Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 77
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: suggestions requested for reshaping old suzuki fx into modern look

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasirkhan110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default suggestions requested for reshaping old suzuki fx into modern look

    AOA
    getting boost up with all the encouragements that i got from my first thread " old mercedes reshaping to rolls royce phantom " i am thinking to reshape a old suzuki fx into modern look with up graded accessories eg auto transmission, power steering, efi,turbo charger,lambo doors,bigger sun roof, low profile bigger tyres etc etc
    suzuki fx is a common man car, if i succeeded than i could worth him to drive a modern car with comfort, i wish i could
    please advice me for possible shape / design and accessories
    your valuable comments are requested
    thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #41
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    msabbasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,483
    Follows
    4
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Indeed this is a huge undertaking and certainly a type of project not for the faint hearted. For that I salute you with both hands. After your request to post here, I have a few questions for you. I know that you have already spent a lot of money and invested a great deal of time and effort. My comments will question the very basis of your project and at this stage may be entirely irrelevant. Perhaps may be of value for your next project

    1 - As I go through the pictures I see almost no part of the FX body except the fire wall. Unless you have plans to use other parts of it later. Maybe the fire wall was retained so that you could use the chassis number .

    2 - I have some concerns about the box section of steel used for the main members of the chassis. It seems to be a bit thin. I also didn't see any cross bracing to counteract the chassis from flexing. Maybe that is planned for later. If I was to do this project I'd have used a Suzuki Jimmy or Potohar (Jimmy has a better ride). both these have separate chassis. Once the body of the jeep is removed, all it requires is the body of your choice to be made and mounted. However that would not have been as challenging as this project.

    3 - Is the 3/4 inch square material temporary used to locate suspension components? If not, these are too flimsy to take forces generated when the car hits a pot hole at speed. The top of the McPherson struts need to be located in a more positive manner. You don't want it to flex by the upward force of the shock generated by the pot hole.

    4 - Pipe sections are stronger than square sections of the same size. Meaning if you took a 3/4 inch pipe and a 3/4 inch square section and tried to bend it, the square section will bend easily compared to the pipe. That is why you will always see pipe sections used in the automotive industry for racing cars, jeep rollover bars, superleggera construction etc.

    5 - I do not know if you plan to bolt on the body to the frame or weld it. I'd suggest weld everything so at to promote structural rigidity ie floor pan, wheel arches, firewall trunk floor. All these parts play a huge part in making the chassis rigid. In monocoque construction, the roof is also an integral stressed member. Your design may be a hybrid monocoque design. It is too soon to tell from the pictures. The message I am giving here is all to do with strength and rigidity.

  3. #42
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasirkhan110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AOA
    Mohtaram Abbasi sb
    Its an honor for me that you accepted my request and offered your precious comments on my project,few months before one of my friend from abroad told me about your project so i started looking your thread in fact it is your dedicated work that fetch me to implement on my young age dream, your guidance are truly give us help and strength for this project as well future projects
    I haven't enough ability to answer your questions but i vl try my best

    1) This project is reshaping neither restoration nor modification hence useage of (all) parts are optional,moreover project vehicle is pickup truck that need proper chassis and not a flat floor of fx 800 and said chassis certainly require all body parts,both suspension etc in accordance to sizes/requirement of project vehicle, yes we just use the engine and fire wall of donor car to retain the identity of donor car

    2) As i told at my previous posting that these snaps are old when the vehicle was about 40%,chassis is built with rectangular box section spec. 2"x4" 16 gauge dully reinforced with cross bracing, yes jimmy or potohar would be best option but firstly, i already decided for fx 800 secondly, i bought this fx 800 for Rs 65,000/ and i guess suggested vehicles are nearly triple of this price

    3) yes, 3/4 square tubes are temporary and just for retention

    4) yes its true race cars/ trophy trucks do have roll cages, but a question arises that chassis of any vehicle retains most of it weight and mostly these chassis are made of rectangular box section and not with round pipes

    5) yes we are welding it

    i would like to remind it again,that initially i was looking for some sort of kit which would be suitable for fx 800, infarct i draw some designs of small urban cars but later on when i saw that some one had modify a fx 800 into 2 door pickup then i thought why not i go ahead of them so i am trying for custom made 4 door better looking pick up truck with maximum accessories in reasonable cost
    looking forward for your future guidance

    God bless Pakistan and all

  4. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    takko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,046
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    awesome stuff.. as usual
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

  5. #44
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasirkhan110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takko View Post
    awesome stuff.. as usual

    AOA
    Dear Qureshi sb
    Eid Mubarak to you and all members
    thank you very much for encouragement
    God bless Pakistan

