16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Vezel vs Honda HRV

Honda Atlas just launched the HRV cross over with a price tag of 3.6 m PKR.
    Let us compare both these Hondas to help people decide bw them.
    As far as i know the Vezel is the better choice here having the Hybrid badge & 8 Airbags for safety alongwith the DOHC Honda Earthdreams engine and that too with a lesser price tag.
    Why would someone stil opt for the HRV? just because it has a two year warranty ?
    I reckon Honda atlas is yet again making the same mistake as it did with the CRZ.
    Who knows they might slash the price ( in a while) after a poor response from the local customer.
    Suggestions & comparisons from our Pakwheels community are needed to help everyone who decides to spend his money on either of these two vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

tfa
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The HRV will be brand new so why pay same for an older car when you can get a new at the same price, Just cuz of Hybrid. Unless Vezel prices are reduced in comparison. I think HRV should be a better choice.
    I still need to see some reviews from people who have used both. I am planning to buy HRV merely for the below reasons:
    1. Brand new almost same outlook as Vezel
    2. Local services and parts availability
    3. Good price
    However I do not know yet the performance difference, It would have been great if it was 1.8.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The VEZEL's come here brand new with just a few 10-16km's on ODO. VEZEL is a hybrid vehicle. Parts of HRV / VEZEL are almost same. And there's a price difference of 3lakh between VEZEL and HRV

The only plus point HRV has is warranty

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ha125 View Post
    The VEZEL's come here brand new with just a few 10-16km's on ODO. VEZEL is a hybrid vehicle. Parts of HRV / VEZEL are almost same. And there's a price difference of 3lakh between VEZEL and HRV

The only plus point HRV has is warranty
    I rekon the 3-4 lacs saved are sufficent enough to cover as warrenty for any minor mishaps which might happen in daily driving
    The person who said, " money can't buy happiness". Clearly didn't know where to shop.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

s grade vezel i think cost rnd 35 !
    ill go for hrv for peace of mind of parts availablity and easy maintainance !

i think its sorta early for us to buy hybrids , let the mechanics clean their hands on hybrids and master them

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vezel is the best and with maximum options...

HRV lacks many options....
    Keep Faith in Allah...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Expert1 View Post
    I rekon the 3-4 lacs saved are sufficent enough to cover as warrenty for any minor mishaps which might happen in daily driving
    Already having a top of the line VEZEL in family alhamdulillah. It's just awesome... Went from lhr to isl in just 1500/- worth of fuel... And so far, no issues what so ever...

And do you think if by any chance (God forbid) a manufacturing fault arises, will It be a worth of 3/4lakhs of damage?

The ans is NO

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buying an HRV is like shooting yourself in the foot.

If you care even a little how a car drives, the difference between the two is like night and day.

Vezel is much more powerful and responsive, has very good fuel economy, much better looking alloys and has a lot more to offer if you buy the Z package that can be had 0 meter for 3.5 mil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    s grade vezel i think cost rnd 35 !
    ill go for hrv for peace of mind of parts availablity and easy maintainance !

i think its sorta early for us to buy hybrids , let the mechanics clean their hands on hybrids and master them
    Excuse me, are you from the past!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tfa View Post
    The HRV will be brand new so why pay same for an older car when you can get a new at the same price, Just cuz of Hybrid. Unless Vezel prices are reduced in comparison. I think HRV should be a better choice.
    I still need to see some reviews from people who have used both. I am planning to buy HRV merely for the below reasons:
    1. Brand new almost same outlook as Vezel
    2. Local services and parts availability
    3. Good price
    However I do not know yet the performance difference, It would have been great if it was 1.8.
    Vezels are also new with only showroom car mileage, a few KMs.

No comparison of hybrid Vezel and non hybrid HRV.
    In every terms Vezel is better and cheaper, quality wise better too.

Cars like CRZ, HRV, Kazashi, Avanza, Fortuner etc are not introduced to aim at sales.. they are introduced as per contractual terms of Atlas/Indus/PakSuzuki with their Japanese counter parts, to fulfill the term of "introducing newer and latest models in the country" written in the contract.

These cars are purposefully priced and speced in a way that they fail.. so that PS/Indus Motors/Atlas can got to Japan and cry plz let us sale the old school cars at low specs because look at the higher end models! they have got no sales!! People dont like them! People dont want them! And they try to enforce that Mehran, Cultus, Bolan, All older shape cars should be continued to be made at low specs and features as those are the only hot selling cars in Pakistan!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adding to the discussion. I was reading somewhere, vezel is roundabout 110hp whereas vezel pushes 152 horses. Though im not sure if this piece of info is correct or not. But if it is, vezel anytime of any day!
    Honda Civic Fb
    Honda city 1.3 PT (5th Gen)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by centos View Post
    Excuse me, are you from the past!
    sir no offence, may be i am wrong but here in our part of the country maintaining a hybrid is an issue ! the mechanics arent good at it yet !
    lahore , karachi etc may be ready for hybrids but nt here !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Muzammil73 View Post
    Adding to the discussion. I was reading somewhere, vezel is roundabout 110hp whereas vezel pushes 152 horses. Though im not sure if this piece of info is correct or not. But if it is, vezel anytime of any day!
    ........?
    Transparency & Trust @ WWW.MYCAR.PK , salaam.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ha125 View Post
    Already having a top of the line VEZEL in family alhamdulillah. It's just awesome... Went from lhr to isl in just 1500/- worth of fuel... And so far, no issues what so ever...

And do you think if by any chance (God forbid) a manufacturing fault arises, will It be a worth of 3/4lakhs of damage?

The ans is NO
    Kindly read my reply again , I said "minor mishaps "not a manufacturing fault,
    and most vezels are a few km's driven (showroom milage) if some major fault does occur its more of the drivers fault not the machine.
    The person who said, " money can't buy happiness". Clearly didn't know where to shop.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Expert1 View Post
    Kindly read my reply again , I said "minor mishaps "not a manufacturing fault,
    and most vezels are a few km's driven (showroom milage) if some major fault does occur its more of the drivers fault not the machine.
    I don't think "minor mishaps" will cost 3/4lakh

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    sir no offence, may be i am wrong but here in our part of the country maintaining a hybrid is an issue ! the mechanics arent good at it yet !
    lahore , karachi etc may be ready for hybrids but nt here !
    There is no issue. Hybrids don't need any special treatment. There is nothing to fix because nothing goes wrong.

If your mechanic can fix HRV he can fix Vezel too. I don't understand why are we even talking about mechanics. These are not suzuki mehran or cultus that need to visit mechanics often. Just keep changing oil and filters etc and these cars don't break for hundreds of thousands of KMs.

I see people take their jdms for tuning every few months like it's a CD 70. Modern cars don't need any tuning. The tune up intervals are usually mentioned in manual and even at those intervals they only change couple of thing like brake pads, transmission oil and other oils etc and that's it.

I have seen too many times people take their new everything working fine JDMs to random mechanics and then end up complaining and blaming the car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is no issue. Hybrids don't need any special treatment. There is nothing to fix because nothing goes wrong.

If your mechanic can fix HRV he can fix Vezel too. I don't understand why are we even talking about mechanics. These are not suzuki mehran or cultus that need to visit mechanics often. Just keep changing oil and filters etc and these cars don't break for hundreds of thousands of KMs.

I see people take their jdms for tuning every few months like it's a CD 70. Modern cars don't need any tuning. The tune up intervals are usually mentioned in manual and even at those intervals they only change couple of thing like brake pads, transmission oil and other oils etc and that's it.

I have seen too many times people take their new everything working fine JDMs to random mechanics and then end up complaining and blaming the car.
    i am also a jdm guy !
    my coellegue bought a prius s led version , ill say he was one of the unlucky ones as he went to mardan and there his car suffered from the common prius issue of going dead ! u can check that , the famous toyota recall of hybrids ! and no 1 here could understand what to do with it , had to tow the car back to peshawar ! and spent 80k on fixing it as there was no software update available here ! as its a grey import where as toyota had a global recall for it everywhere else !

i was refering to such mishaps
    a famous vezel recall due to faulty self acceleration is also evident u can search on it !
    for these reasons i said its early for our part of pakistan !
    not due to regular maintainance !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Muzammil73 View Post
    Vezel is 1500cc + Electric Motor to assist engine and add power boost, together the setup is capable of 152 Bhp which is peppy enough for the mid sized SUV/Crossover.

However not sure what sort of 1.8 HRV has? Might be the same one in Civic or a slightly tuned version of it. 1.8 Ltr petrol of Civic VTI delivers 140Bhp.

Again no comparison of features offered in Vezel vs HRV.. JDMs are popular and followed like a cult all over the world because Japan sells their best Top speced/ Top tuned/ Top loaded version of cars in their own market. Whenever they make a vehicle for another market/country/region, they usually decrease its features as compared to the domestic Japanese Mkt (features are less, not all engine varients are offered, in some cases engines are detuned or the top spec engine is not offered.)

When you can get the top most loaded, brand new, S Grade ( S grade is of zero meter cars in auction), Z package Vezel in 34-34.5Lacs... then why opt for HRV that has no hope or future?

The response of Vezel in the JDM car mkt has been great and none of the showrooms had any vezel stand there for long! All Vezels imported are sold in a matter of days! It is indeed the most easiest high priced selling vehicle in JDM car mkt.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Vezel is 1500cc + Electric Motor to assist engine and add power boost, together the setup is capable of 152 Bhp which is peppy enough for the mid sized SUV/Crossover.

However not sure what sort of 1.8 HRV has? Might be the same one in Civic or a slightly tuned version of it. 1.8 Ltr petrol of Civic VTI delivers 140Bhp.

Again no comparison of features offered in Vezel vs HRV.. JDMs are popular and followed like a cult all over the world because Japan sells their best Top speced/ Top tuned/ Top loaded version of cars in their own market. Whenever they make a vehicle for another market/country/region, they usually decrease its features as compared to the domestic Japanese Mkt (features are less, not all engine varients are offered, in some cases engines are detuned or the top spec engine is not offered.)

When you can get the top most loaded, brand new, S Grade ( S grade is of zero meter cars in auction), Z package Vezel in 34-34.5Lacs... then why opt for HRV that has no hope or future?

The response of Vezel in the JDM car mkt has been great and none of the showrooms had any vezel stand there for long! All Vezels imported are sold in a matter of days! It is indeed the most easiest high priced selling vehicle in JDM car mkt.
    True that. I think the Hrv comes equipped with the Honda City based 1.5 L engine which churns out power equivalent to 118 horses. I dnt thnk it can even be compared with the Vezel.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes modern car doesn't need maintenance that often but it needs maintenance if you think its easy to maintain a JDM in pak you havent work on split case Honda transmission you will know what maintenance mean when you will go for oil change on split case design complete transmission needs to be taken off from engine teared down drain oil and how many mechanic you know have high end scanner to calibrate your cvt every time you battery drain/replaced etc in city like Karachi only two mechanics have autel scanner and both have outdated software and they can't calibrate cvt of 3rd Vitz even

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List