Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Fit Hybrid Suspension Issue

Friends,

I bought a 2011 Fit Hybrid 42k done for 1375k. Thoroughly impressed by the features and performance and have been getting 18-19kmpl in city and 21 on motorway. It's the navi premium edition with multimedia steering and eco display in on the LCD.

There's one problem though. When driving slow over smaller bumps, there is a dugdug noise from somewhere near the front left wheel and its annoying the hell out of me. The mechanic says that the bushes are fine, the link rod is fine, the ball joints are not loose. According to the mechanic, the suspension and steering is the same as the new city. Could somebody please help me with the diagnostic?

One more bit and this is a really creepy one: the noise is more frequent when the engine is cool and gradually decreases. It's rare on high speeds and doesn't happen on bigger bumps.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Noises from the front suspension are most difficult to trace and they can drive you crazy. There are so many parts which can cause such a noise. It can be the foundation of the shock absorber..it can be the shock absorber itself. It can be the steering link rod...its bushing...control arm bushing...the ball joint on the control arm... the ball bearing assembly...ball joint of the stabilizer bar... the stabilizer bar bushings.. the u joint of your steering wheel ... the axle.. or who knows... loose wheel nuts.

It could also be something loose in the engine compartment which touches the body while going over bumps.
    If there is no visible or apparent problem.. you will have to test and rule out each of the things I've mentioned to be able to trace the real cause.
    It's a headache I know and I understand your misery

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List