13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mark X fuel filter and injector cleaner

As we all know the fuel quality of Pk, although i mostly use hi-octane ( whenever i visit Isb as here in Pesh no one sells hi-octane) but still it is not comparable with the ordinary fuel of Japan ( for which the engine of Mark x is designed, as this is JDM ) what do u think to put injector cleaner or change fuel filter, car is 41000 km driven acc to ODO meter but may be the previous owner reversed it so presume it to 70,000 km.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by spectra View Post
    U should change the fuel filter immediately, considering quality of Pakistani fuel. It should be changed at 40k kms in any case.

It costs around 4k and it a little hard to change, pump has to come out and filter is part of the whole pump assembly so skill is involved in assembling and disassembling.

My Brother's 300 G is giving 8.5 in city after the service done, all filters, oils etc. when we got it, computer was showing 6.3 per liter, now it varies betweem 8-9.5 with final average of 8.5.

ON motorway he got 12.7 which is remarkable IMO.
    how long it take to change fuel filter? i think its below the rear seats inside the fuel tank? did u check ur previous fuel filter was choked n dirty coz i remembered ur bro's markx was done 70k km.....r u using only high-octane coz ur markx is giving excellent mileage even in the city
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@spectra
    pl tell me where u changed ur fuel filter from, i will also come to Pindi and go to the same person bec atleast he has experience of ur car in near past.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all mark x xperts
    since i bought the car, it has a break sound, when at low spead i apply break, either straight or on turn, there is "tic tic" noise, i have shown it to many mechanics and the problem is diagnosed. The front "clipper kit" (where brake pads r attached) has pins, these pins r lose, may be due to miss usage, so when brakes r applied the pins goes inside the clipers, and being thin and lose they make annoying sound. The mechanic opened clipers three times in front of me. First time he put grease on the pins, on test drive there was no sound, i was happy, but after an hour again the same problem started. Then i went to other mechanic, he put tape on the pins, said as they r now thickend so wont make any noise, it worked for one day only, again i went to the same mechanic, this time he took the pins to welder, through weld he thickend them, then put in KHARADI machine to make them smooth, said now its as good as new and prob solved forever, this tecnique worked for one week, now the anoyying noise is almost half, but still i need to fix it. Do u guys face any such prob, pl recommend a good mechanic to fix this in pindi / isb, or a place where i can buy brand new clipper kit pair. I m in peshawar and checked it here in Shoba Bazaar but not found.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well if one buys a car which is something more then the civic or a corolla he must be able to use the genuine parts and buy them new. Other wise Buy a civic or corolla.

Secondly get the technical work from Toyota authorized workshops its expensive but its worth it. and Fuel filter should be more then 6000 if its not the same as COROlla
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here in Peshawar Toyota Frontier knows nothing about mark x, my car's headlight lamp was fused, i took it to toyota frontier, they said in order to remove and change the lamp they have to remove the head light, for that first they removed the front grill, then the bumper, the unscrewed the headlight, finally said the lamp circuit has problem and have to replace the full head light, cost around 40,000 each, then i took it to hamza younas autos , Saddar, Pindi, they gave me new lamp, called electrician, who without opening anything changed the lamp in 10 sec.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Visit Islamabad for technical works. i didnt know there was such a problem in Peshawar.
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asadsethi View Post
    @ all mark x xperts
    since i bought the car, it has a break sound, when at low spead i apply break, either straight or on turn, there is "tic tic" noise, i have shown it to many mechanics and the problem is diagnosed. The front "clipper kit" (where brake pads r attached) has pins, these pins r lose, may be due to miss usage, so when brakes r applied the pins goes inside the clipers, and being thin and lose they make annoying sound. The mechanic opened clipers three times in front of me. First time he put grease on the pins, on test drive there was no sound, i was happy, but after an hour again the same problem started. Then i went to other mechanic, he put tape on the pins, said as they r now thickend so wont make any noise, it worked for one day only, again i went to the same mechanic, this time he took the pins to welder, through weld he thickend them, then put in KHARADI machine to make them smooth, said now its as good as new and prob solved forever, this tecnique worked for one week, now the anoyying noise is almost half, but still i need to fix it. Do u guys face any such prob, pl recommend a good mechanic to fix this in pindi / isb, or a place where i can buy brand new clipper kit pair. I m in peshawar and checked it here in Shoba Bazaar but not found.
    What size wheels and tires are you currently running?
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

old filter was chojed. i think i have it somewhere in garrage. with pakistani fuel it gets clogged easily. i bought it from hamza younas autos and my trusted mechanic changed it. it took him around 40 minutes. i use normal fuel not high octane. knock sensor takes care of everything else. got a fill up and after 15 kms run computer was showing 8.6 and it is fairly accurate.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

old filter was chojed. i think i have it somewhere in garrage. with pakistani fuel it gets clogged easily. i bought it from hamza younas autos and my trusted mechanic changed it. it took him around 40 minutes. i use normal fuel not high octane. knock sensor takes care of everything else. got a fill up and after 15 kms run computer was showing 8.6 and it is fairly accurate.
    u r running super n still getting 8.6kn/l fuel average .....tht pretty impressive....i ve to check the fuel filter for my markx too

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3GR-FSE (300G direct injection model engine) is designed to run on 93 RON so no big issues. Engines which are designed to run on 100 RON fuel face problems with normal super fuel.

Our super is claimed to be 90 RON (Even if it is 87 in actual, it works fine) and HI Octane is 93 RON (in actual it is 90)

I hope i am clear

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just blow pressure air frm tank fuel pipe with fuel filter to engine pipe removed. everything stuck will come out--- keep your head away while doing so.otherwise you will look like a monster

ive done this experiment for 20v fuel line cleaning, and it worked
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3GR-FSE (300G direct injection model engine) is designed to run on 93 RON so no big issues. Engines which are designed to run on 100 RON fuel face problems with normal super fuel.

Our super is claimed to be 90 RON (Even if it is 87 in actual, it works fine) and HI Octane is 93 RON (in actual it is 90)

I hope i am clear
    Our super is 89 RON n High Octane RON is 93..maybe m wrong...ur engine 3GR-FSE is 11:5 compression n my markx is 250G 4GR-FSE is 12.1 compression...these two r high compression engine which need more RON octane to run for better combustion n also for better fuel average.....i ve check in some website of lexus IS250 which is same as my markx engine need premium fuel in US which is 91 RON i think compare to normal fuel 87 RON....if m not wrong in Japan most of their fuel r 99 RON n our car is jdm...tht why i use high octane n sometime mixed instead of only super

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    u r running super n still getting 8.6kn/l fuel average .....tht pretty impressive....i ve to check the fuel filter for my markx too
    This average has improved after all the servicing i have done. New plugs, filters and oils are contributing to it, engine itself is good as car seems to be genuine mileage and not a meter reverse case. Thank God.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post
    What size wheels and tires are you currently running?
    i use the original size 215-60-16 with brand new yokohama tyres, but the prob is in clipper kit, as whenever mechanic do something with it, the noise goes off for a time being

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Calliper kit can be ordered with Hamza Younas Autos. I think you should try fining it at shobha, whole dis setup including caliper should be available.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asadsethi View Post
    i use the original size 215-60-16 with brand new yokohama tyres, but the prob is in clipper kit, as whenever mechanic do something with it, the noise goes off for a time being
    i ve replaced my original size 215/60 R16 to aftermarket staggered rims 225/45 R18 fron n 245/40 R18 rear..i know bigger rims change ur fuel average.....btw if u r having brake issues then get lexus GS300 or GS430 big brake kit...its full bolt on in our markx only thing u need to change ur tires to 18inch n also they r quite expensive but worth it....markx stock brakes r not tht gud if someone got S-package markx they come with bigger disc brakes

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=iLLDuDe786;2633643]well i never used injector cleaners, nor do i beleive they work.... you can try it out... but i wudnt unless the car is giving any problem....

Neither do I, sometimes they even worsen the problem. Fuel additives are strong solvents. When we pour such compositions to our fuel tank, their first action is to dissolve hydrocarbon scalings from the fuel tank. All the loosen up sediments pollute the strainer attached to the submersed fuel pump and the main fuel filter. Sometimes they are even choked. Remaining dirt flows inside the engine and so does the gunk cleaned from the injectors. That is the reason, worldwide, the auto professionals and websites recommend change of spark plugs, engine oil and filters after usage of fuel additives. They are not very friendly for rubber and plastic components in the fuel pump, regulator and fuel lines.

Larry Carley an internationally well-known automotive technical writer, says about fuel additives "There may be some risk to the vehicle's fuel system when using concentrated solvent to clean the injectors in place. Most equipment suppliers say to disconnect and plug the fuel return line so that solvent does not circulate back to the fuel tank. Strong solvents may attack rubber and plastic components in the fuel pump, regulator and fuel lines, creating additional problems that you don't need"

Ultrasonic cleaning is internationally accepted MOST effective process for cleaning fuel injectors. It restores like-new performance of your fuel injectors and makes your engine run on its peak. It is a comprehensive solution which is hassle free and cheap.
    Periodic fuel injector servicing gives you maximum power, best fuel economy, optimized performance, Reduced engine wear, Driving pleasure and satisfaction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List