported and will get installed turbo by maxpower guys so it didt suit me to go to islamabad for tune.and in future if a problem arise i may have to go to islamabad again.
    Honda Fit RS stock injectors are 277cc. i know they are enough for 7-8 psi,but i dont want to max out my injector duty cycle.
    After initial install is successful than i intend to increase boost upto 12 psi after building the engine internals.(Rods,pistons,head bolts,HKS metal head gasket for lowering compression ratio ),so i didi mport RDX 410 cc injectors for long term upgrade along with 255 LPH fuel pump.
    i think i will have to upgrade toATS Carbon LSD for CVTfor my transmission too, otherwise too much slip.
    Anyway thanks for your advice. i did search a lot for last 2 months before leaping into this project.but still i need every advice i can get.
    Also look for Work Engineering After mt brake rotors and stability stuff like sway struts etc as they r not much expensive but worth installing.
    Baki If you have equipment like EGA or at least Wideband ur not at all atrisk while tunning a car.
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasay_ahmed View Post
    Also look for Work Engineering After mt brake rotors and stability stuff like sway struts etc as they r not much expensive but worth installing.
    Baki If you have equipment like EGA or at least Wideband ur not at all atrisk while tunning a car.
    I still stand correct about same engine of Vezel and new Fit hybrid. Both have earth dream L15b engine which are all DOHC 130 Hp,combined with honda H1 electric motor of 30Hp.So total 160 Hp. Honda call it SPORT HYBRID i-DCD engine.
    look both engines are L15b.Minimum out put of that engine is 130 Hp alone.If you think they decreased power in Honda Fit engine but compression ratio is still same 11.5:1 in New Fit hybrid and Vezel.so its not even possible that new Fit hybrid is rated 110 hp.Some sites may quote specs wrong.
    and thanks again for sway bar and brakes.i already have throught about brakes but my Fit has all wheel disk brakes as compared to normal hybrid which has drum rear brakes.but if need be, i will consider it.about sway bars,they help stability in cornering but increase stiffness in suspesion.i dont intend on speed cornering but still may be helpful. in my opinion suspension of honda Fits is already very stiff. It has a rough ride on a bumpy road but benifit is that it doest touched speed breakers like Prius does. thats why you may never hear a Fit guy asking questions about how to raise height of car
    i do have AEM wide band AFR guage to install along with other 4 guages. by EGA did you mean EGR guage?
    Never Give Up Hope

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

EGA stands for Exhaust Gas Analyzer. It tells exhaust temp etc apart frm AFR.
    My fit dosent touch speed brakers unlike my 1.5l vitz despite of oversized tyres.
    Fit GP5 is hell of a fast car in comparison with gp4.Gives no match to GP4 so it isnt 110hp as it eats cl9 etc aswell.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

EGA stands for Exhaust Gas Analyzer. It tells exhaust temp etc apart frm AFR.
    My fit dosent touch speed brakers unlike my 1.5l vitz despite of oversized tyres.
    Fit GP5 is hell of a fast car in comparison with gp4.Gives no match to GP4 so it isnt 110hp as it eats cl9 etc aswell.
    hmm than why were you confused about it having 110 Hp? and i bet you are correct about Gp5 eating cl9 because on motorway i had a race with a cl9 in my Gp4(128Hp). it barely and slowly crossed me at may be 160+. so i think GP5 with 160 hp and so much less waight will eat cl9 alive
    Cl9 1420 Kg
    Gp5 1080 Kg
    a 340 kg difference!
    i bet how Prius guys will feel Fits smooking them! No offence but i have driven prius 1.8 and its soul less.Torque is not felt even in power mode.i was at maxpower office and there came a topic of a guy selling his prius just because he did't feel any torque.
    Never Give Up Hope

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda fit hybrid is not 160hp even Honda Vezel hybrid isn't .....total combing power doesn't mean altogether power....Honda Vezel hybrid is 152ps which is 150bhp....for Honda Vezel hybrid engine detail @drzac can explain better.....both got same new L15b dohc engine

for Honda fit hybrid detail is on this link

http://www.honda.co.jp/Fit/webcatalo..._spec_list.pdf
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda Vezel hybrid n Honda fit hybrid got same engine but both got different power Vezel combined power is 150hp n Honda fit hybrid cobined power is 132hp

here is the link of Honda Vezel hybrd engine both engine same but different compression

http://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/webcata..._spec_list.pdf

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does anyone know where I can get the puncture kit (the can) that comes with Honda Fit and some of the other Japanese Honda cars. I didn't get one with my car when I bought it and since Honda Fit does not come with a stephney, I once had to hire a rickshaw to take the tire to a puncture shop which was a bit of an annoyance.
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    Honda Vezel hybrid n Honda fit hybrid got same engine but both got different power Vezel combined power is 150hp n Honda fit hybrid cobined power is 132hp

here is the link of Honda Vezel hybrd engine both engine same but different compression

http://www.honda.co.jp/VEZEL/webcata..._spec_list.pdf
    thanks for correcting me,but still i wonder the specs you mentions fit has CR 13.5 while vezel 11.5.so theoratically more power should be there for higher compression vehicle.may be Honda did some trick to get more MPG with Fit as it is rated at 35km/L while Vezel i think is 27Km/L.
    Never Give Up Hope

