Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My AXIO gave amazing mileage

Assalaam o Alaikum to all pakwheelers!

I wanted to share the fuel consumption of my 2007 Corolla AXIO as calculated on last Saturday, for info to all as well as for appreciation. We travelled from taxila to talagang via motorway on average speed of 120 km/hr. The route was taxila to islamabad motorway to balkasar interchange and then to talagang and finally to a village almost 10 km away from talagang. Average speed other than motorway was almost 90km/hr. Car had 4 passengers with 100% AC ON and fuel tank filled completely from a PSO pump on GT road near taxila. Rate of fuel on saturday was Rs 107/litre. On return I filled tank again from the same pump after 335 km running and found that it got filled completely in Rs. 2015. Surprisingly, with four passengers onboard and AC ON @ 120km/hr, the average came to be 17.8 km/litre. So, cost per km was almost Rs 6/. Please note that my AXIO has manual transmission and I have calculated almost the same average many times while travelling from my Job place to my village and back. But on average speed of 90 km/hr and single passenger i.e., only myself. The level of comfort is owsum too as told by my 3 friends onboard. Hope this helps many pakwheelers who are confused about buying AXIO.
    Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamza91 View Post
    its a 1.5 right?
    Yes it is 1.5 1NZFE-VVTi.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    I have an axio and over the last four months, i have calculated the fuel average both during city as well as motorway travel.
    Within city average with AC on full time is 14-15 km/l, depending on how hard you push it.
    motorway driving average is 18.5 km/l with AC and luggage.
    My car is Automatic, but since it's CVT it performs better than manual both in terms of fuel economy as well as pick-up.
    hey can u tel me that
    1) is the average u said in city was with a light foot or hard foot
    2)and on motorway how much people were in the car and what speed were u mostly driving at bcz ur mileage on motorway is realy gud

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice mileage its believable as with same engine and 4AT even i had 21-22 km/l with 100-110 km/h speed on GT Road and same was the mileage i had with 2SZ-FE OF VITZ 1.3. With my old Corolla 2.OD also i touched 19-20 km/l but normally i drive with cool mind so Avg is good otherwise its ...
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother during city travel the average is over 14 if you drive normally with a light foot without accelerating or speeding aggressively.
    If you push it hard and make jack rabbit starts, and drive very fast, it drops to around 13-13.5
    On motorway i have made several trips but it has always been just two persons on board. If you drive under 120 it gives over 18km/l. But its very difficult to resist speeding on the motorway so i usuallly drive at 140 and then it does around 16.5km/l

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinp View Post
    hey can u tel me that
    1) is the average u said in city was with a light foot or hard foot
    2)and on motorway how much people were in the car and what speed were u mostly driving at bcz ur mileage on motorway is realy gud
    Brother during city travel the average is over 14 if you drive normally with a light foot without accelerating or speeding aggressively.
    If you push it hard and make jack rabbit starts, and drive very fast, it drops to around 13-13.5
    On motorway i have made several trips but it has always been just two persons on board. If you drive under 120 it gives over 18km/l. But its very difficult to resist speeding on the motorway so i usuallly drive at 140 and then it does around 16.5km/l

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    hey bro thnk u so much and u provided a gud explaination

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have axio 2007 automatic n it gives mileage of 11km/l in local with AC. I have changed gear oil, engine oil, spark plugs but in vain. Infact after tuning the consumption increased. What should I do?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List