1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Airwave 2006 Problems

1. I bought an Airwave recently and it has a strange problem. 6 out of 10 times when I turn the ignition, it does not start, no clicking sound, nothing. If I hold the gear button and give it a little push into P again, it starts then. Sometimes I have to do the little gear movement twice or thrice until it works. What can be causing this problem and what is the solution?

2. Whenever I start the car in the morning and whenever I rev the car (in N or P), I hear this water-like sound (sloshing, gurgling and sometimes bubbling). This sound isn't from the fuel tank as I got the fuel filled to the brim and the sound kept coming. I consulted with Kamran (Experience Autos, Khi) thinking that it might be air in the cooling system. He said that if it was air the gasket would have blown by now. It's been a few days since I bought the car and this sound has been there since before I bought it as well.

Guys please help me out here I really need to get these issues sorted out asap. I would really appreciate help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar @capsat

Kindly help me out brothers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Service transmission range switch and Neutral safety switch and you are good to go, it can be found under the gear lever housing(neutral safety switch) and on the transmission itself(Range switch). When you have removed the housing around the gear lever, clean all terminals.

The water sloshing sound is common and nothing to worry about, it goes away after the thermostat is opened.Its the coolant going around in the heater core. its common in Honda cities, airwave etc.
    AE 86

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kkoool View Post
    Service transmission range switch and Neutral safety switch and you are good to go, it can be found under the gear lever housing(neutral safety switch) and on the transmission itself(Range switch). When you have removed the housing around the gear lever, clean all terminals.

The water sloshing sound is common and nothing to worry about, it goes away after the thermostat is opened.Its the coolant going around in the heater core. its common in Honda cities, airwave etc.
    So no risk of the gasket being blown due to the water around the heater core?

I don't want to get the gear housing and terminals cleaned from a roadside mechanic so can you please guide me to someone qualified enough for the job? Would really appreciate it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

though am blind & deaf for PKDM HONDA, few JDMHonda Airwave have landed in family. This transmission limiter & protection switch corrosion seems a common trait. The other respectable member identified clearly & guided you in right direction.

dial 0300 923 2821 Jamil autos at Shahrae Quaideen Karachi. they can do the job professionally. 10 am to 7.30 pm diagnostics charges apply. while at that place you can ask for coolant top up [ no tap water ]

Quote Originally Posted by mzakj View Post
    So no risk of the gasket being blown due to the water around the heater core?

I don't want to get the gear housing and terminals cleaned from a roadside mechanic so can you please guide me to someone qualified enough for the job? Would really appreciate it.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

much appreciated brother @capsat

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    though am blind & deaf for PKDM HONDA, few JDMHonda Airwave have landed in family. This transmission limiter & protection switch corrosion seems a common trait. The other respectable member identified clearly & guided you in right direction.

dial 0300 923 2821 Jamil autos at Shahrae Quaideen Karachi. they can do the job professionally. 10 am to 7.30 pm diagnostics charges apply. while at that place you can ask for coolant top up [ no tap water ]
    I called Jamil Autos just now. The person there seemed somewhat blank when I asked him about the NSS. He seemed to know when I talked about a switch telling the computer what gear is it in. I hope they don't end up doing something wrong. Trusting your experience @capsat bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the moment people like us identify the actual problem and make them understand, the mechanic class go on back foot and trick you around. Though i know them for 30 years the mind set is still the ' Ustaad type ' a whiplash is needed frequently.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List