Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: How to recognise Kabli Suspension / Exel of Suzuki FX.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How to recognise Kabli Suspension / Exel of Suzuki FX.

Assalam-O-Alaikum,

how's everyone at PakWheels?

Brothers I need guidance as how to obviously recognise a Kaabli Suspension of suzuki FX ? as if it is original or not. Also is Kaabli Excel better or New ones ?

thanks

X Auto - For Car Enthusiasts
    http://www.xautoworld.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kaabli ones are genuine and are taken out or they are from stolen cars. however my understanding about kaabli parts is that they are either orignal or next to orignal.

when buying a kaabli part make sure its in a good condition and it is not repaired. because if it is repaired then its better to get a new one...

get a new one if the price is not an issue. thats my opinion rest is your choice
    BB Pin - 22B43A31

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

take any experience mechanic with you while buying kabli parts. he can easily differentiate b/w kabli and local/ repaired.

As far as i know, seals / clips on boots of ends / axles can be seen for genuineness.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

new is available on a very cheap rate then why u going for kaabli ..

chinese stuff are not bad at all for FX it last more than the kaabli available .. i have a good experience of it
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well am using chinese axcel since like 2 years now ... u just need to put a good greese with a good boots.. and avoid spraying diesel/oil on it when u do servicing it last long ..

mine last long for like 1.8 years and start giving noise as the boot was torn due to the driving it heavy rain/water
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok. good info... when axles start giving noise, what can happen? they'll jam anytime while driving? or what's the worst case scenario?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also have a FX for rough use & i always use new stuff never go for kabli because Kabli spares for FX is not different from buying a new one because the kabli parts for FX are from same Pakistani cars like stolen or junk yard cars but for other cars the kabli parts are of Japanese cars so that's why in other cars like corolla & Honda kabli is a better option then new but in FX always go for new & as you want to know about the suspension parts then get a complete set like new excel both left a right bearings joints bushes & steering repair everything well cost you around 4000 to 5000 with labor. i am sharing my experience i just did all of the work mentioned above on my FX a month ago unfortunately my FX is standing still at the moment because engine is done & i am looking for a new engine or i will overhaul the old one or may be i will swap it with 660cc Turbo engine but don't have enough time to go to Peshawar for that but hopefully after Eid i will visit Shuba.
    דאס איז ייִדיש רייטינג.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a wear out item like a drive axle should not be sourced from a wrecking yard, they would be quite used, Unless you are buying them for a car like a mercedes benz sedan, toyota crown, supra or BMW sedans etc. They are dont move that much and have a very long life.

for a cheap car like an IFX, get a set of new ones, use proper and original CV joint grease.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    a wear out item like a drive axle should not be sourced from a wrecking yard, they would be quite used, Unless you are buying them for a car like a mercedes benz sedan, toyota crown, supra or BMW sedans etc. They are dont move that much and have a very long life.

for a cheap car like an IFX, get a set of new ones, use proper and original CV joint grease.
    Thanks Sir Xulfiqar... ok, how do I recognise the original grease? Is there any brand that offers this type of grease ? where can I find original grease in Karachi ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you can find the grease right where you buy the new axles. It comes in an accordion like container.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar
    one of my colleague annually dismantle and reassemble suspension of his Mehran and replace grease. Is this procedure justified???

i haven't greased my vehicles axle boots for the last four years. is it fine?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no its not, unless your freind is a glutton for punishment, Once filled with proper CVJ grease, just keeping the boots clean of any oil/lubricant is required to keep them nice and supple and the grease inside the joints.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you can find the grease right where you buy the new axles. It comes in an accordion like container.
    Everyone's advice was helpful in this regard.... I bought new China Axles from Plaza, Karachi. The box contained Axles (Outer Only) the Boot, Clips (patri), CV Joint grease as Xulfiqar told me, it was packed in the box already and the new Nut for locking axle with wheel.

Price: 2 Axle outer and accessories defined above for Rs 1900/- Only from Zafar Autos in Plaza.

Paid suspension mechanic 400 rupees to install the axles. total 2300 Rs and I drove it like Butter on my way back , just got home and post this message. I'll be posting pictures as well, but couldn't take pics of new axles as I got them installed then and there.

Sir Xulfiqar, the grease quantity was around 90 ml as you suggested, it was already in the box and I did not opt for more grease I sealed the axle with that much grease now if something goes wrong Sir Xufliqar is responsible... hahaha

I also bought new CV Joint grease for innter joints, it was made in Japan embossed and cost me around 175 rupees per tube, i'll post it's pictures as well soon...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh I forgot, there is six months warranty as well if you get them without warranty, it cost you Rs. 1800 a pair.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iqflash View Post
    Everyone's advice was helpful in this regard.... I bought new China Axles from Plaza, Karachi. The box contained Axles (Outer Only) the Boot, Clips (patri), CV Joint grease as Xulfiqar told me, it was packed in the box already and the new Nut for locking axle with wheel.

Price: 2 Axle outer and accessories defined above for Rs 1900/- Only from Zafar Autos in Plaza.

Paid suspension mechanic 400 rupees to install the axles. total 2300 Rs and I drove it like Butter on my way back , just got home and post this message. I'll be posting pictures as well, but couldn't take pics of new axles as I got them installed then and there.

Sir Xulfiqar, the grease quantity was around 90 ml as you suggested, it was already in the box and I did not opt for more grease I sealed the axle with that much grease now if something goes wrong Sir Xufliqar is responsible... hahaha

I also bought new CV Joint grease for innter joints, it was made in Japan embossed and cost me around 175 rupees per tube, i'll post it's pictures as well soon...
    Dear Brother,

if you have the name card of the zafar Autos please do post it as well so it will be help ful for Pak wheelers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iqflash View Post

good - 90 grams is the exact quantity you want in the outer joint of your car - more would cause the boot to rupture under pressure when the joint heats up from the brakes. Every week or two inspect the joint rubber for any debris wrapped onto it if you live or drive in such places, otherwise never let the service station monkey spray oil on it, just wash and leave to dry.

The inner joints are a little different, if you have a joint with 3 roller bearings arranged in a spider fashion do not use CVJ grease in it, it needs NLGI 2 wheel bearing grease (90 grams also), if you have roller ball bearing joints like the outer axles with about 6 balls in a ring like fashion then you need CVJ grease in it. The functioning of the joints is very different and can be destroyed in short time if the incorrect grease is used.

the CVJ grease is only good for slow moving high load joints like the outer axle, the tripod joint has bearings that spin at high speed, hence the need for wheel NLGI 2 bearing grease.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Xulfiqar, I am an avid reader of your comments which always are precise and very informative. Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge. Your location reads " Houston " otherwise would love to meet u in person.
    Keep up the good work.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sure, someday...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hats off to u Xulfiqar Bhai.