i need help/advice/suggestions whatever you name it...
i recently bought a 1993 (S140) Toyota Crown Royal Saloon 3.0L (2JZ-GE) and in process of refinement/minor improvements while spoiling my family weekends. Though not a motor expert but I feel the following issues but before suggestions kindly remember that engine is in perfect condition and overall car is in pristine condition...
- Fuel consumption (currently b/w 5-6KM), is this the max a 3.0ltr can achieve? can i stretch it to 7-8km? somehow i felt that car consumes a lot more fuel in city driving rather than driving really hard (120/160/180/220) on the GT/motorways while engaging OD and ECT most of the time but fuel slight gauge while during city driving around 40-60 with Aircon ON but fuel gauge drops much more quickly./li
- front suspension ( i recently visit Saeed Engineering RWP and he changed the some front bushes, steering assembly etc, some bushes at the rear but still i am not comfortable with the drive as i still feel little steering play and suspension noises on rough roads, i am planning to visit Saeed again over the weekend to rectify the issues)/li
- power steering pump, it produces sounds during rotating the steering while car standing idle, mechanic told me to replace it with the used one as reworking on the existing with OEM parts will not survive after 6 months./li
before visiting Saeed i do check the prices of the new suspension parts (some say genuine and some say Japanese) but Saeed told me to stick with Kabuli as they lasts longer? is it true? however, i changed old with new ones but still not satisfied
i am ready and willing to spend money on the car but need a decent outcome out of it (excluding below) which so far is not there while changing the following thru a reliable mechanic...
- all fluids/li
- rear shocks (changed with Toyota original costing Rs. 7500)/li
- front radiator /li
- radiator fan (this part gives me lot of headache and time waste while swapping couple of those)/li
- filled entire radiator and bottle with Toyota original radiator fluid (costs Rs.3600)/li
- replaced all engine seals/li
- throttle body service/li
kindly pinpoint or suggest me a crown expert in RWP/ISB, thanks to all of you!
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad