Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Modifying BOLAN(not happened in pw before)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Modifying BOLAN(not happened in pw before)

Salam all,
    from long time i am seeing people modify autmobiles but i never saw anyone modifying/upgrade suzuki bolan(dabba)

hav anyone done that before, it is ordinary man's car & for middle class families

i am planning to get bolan at end of year (bcoz not enough money now), but before it i need some comments/ideas like:

1, which engine can be replaced for optimum performance & from where can i get god one, from shershah or quetta/lahore ?

2.can i install 4 wheel disk brakes in it?

3.if i buy old 89-90 model w/o a/c, then is it possible to make ac/heater duct like the one coming from factory ( it also has ventilator & duct on back seats?

4. what sort of speedometer can i install

5. i am planning to install power windows on front windows(i wish could done on back glasses too.)

6.can it be possible to change back glasses & do some modified one?

7, seats,audio system, not problem, it can be like other car but i am afraid of its brake & dangerous to drive with child on front

plz tell me options available & serious ideas with cost(biggest factor) & place too

Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hanzala View Post
    whats happenin here... bolaann???
    lolz
    mAin tE h0nDa hE lAisAn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are buying a new Bolan then I would suggest not to mess around with the brakes or engine (at least until it in warranty period). Just get some nice alloys and tyres. Paint the lower portion of the van black (the lower parts of the door panels in line with the front and rear bumpers). Get some light tints for the windows, stereo system, central locking, good carpeting and seat covers. That should be a start!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    put an F10 in it like the super carry had. But you would have to come up with the super carry carburettor too. The brakes can be upgraded - you can install a remote booster - that takes brake line pressure and multiplies it - rather than the big matka of a brake booster you usually find in cars.

The A/C is very simple to install - go to the Bus A/C market and buy some good horizontal overhead vents - you can also buy the spot lights like you see in aeroplanes too. Any good A/C tech will make the the entire unit fit - but it would require the gas cut off valve system like the one found in a Toyota Hiace Van.

btw there are a few Bolans in Karachi that are equipped with a G13 Margalla engine with hand built intake manifold and a larger side draft carburettor like the original, It also has a nice A/C unit and is quite peppy too with full passenger load of 6 people with A/C running on CNG
    this post my friend, is worth its weight in gold!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

xulfi

i checked on tariq road 4 ac, they can install ac but only venti. r present on front, not on rear, they said no they cannot make for rear (like the one coming in new bolan by pak suzuki) so duct is issue

2. F10 kitney ka parey ga & kahan se miley gaa?
    i wanna install cultus efi? is it not possible
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by brownrose78 View Post
    xulfi

i checked on tariq road 4 ac, they can install ac but only venti. r present on front, not on rear, they said no they cannot make for rear (like the one coming in new bolan by pak suzuki) so duct is issue

2. F10 kitney ka parey ga & kahan se miley gaa?
    i wanna install cultus efi? is it not possible
    then those are useless shops - they dont know how to work - if you can locate a wide - evaporator with squirrel cage blower assy (old toyota crown rear A/C) - you can easily have a box crafted for the roof middle mount. Or you can have a largish evaporator and flexiducting to little vents (the bus vents I mentioned).

The compressor would have to be a Sanden 8 series or 7 series, but with cut off valve for the suction and supply lines at the evaporator. depending on the system you get your hands on - you may get an orifice tube or a TX valve system (that will define whether you use a drier in the discharge line or an accumulator in the suction line.

The condenser (which should be multiflow) placement should ideally be at the front of the van with its own heavy duty dedicated fans. To help regulate engine temps also. That is why I have mentioned to get a more robust and torquey engine.

As I mentioned you would need to locate a shop that knows how to install complete systems - not a shop that knows how to replace A/C parts - sadly nearly all shops on Tariq Road are parts fitters. btw, there is an old A/C parts shop in the tariq road market - which has a very very good selection of used A/C parts - I bought my VW Golf mk2 roundtube condenser from that place. (That condenser being available in Pakistan is like finding molars in a chicken)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar

Offtopic reply but I really like ur signatures.
    Even I have requested mods a few times about changing my current location too but they are really really busy i guess.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xulfiqar bhai
    can u tell that a/c shop from where u did it
    & what is multi-flow condensor

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

where I did what?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List