  6. #45
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    takko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,046
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirkhan110 View Post
    AOA
    Dear Qureshi sb
    Eid Mubarak to you and all members
    thank you very much for encouragement
    God bless Pakistan
    Walaikumsalaaam, khair mubarak,

    aameen,
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

  7. #46
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirkhan110 View Post
    AOA
    Mohtaram Abbasi sb
    Its an honor for me that you accepted my request and offered your precious comments on my project,few months before one of my friend from abroad told me about your project so i started looking your thread in fact it is your dedicated work that fetch me to implement on my young age dream, your guidance are truly give us help and strength for this project as well future projects
    I haven't enough ability to answer your questions but i vl try my best

    1) This project is reshaping neither restoration nor modification hence useage of (all) parts are optional,moreover project vehicle is pickup truck that need proper chassis and not a flat floor of fx 800 and said chassis certainly require all body parts,both suspension etc in accordance to sizes/requirement of project vehicle, yes we just use the engine and fire wall of donor car to retain the identity of donor car

    2) As i told at my previous posting that these snaps are old when the vehicle was about 40%,chassis is built with rectangular box section spec. 2"x4" 16 gauge dully reinforced with cross bracing, yes jimmy or potohar would be best option but firstly, i already decided for fx 800 secondly, i bought this fx 800 for Rs 65,000/ and i guess suggested vehicles are nearly triple of this price

    3) yes, 3/4 square tubes are temporary and just for retention

    4) yes its true race cars/ trophy trucks do have roll cages, but a question arises that chassis of any vehicle retains most of it weight and mostly these chassis are made of rectangular box section and not with round pipes

    5) yes we are welding it

    i would like to remind it again,that initially i was looking for some sort of kit which would be suitable for fx 800, infarct i draw some designs of small urban cars but later on when i saw that some one had modify a fx 800 into 2 door pickup then i thought why not i go ahead of them so i am trying for custom made 4 door better looking pick up truck with maximum accessories in reasonable cost
    looking forward for your future guidance

    God bless Pakistan and all

    If you are welding - then as abbasi sb said - dont use rectangle section on load bearing and dont use generic MS pipe, when welding make fish mouth joints and dont use generic gas welding because it makes the joint brittle (controlled argon arc welding is required) with temperature control.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  8. #47
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasirkhan110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    If you are welding - then as abbasi sb said - dont use rectangle section on load bearing and dont use generic MS pipe, when welding make fish mouth joints and dont use generic gas welding because it makes the joint brittle (controlled argon arc welding is required) with temperature control.
    AOA
    Thank you for guideline, we sure revisit chassis and frame job and try to improve it in accordance with your guidance
    God blessing

  9. #48
    PakWheeler Follow
    ahmar.mirza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirkhan110 View Post
    AOA
    Thank you for guideline, we sure revisit chassis and frame job and try to improve it in accordance with your guidance
    God blessing
    Any updates on the project FHummerX

  10. #49
    PakWheeler Follow
    hmlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    45
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirkhan110 View Post
    AOA
    Thank you for guideline, we sure revisit chassis and frame job and try to improve it in accordance with your guidance
    God blessing
    Dear @nasirkhan110,
    This is very creative and I salute you on following through with your passion! Would love to see the finished project. Please post updates/pics when you get an opportunity!
    "With faith, discipline and selfless devotion to duty, there is nothing worthwhile that you cannot achieve." - Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  11. #50
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasirkhan110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hmlk View Post
    Dear @nasirkhan110,
    This is very creative and I salute you on following through with your passion! Would love to see the finished project. Please post updates/pics when you get an opportunity!
    AOA
    Dear Haroon Sahab thank you for encouragement, as I wrote in my other thread that due to my illness and some other problems work on project cars couldn't continue for more than a month, inshaAllah I will soon post new pictures
    you have an awesome H1 truck, if possible post some pictures of it
    God bless all Ameen

  12. #51
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasirkhan110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmar.mirza View Post
    Any updates on the project FHummerX
    AOA
    Dear Mirza sb
    due to my illness n some other reasons i could not work on cars for more than 1 month, soon i will post new pictures
    God bless pakistan

  13. #52
    PakWheeler Follow
    kende001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirkhan110 View Post
    suggestions requested for reshaping old suzuki fx into modern look -1483819
    that car looks cool.and very extremely designed







    galaxy note 4 tasche

  14. #53
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasirkhan110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=kende001;4615736]that car looks cool.and very extremely designed







    galaxy note 4 tasche [/QUOTE

    Dear Henry
    thank you for comments,
    it is not mine, it took it from net just for a reference,
    yes it is a beautiful truck though it hasn't much modification, builders just did job at, suspension with front bumper, roof carrier, big tyres and different over fenders, rest of the vehicle is same or original but again it looks awesome with said changes/modifications
    you could modify a small jeep (preferably low price) with similar changes, i am not a expert but i could give you some tips, if u want
    God bless u

  15. #54
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasirkhan110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AOA
    i need guideline from experts regarding following
    1- the engine of our project truck (fx-800 complete overhaul with all new parts including corroborator) remained started for 2 hours in one liter patrol,
    note: i m trying to retain truck's curb weight upto 600 kgs, same as fx 800
    it has low profile tyres i don't know its number but it 24" by height n width
    what would be its fuel consumption??
    2- i m trying to shift load of all electrical and AC stuff on windmill, installed at truck (sort of hybrid)
    would it works???( specially, in the light of physics law, that denies it)
    looking forward for experts opinion/guideline
    thanku

  16. #55
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZAK14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Impressed by ur project, really innovative ideas and the shape chosen is also a bit different n good for such restoration.
    If u increase the tyres height(tyres of suv like lc or prado) a bit more n try to give it a shape of mini monster truck then maybe it gives more impressive look(my opinion) and increase power as well by installing more powerful engine. Shifting load on a windmill wont be a wise solution, instead use a bigger engine.
    Eager to see more pics n finished product.
    By the way when the completeion is expected?

  17. #56
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    windmill? are you joking here?

    the steering U joint block is at a severe angle in your pictures, Are you using the original small rack and pinion? How about the tie rod angle relative to the knuckle? - what did you set that to?

    what caster angle have you set the front strut mounts on as I see you are using the small suzuki FX struts - it would have been wiser to make a whole new suspension from scratch because the original struts have very limited amount of travel and completely useless road manners. Are you going to use an anti roll bar (balance rod) in this too?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  18. #57
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasirkhan110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    windmill? are you joking here?

    the steering U joint block is at a severe angle in your pictures, Are you using the original small rack and pinion? How about the tie rod angle relative to the knuckle? - what did you set that to?

    what caster angle have you set the front strut mounts on as I see you are using the small suzuki FX struts - it would have been wiser to make a whole new suspension from scratch because the original struts have very limited amount of travel and completely useless road manners. Are you going to use an anti roll bar (balance rod) in this too?
    yes windmill, and i am not joking at all
    windmill doesn't always means a huge mega watt rectangular windmill
    it vl b a small vertical windmill, fitted in horizontal position at front of truck (inside of grill facing direct air through grill's netting)
    so it could consumed that power which is wasting in form of drag at stuff behind the grill
    my actual questions were about physics thermodynamic law???
    and possible fuel consumption??
    as per ur previous advised i have changed the struts, some bars and gives extra attention to welding
    thank you for kind advices

  19. #58
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,399
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    what is the torque that your windmill can apply at different air flow?

    an alternator and ac compressor sap up quite a hefty amount of power from the engine, I dont see how a small fan even with ducts can be a strong enough windmill
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  20. #59
    PakWheeler Follow
    nasirkhan110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    126
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    what is the torque that your windmill can apply at different air flow?

    an alternator and ac compressor sap up quite a hefty amount of power from the engine, I dont see how a small fan even with ducts can be a strong enough windmill
    The basic idea is to consume that power which is wasted in terms of air facing at area at car's grill such power could be collected and stored in battery
    this is a sort of same principle being used in hybrid cars, ie to consume energy which is wasted as heat through traditional mechanical friction brakes

  21. #60
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    msabbasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,483
    Follows
    4
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirkhan110 View Post
    The basic idea is to consume that power which is wasted in terms of air facing at area at car's grill such power could be collected and stored in battery
    this is a sort of same principle being used in hybrid cars, ie to consume energy which is wasted as heat through traditional mechanical friction brakes
    In principal a motor when used in reverse it becomes a generator. So if the example of a radiator electric fan is considered it will generate some EMF when the blades are spinning (with wind) without any electrical power applied to it. But here is the problem. Lets say that when 12V is applied to the fan motor it spins at say 1000 RPM. At this time lets say that it consumes 5 amps. Then based on the construction (motor winding and commutator arrangement), if the blades were to be spun at 1000 RPM (by wind) you should be able to get back almost 12V. But the moment you add any load to it, the electromagnetic forces resulting by the current flow within the motor winding being in the opposite direction to the blade movement will load up the motor and slow it down. To overcome the this resistance so that you can still spin the blade more force has to be applied on the fan blade. The only two ways that could be done is by driving faster or increasing the size of the blade surface area. Eventually you will realize that the blade surface area becomes unpractical based on 60-80 Km/h speeds. I think you will need about 3-5 amp output at about 14.5V from this wind generator to be of any real use for battery charging purposes. The rest you can figure out yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •