Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki FX (F8B) engine overhaul & Mechanic Suggestion

Dear Friends,

Finally decision to go for engine overhauling of my Suzuki FX engine, the problem i am facing

1 - Oil on plugs (need to clean it after 200 to 400 km)
    2 - Decrease in Oil level
    3 - Low power

Previously car was running fine on CNG but due to CNG storages i have to start the car on petrol (Previously it was on Jugar directly and can in front) but i installed new tank, new lines, carburator service & few things very missing so installed it.

Now since last 2 and half months i am running the car on petrol 100% and i have kept spare spark plugs with me so once i feel problem i change it my self

The mechanic who restall petrol system suggested that engine need overhaul because the 2nd cylinder short the spark plug, so he installed adoptor but after that facing very low pick up so finally i uninstalled the adoptor and install spark plugs directly but i have to change it or clean it after 200 to 400 km. The mechanic give me estimation of minimum 25000 for overhaul with all A quality parts, so i ask about his labor he told me 8500 (which i believe i bit high for this small engine).

So personally checked the market for parts in Plaza and lots of big shops recommeded me HAJI AUTOS for engine parts, the owner provided me prices of all parts of Japanese origin and few like shaft which is chinese available. I personally feel the Haji Autos dealing is fair the way he treaded me and share all the information which i requested and also guide me that some parts normally dont need to change.

So i ask his recommedation for mechanic and he suggested me ANWAR AUTOS IN LINES AREA, so i need Pakwheels friends opinion about ANWER AUTOS Lines Area or they can suggest any other Mechanic

As for parts if they can suggest any other shop at plaza i can visit and get quotation as well.

Your help will be highly appreciated

Regards
    faizan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mod: please transfer it to Engine / Transmission / Power Section.

My mistake i upload it in buying & selling section.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do a compression test. Google for it so you know what it is. There are many videos out there about it too.

It'll tell you if its the piston rings that leak or if valve seals have died completely. Then you could do a partial overhaul if need be and replace whichever part is necessary.

Questions:

1) how much engine oil does your engine consume till next oil change?
    2) does the car give blue smoke? Is it constant blue smoke or only on startup?
    3) Is the water in radiator clean and clear or does it have a greasy/oily/creamy look?
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanonline View Post
    Do a compression test. Google for it so you know what it is. There are many videos out there about it too.

It'll tell you if its the piston rings that leak or if valve seals have died completely. Then you could do a partial overhaul if need be and replace whichever part is necessary.

Questions:

1) how much engine oil does your engine consume till next oil change?
    2) does the car give blue smoke? Is it constant blue smoke or only on startup?
    3) Is the water in radiator clean and clear or does it have a greasy/oily/creamy look?
    Many thanks for your reply, i have plan to go for compression testing first and their is one mechnic to whom i have to show my car and he got that facility.

as for your question let me anwer is one by one

1 - Almost 1000 km the oil level come between minimum and maximum

2 - In the start it give little blue smoke and some time white but after that no smoke. (not visible to me while driving)

3 - Water is clean no creamly or oil think inside.

One edition the Mechnic name is NAWAB MOTORS its in Saddar Lines Area, i visited him and he also told me complete overhaul 8000 labor (which to me is a big high for simple engine line F8B)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Compression test should tell whether you need overhaul or not. Do both dry as well as wet tests.

If dry and wet tests don't have much difference then problem is probably in valves.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Surprisingly I am also facing same situation as the OP is facing, and I am also in Karachi. Oil reduces etc same as above.

Same cost given to me of 25k with quality parts for complete overhaul.

But i asked my mechanic to lower the cost because I want to drive only for next 3 years, so he suggested:
    +Replacing rings
    +replacing head with used head of accidented cars from shershah
    +water body replacement
    for this work, cost quoted including labor was 18k.

I know my car's head is completely out, there is oil in radiator and water reduces also. And water body is also faulty, it makes noises.

So please suggest me whether I should go for replacing only water body, head and rings?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BUMP @Xulfiqar bhai please nazar daal dien idher bhe

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BUMP Xulfiqar bhai u r online, please see this post also.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Driver41 View Post
    Surprisingly I am also facing same situation as the OP is facing, and I am also in Karachi. Oil reduces etc same as above.

Same cost given to me of 25k with quality parts for complete overhaul.

But i asked my mechanic to lower the cost because I want to drive only for next 3 years, so he suggested:
    +Replacing rings
    +replacing head with used head of accidented cars from shershah
    +water body replacement
    for this work, cost quoted including labor was 18k.

I know my car's head is completely out, there is oil in radiator and water reduces also. And water body is also faulty, it makes noises.

So please suggest me whether I should go for replacing only water body, head and rings?
    Friend as i started this thread but let me tell you as of today i did not overhaul the engine, what i did is used oil additive to reduce engine oil and fortunately it is significantly reduced and no oil spot on plugs only cylinder no 2 has plug adoptor so i will remove the adoptor and see the situation.

As of today the car runs alomost 2500 km and at 2000 km i pour around 500 to 600 ml oil to make the oil at 2 mark in the dip stick.

As senior member recommeded please conduct the compression test to check the actual condition of the engine and things need to be replacement, i would suggest you if you decided to over haul it that do it with quality parts dont go for the jugars suggested by mechanic because you never know after 6 months or 1 years your engine start giving you trouble, so i personally suggest you to go for quality parts but do make good search and take opinion from one of two mechanics

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by essanifaizan View Post
    Friend as i started this thread but let me tell you as of today i did not overhaul the engine, what i did is used oil additive to reduce engine oil and fortunately it is significantly reduced and no oil spot on plugs only cylinder no 2 has plug adoptor so i will remove the adoptor and see the situation.

As of today the car runs alomost 2500 km and at 2000 km i pour around 500 to 600 ml oil to make the oil at 2 mark in the dip stick.

As senior member recommeded please conduct the compression test to check the actual condition of the engine and things need to be replacement, i would suggest you if you decided to over haul it that do it with quality parts dont go for the jugars suggested by mechanic because you never know after 6 months or 1 years your engine start giving you trouble, so i personally suggest you to go for quality parts but do make good search and take opinion from one of two mechanics
    Hmmm... Thanks, I am also using adapter. And please tell me oil additive you are using, it might help me

Engine needs work, I know it. Year back its head was repaired so I saw condition of pistons and head. Pistons were having play when moved with fingers. Head was repaired and smoothed but just Juggari work ( So now head is again giving problem ), it is very simple engine, one can tell very easily if overhaul is required or not.

Now I want you to tell me if I opt for changing rings only, will that do work for some time? Bear in mind that I will go for quality rings and quality labour work. And all quality parts, including good condition head for engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump :d

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got an estimate to overhaul the old engine, head from shershah and total cost is under Rs. 35,000 all suzuki oem new parts.

I suggest please Overhaul the engine with OEM new parts and carefully do the maintenance at regular intervals it may last more then 150000 kms with better fuel consumption.

I have one FX complete after denting & patching with base prepared only need coats of paint. Car covered & parked on wood planks without an engine, I was looking for complete 660 EFI JDM engine with auto transmission. A complete set from a halfcut was for Rs. 85 ~ 100,000 about 18 months back in Sher shah. Now only engine without Auto-Transmission is for 75 ~ 80K - The idea is dropped altogether, engine Overhaul is in progress.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you capsat
    But I just have to use for 3 or at max 4 years, I dont want to spend much on it. As mentioned in my last post, I am going to change only rings, head and waterbody so what do u say? Will it stop consuming oil after ring and head?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1020 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what will be your estimated run in 4 years. Price 35000 is with head if the head of your car engine is GOOD, the OEM parts will be under 30000 for complete overhaul. do not take chance for sundry items. A general overhaul will give you total control over the maintenance & peace of mind for long term running. If there is budget constraint and you have limited usage of car please use discretion for engine rework.

Oil consumption is possible due to multiple factors. weak piston rings, bad valves, bad oil seals, bad oil pump.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

20000kms around...

where are valve located? and where are oil seals? In head or pistons? I have seen oil on my sparkplugs when i put them out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir Ji (CAPSAT)thanks for your reply! So you are restoring your old F8B engine, so it will be over hauld by IRSHAD BHAI at TARIQ ROAD? if not than please suggest the mechanic for over haul it will help all of us specially people from Karachi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    I got an estimate to overhaul the old engine, head from shershah and total cost is under Rs. 35,000 all suzuki oem new parts.

I suggest please Overhaul the engine with OEM new parts and carefully do the maintenance at regular intervals it may last more then 150000 kms with better fuel consumption.

I have one FX complete after denting & patching with base prepared only need coats of paint. Car covered & parked on wood planks without an engine, I was looking for complete 660 EFI JDM engine with auto transmission. A complete set from a halfcut was for Rs. 85 ~ 100,000 about 18 months back in Sher shah. Now only engine without Auto-Transmission is for 75 ~ 80K - The idea is dropped altogether, engine Overhaul is in progress.
    Capsat bhaijan apne mechanic ka contact n address to de dien please. And please apna name bhe bata dien, i will use it as reference.
    Please PM kardien.
    Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List