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gorkan View Post
    does anyone know where I can get the puncture kit (the can) that comes with Honda Fit and some of the other Japanese Honda cars. I didn't get one with my car when I bought it and since Honda Fit does not come with a stephney, I once had to hire a rickshaw to take the tire to a puncture shop which was a bit of an annoyance.
    i got the kit but my advice is buy a small stupny and put it in trunk or some where,becaseu not all puntures are suck type to be repaired with the kits.here on our roads all type to nails and splinters exist who can some time make such a large cut into tyre that punture repair kit wont work.
    I did this to my fit.i have bought 13" stupny and placed it at rear passenger foot section.i placed it inverted so that passenger feet can easily fit in or around it.Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1609064
    Or you can place it in trunk,but it will move there freely.
    my advice again plz buy a stupny,road conditions in pakistan are unpridictable.
    Never Give Up Hope

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As Salam o Alaikum

Alhumdulilah imported a Honda Fit GP4 RS 2012 with Paddle shifter auto gear some two months back.

A very responsive car but not very efficient so far.

Made small exterior mods and some other tiny ricing.

But as its unique car finding parts and its price is a bad nightmare. Top of it Eclipse DVD player is locked as old owner in Japan did not gave the MiniB-Cas card so tht also need to replaced .

However its Love Ma Sha Allah

Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1608208Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1608209Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1608210Honda Fit Hybrid Owners and Fans Club -1608211
    Brothers does fit hybrid 2012 come with a stop/start technology??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for correcting me,but still i wonder the specs you mentions fit has CR 13.5 while vezel 11.5.so theoratically more power should be there for higher compression vehicle.may be Honda did some trick to get more MPG with Fit as it is rated at 35km/L while Vezel i think is 27Km/L.
    Yes even tht wat confused me then i realised tht even in toyota prius 1.8 2zrfxe almost same as altis grande n premio1.8 2zrfe engine compression r different, prius engine got high compression but their combined horsepower is lower than altis power.
    As for new honda hybrid its leading in best hybrid compact in Japan on best fuel consumption

Sent from my HTC One_M8 dual sim using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rashikhan ,yes it does have eco idle on off feature.i have same GP4 and it does have this feature.did't you experience it while stopping on signals etc?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any idea how to turnoff eco idle :p of GP4

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any idea how to turnoff eco idle :p of GP4
    Yeh welcome to ironic side of eco idle stop.LOL man i am dying to do that but so far not possible.there are many topics at various international sites,but non was successful.even hondata dont support this feature.i know what are you trying by turning it off ,its arritating when we try to launch hard and 1st engine starts than transmission engages than car runs.thats a bit of a delay.
    i have found an easy solution.that is by hand brake.when car is in edo idle mode,lift you foot from brake paddle so that engine starts,but keep hand brake engaged,so engine will start but car wont move,dont press accelerator at same time coz car will try to move despite your handbrake.so soon as you are ready to launch,release the handbrake and press accelerator hard at same time. Off you go like a bullet
    Honda should have disabled eco idle feature atleast in sport mode.You listening Honda !!!
    As sensor for eco stop is with brake paddle,so a guy at crzforum taped that and put an on/off manual switch on that,it worked but we dont know what else safety features are working with that sensor like ABS,VSA.so taping that would also disabling those.we dont want that dont we>?
    Never Give Up Hope

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Edited

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@deltoid Bhai, as you remember from our discussion a few days back, I am about to visit a Honda Fit 2012 hybrid for test drive. I am out of country presently, will return in 1st week of next month and purchase the car. I am learning from you guys about this car. Will share complete detail after purchase of car IA. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeh welcome to ironic side of eco idle stop.LOL man i am dying to do that but so far not possible.there are many topics at various international sites,but non was successful.even hondata dont support this feature.i know what are you trying by turning it off ,its arritating when we try to launch hard and 1st engine starts than transmission engages than car runs.thats a bit of a delay.
    i have found an easy solution.that is by hand brake.when car is in edo idle mode,lift you foot from brake paddle so that engine starts,but keep hand brake engaged,so engine will start but car wont move,dont press accelerator at same time coz car will try to move despite your handbrake.so soon as you are ready to launch,release the handbrake and press accelerator hard at same time. Off you go like a bullet
    Honda should have disabled eco idle feature atleast in sport mode.You listening Honda !!!
    As sensor for eco stop is with brake paddle,so a guy at crzforum taped that and put an on/off manual switch on that,it worked but we dont know what else safety features are working with that sensor like ABS,VSA.so taping that would also disabling those.we dont want that dont we>?
    Did same thing but reving engine and suddenly pushing handbrake down can makr biryani in gear box :p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did same thing but reving engine and suddenly pushing handbrake down can makr biryani in gear box :p
    Just time it like a pro with micro second difference release handbrake 1st and floor the paddle 2nd. You know we have auto so reving engine cant help us,that works on manual gear box i.e.rev engine and than release the clutch.but that cannot be done on auto or cvt as we dont have clutch.
    @rashidkhanmuhammad i hope inshaAllah you find a nice GP4. its amazing car. i had option to buy GP5 or GP4,both were of same price but i prefered GP4 because it shares features with CRZ and GE8 honda fit.so aftermarket parts support is huge.i mean you can find every thing of this car.Turbos,superchargers,brakes rotors,calippers,suspension parts,body kits,engine internals,injectors and the list goes on and on.
    Never Give Up Hope

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

User Tag List