Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default suggestions requested for reshaping old suzuki fx into modern look

AOA
    getting boost up with all the encouragements that i got from my first thread " old mercedes reshaping to rolls royce phantom " i am thinking to reshape a old suzuki fx into modern look with up graded accessories eg auto transmission, power steering, efi,turbo charger,lambo doors,bigger sun roof, low profile bigger tyres etc etc
    suzuki fx is a common man car, if i succeeded than i could worth him to drive a modern car with comfort, i wish i could
    please advice me for possible shape / design and accessories
    your valuable comments are requested
    thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by msabbasi View Post
    In principal a motor when used in reverse it becomes a generator. So if the example of a radiator electric fan is considered it will generate some EMF when the blades are spinning (with wind) without any electrical power applied to it. But here is the problem. Lets say that when 12V is applied to the fan motor it spins at say 1000 RPM. At this time lets say that it consumes 5 amps. Then based on the construction (motor winding and commutator arrangement), if the blades were to be spun at 1000 RPM (by wind) you should be able to get back almost 12V. But the moment you add any load to it, the electromagnetic forces resulting by the current flow within the motor winding being in the opposite direction to the blade movement will load up the motor and slow it down. To overcome the this resistance so that you can still spin the blade more force has to be applied on the fan blade. The only two ways that could be done is by driving faster or increasing the size of the blade surface area. Eventually you will realize that the blade surface area becomes unpractical based on 60-80 Km/h speeds. I think you will need about 3-5 amp output at about 14.5V from this wind generator to be of any real use for battery charging purposes. The rest you can figure out yourself.
    AOA Abbasi sb
    thanks for ur valuable comments
    let me tell u a little more about my plan,actually i vl use pmbldc motor in place of conventional car alternator which is far efficient, this pmbldc motor vl b fitted in propeller to generate power by air to charge batteries, there vl be two batteries, one on charging whereas the 2nd vl supply power to electrical stuff as well 2nd pmbldc motor that runs AC's compressor, the AC's compressor vl b started by engine then switch over to motor.
    i dont know either it works with complete detachment from engine or not but i m sure it vl reduces load from engine, i m still searching a electronic/eletrical device that could switch battery charging from wind generator to engine, in a case when batteries are not sufficiently charge by wind generator
    i am not a engineer and it is just a thought but i do blieve that
    کر کے پچھتانا بہتر ہے نہ کر کے پچھتانے سے
    thanku again

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasirkhan110 View Post
    AOA Abbasi sb
    thanks for ur valuable comments
    let me tell u a little more about my plan,actually i vl use pmbldc motor in place of conventional car alternator which is far efficient, this pmbldc motor vl b fitted in propeller to generate power by air to charge batteries, there vl be two batteries, one on charging whereas the 2nd vl supply power to electrical stuff as well 2nd pmbldc motor that runs AC's compressor, the AC's compressor vl b started by engine then switch over to motor.
    i dont know either it works with complete detachment from engine or not but i m sure it vl reduces load from engine, i m still searching a electronic/eletrical device that could switch battery charging from wind generator to engine, in a case when batteries are not sufficiently charge by wind generator
    i am not a engineer and it is just a thought but i do blieve that
    کر کے پچھتانا بہتر ہے نہ کر کے پچھتانے سے
    thanku again
    I think you need the services of an Electrical Engineer. I am just a Mechanical Engineer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

two question?
    1)is it legal ??? I have heard any cutting to chasis is illegal
    2) how will be expand the axles

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by msabbasi View Post
    I think you need the services of an Electrical Engineer. I am just a Mechanical Engineer.
    AOA
    Shukriya Mohtaram Abbasi sb
    you are always too kind with me
    I started this discussion of hybrid system, just to get more and more inputs of PakWheelers, I also tried to make it more scientific with reference to physics law.
    The auto industry is already entered into the era of hybrid cars for many years and further trying to make it more and more efficient which hopefully some day leads to electric vehicles having a self recharging system (though it is against the existing law of physics)
    I am not doing these project cars or above system for any monetary benefits, it is my passion with a thought that maybe it could give some interest to people who want are in hesitation to start these kind of stuff.
    We are a beautiful nation and in my believe we may not leave everything to Government everybody of us should come forward to give our share for the betterment of this Great country
    God bless Pakistan n all

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    two question?
    AOA Saboor sb
    1- i am not a legal expert but i guess tampering of chassis number, affixing of chassis plate/firewall or punching of chassis number (of some legal vehicle) to non Customs duty paid vehicle is illegal, if u r asking about my project truck it is a locally built car with identification of locally manufactured legal car,
    my question, what is illegality in this car????
    2- i bought used axles as per require sizes
    thanku

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good luck
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    two question?
    according to a customs official on PW any work to the unibody of the car is legal as long as the chassis no. is left intact (nasirkhan110 has taken that loophole and made it a blackhole) - Its legal in Pakistani books

btw this is not the first time I have seen such modification in Pakistan. It has been done before and no-one got questioned.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA
    Shukriya Mohtaram Abbasi sb
    you are always too kind with me
    I started this discussion of hybrid system, just to get more and more inputs of PakWheelers, I also tried to make it more scientific with reference to physics law.
    The auto industry is already entered into the era of hybrid cars for many years and further trying to make it more and more efficient which hopefully some day leads to electric vehicles having a self recharging system (though it is against the existing law of physics)
    I am not doing these project cars or above system for any monetary benefits, it is my passion with a thought that maybe it could give some interest to people who want are in hesitation to start these kind of stuff.
    We are a beautiful nation and in my believe we may not leave everything to Government everybody of us should come forward to give our share for the betterment of this Great country
    God bless Pakistan n all

Firstly - the government of Pakistan is as good as 7 day old cat poo (completely useless in any way), anyone expecting anything from it is delusional.

now coming to your point the energy required to get your MG unit working from mere air pressure your vehicle should be going at aircraft speeds - think about it, if it were so easy why did not manufacturers think of this, they have however used "air channeling" to reduce aero drag and hence increase the fuel/mileage efficiency of the vehicle. e.g. some new cars today come with louvered vents that are electrically triggered to shut so that air does not flood the engine room and create a heavy dam at front.

some older cars had these vents but they were thermostatically controlled.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    according to a customs official on PW any work to the unibody of the car is legal as long as the chassis no. is left intact (nasirkhan110 has taken that loophole and made it a blackhole) - Its legal in Pakistani books

btw this is not the first time I have seen such modification in Pakistan. It has been done before and no-one got questioned.
    it is a public forum related to vehicles, i do not like to discuss personal affairs here, but for kind information of quoted Customs official, my self is also a retired officer of Pakistan Customs i never seen such notification/SRO, if there is some please inform me
    i just tried for a healthy discussion but unfortunately ........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it is a public forum related to vehicles, i do not like to discuss personal affairs here, but for kind information of quoted Customs official, my self is also a retired officer of Pakistan Customs i never seen such notification/SRO, if there is some please inform me
    one think more stop abusing Pakistan
    in western world people called this Custom modified cars
    i been in USA and Europe alot of times i never seen any one build a hummer or RR (custom made) in a price of Rs 700,000/ per car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalamualaikum
    Dear Pakweelers
    I am shutting my both treads for the time being, i will come back here when i will made my hybrid system or in other words when i "make a purse out of a sow's ear" that i did before with the help of the Almighty Allah
    I further request to the management of this site that there should be some check that no one abused Pakistan
    God bless Pakistan n all ameen

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Firstly - the government of Pakistan is as good as 7 day old cat poo (completely useless in any way), anyone expecting anything from it is delusional.

now coming to your point the energy required to get your MG unit working from mere air pressure your vehicle should be going at aircraft speeds - think about it, if it were so easy why did not manufacturers think of this, they have however used "air channeling" to reduce aero drag and hence increase the fuel/mileage efficiency of the vehicle. e.g. some new cars today come with louvered vents that are electrically triggered to shut so that air does not flood the engine room and create a heavy dam at front.

some older cars had these vents but they were thermostatically controlled.
    @Xulfiqar @nasirkhan110
    what about peltier effect.Can a peltier with its hot side be attached to the whole length of the exhaust or 70-80% of exhaust that is below the cabin and the colder side is inside the cabin so as to create a peltier effect and generate some electrical output?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats great that you are a retired customs official, the entirety of the legal system that classifies vehicles is sort of a joke in customs and excise - you already know that, you have taken a passenger hatchback vehicle and changed its wheel base, ride height, body structure - but somehow it will be declared as a "saloon" in the papers where the heading of horsepower ends in engine cc and is a poorly hand written document anyway

Custom cars come in two categories, coach build and one off - coach build used to be quite popular in the old times - its very expensive nowadays, the one off unique custom cars have a completely different structure of registration and road use privileges. Some countries do not even allow light hand built cars on highways as the "one" car was never put to a systematic test to determine insurance/legalities.

I fail to understand how you are determining this discussion went south?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox1 View Post
    @Xulfiqar @nasirkhan110
    what about peltier effect.Can a peltier with its hot side be attached to the whole length of the exhaust or 70-80% of exhaust that is below the cabin and the colder side is inside the cabin so as to create a peltier effect and generate some electrical output?
    temperature swings are too wild to work with.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any progress?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good creative project...best of luck for its success..
    slow n steady wins the race..

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default excise

AOA , sir what about the excise and etc won't they tease on road for this much modification.

19. 12-09-2016, 09:40 PM

PakWheeler

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List