Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: problem with CVT Transmission in Varia, 1500cc honda city Japanese model 2004

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default problem with CVT Transmission in Varia, 1500cc honda city Japanese model 2004

I need somebody expert who can tell the problem in pointing the core problem, my car loose power on uphill movement, get lot of detonation. live in hilly area. i changed transmission first few months the shifting was amazing but after two months or so the car would move heavy and started knocking under weight. i would need some expert opinion whether to open up the gear box and change parts or what else to cure the problem. no blow to engine is seen, oil level is steady during each oil change. i am having the problem for 06 months, i regularly change oil and keep the level to normal. hope there will be some solution to fix the detonation in engine. please pour in best opinion.. thank you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

will appreciate an expert opinion to fix detonation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

which gear oil are you using?
    whats the condition of the radiator?
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think its a problem with the CVT.... and since you changed transmission, IMO thats the culprit
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Need to say cvt oil is used at any change no heating issue I guess since these models have no visible temperature gauge unlike others. Also on AC the car shifts gear & jerks one can feel engine might die in the middle of jam pack traffic. I'"ll try to take it to some EFI guru in Pindi need suggestion of real mechanic who will diagnose I would really like to fix this fast. Thank tou

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think its a problem with the CVT.... and since you changed transmission, IMO thats the culprit. my dear how to go about this IMO what is the remedy. get some suggestion. will wait for more suggestion before revisiting the garage..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

pakwheelers come up with brain storm. i need somebody either suggest or show me the mechanic/garage to probe the problem. this knocking goes on and on...please help and pour in you will be my best savier..thank you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khanski View Post
    pakwheelers come up with brain storm. i need somebody either suggest or show me the mechanic/garage to probe the problem. this knocking goes on and on...please help and pour in you will be my best savier..thank you
    mention your car make &Model, CVT is not repairable in Pindi /Islamabad etc, replacing gerabox is good option,before going 4 it you get a throttle body check and tunning, the RPM controll gets Jammed, try high octain a quater of tank followed with norma, consume full tank,
    if you have changed gear oil with ATF then stick with it, the best ATF is ZIC,
    However a good mechanic i have known but not experienced my self is Samadar Khan near Railway Road saddar , you can have his expert opinion.
    Now to share my experience
    i bought city 2004 in 2010, after 6 months many mechanics told that the gera box is faulty, local mechanics,honda 3 s shops etc,
    ggood luck i got to one who rejected this diagnosis and carried a simple tunning, since then i am driving it ok

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Rafiq Shafiq,

Thank you for suggesting and sharing samandar khan mechanic. my car is Varia 2003 model 1490cc IDSI imported in 2009. i am the thirld owner as per book don't know the other guys who probably skipped on transfering. about throttle body it was serviced month ago. the symtoms of pinging after cold start first 30 minutes car is a breeze and then starts the pinging. an year ago i changed transmission from zakir selling honda at the corner of glasss factory road, cha sultan. i told him my gears are normal in shifting and during uphill if stuck in trafic. when i press accelerator the clucth starts smelling leather. he said change it you have worn out the gear and you can't fix other than changing. whatever i going to seek technical assistance. I'll check this guy as well as visit CAR FEst guys in I&T center G-10/4 islamabad. but i don't know what will be the outcome. i did tuned up. paid Rs 2000 for cleaning, throttle, spark plugs and fuel pump underneath the console compartment. These mechanics just try to work on main things. I did changed two coils they told me these are damaged and leaking current. i wish i could fix this soon.
    thanks a lot.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CVT gearbox problems need more info about the reliable mechanics-rawalpindi/islamabad

there isn't any probable solutions met, please discard my concerns at the moment..thank you all

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List