0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic or Toyota Premio?

Salams,

Which of the two is a better buy:

- Zero meter pak assembled 2013 Honda CIVIC (price Rs. 2.2 million).

or

- Imported and used 2006 Toyota PREMIO (price Rs. 1.6 million).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Similarly, IF you had the choice b/w new 2013 CIVIC and used 2007 PREMIO (new shape)which one would you pick ?????

Please also give your reasons for the pick.

Thanks for your advise.

2006 Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi, 2006 Honda Civic 1.6 VTi Oreal, 2006 Toyota Hilux Vigo 3.0

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    Honda CIVIC or Toyota PREMIO ????? -1202474

This one is way ahead of Civic in all aspects
    Yes it is way ahead , 100,000km driven vs 0Km driven ... >> As it is clear that it is way ahead already , even before buying
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Yes it is way ahead , 100,000km driven vs 0Km driven ... >> As it is clear that it is way ahead already , even before buying
    Who is saying you to buy a 100,000km car. One can easily get a car under 20,000kms directly from Japan...
    Body kits available for all cars...
    PM for details

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A 2010 Premio in Japanese auction house having mileage of just 2600kms:

Honda CIVIC or Toyota PREMIO ????? -1202514
    PM for details

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqibasit View Post
    A 2010 Premio in Japanese auction house having mileage of just 2600kms:

Honda CIVIC or Toyota PREMIO ????? -1202514
    Agreed but what will be the price of 2600km driven car ???? I guess around 3 million (correct me if I am wrong) .. while Civic stands at 2.4 million (Top of the line with SR and other goodies) .. anyways It might have some Japanese magic in it but than it crosses Civic Price segment

No ?
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agreed but what will be the price of 2600km driven car ???? I guess around 3 million (correct me if I am wrong) .. while Civic stands at 2.4 million (Top of the line with SR and other goodies) .. anyways It might have some Japanese magic in it but than it crosses Civic Price segment

No ?
    Nops... According to the current exchange rate of USD and JPY, the maximum price for a 2010 model low mileage Premio would be around 2.6 million
    PM for details

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LOL! Well said!

And even those 30K driven cars have had their meters altered with. I have myself seen JDM cars being "repainted and detailed" before the dealers display them as "bumper to bumper genuine condition".

I don't know why people forget that these cars are NOT reconditioned. Japanese are also humans - and much worse drivers than us. Plus, don't forget that their auto-industry is huge. People use cars are throw-away disposables there. And those throwaways are then bought by our innocent buyers at 3 mill a-piece - and then we put up the repainted/re-detailed pics of the same cars saying they are better than a brand new civic LMAO!

A used (and roughed out) premio (guaranteed by the dealer who pronounces genuine as geneean) is more luxurious than a state of the art sophisticated civic which has a standing of a whole company behind it. And Zardari is the most honest leader ever!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    CIVIC
    brand new is always better than landay ki car...
    ^^
    Bhai kabhi apni ainaak pey sey sticker nah utarna acha?? So that everybody knows it was new and not from landa!! Lol...!

@poster
    It comes down to personal preference.. Id like Premio more, if u could afford the hassle of finding one with org auction sheet and a good grade, its much better to have it, cheaper too...

On the other hand civic is one of my favo cars too, im a honda fan... But civic is insanely priced and has nothing extra ordinary in it... Plus in my opinion premio has more of decent and executive looks as compared to civic which is basically themed to be a sporty car...
    So its ur choice... a nice little executive looking car or a (Wonnabe) sporty-ish sedan.

PS - Self importing is the best deal, or if a true friend/relative is a JDM dealer u can get help.
    Check this thread: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/new...d-imported-car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many people actually Dont look whats under the hood... toyota Premio is born step ahead from civic or any regular sedan 1.6-1.8L... i already own a toyota premio 1.5F L-package 2007. when i recently visited honda point in lahore to chekout new civic i noticed that specs were almost same but honestly speaking civic was manufactured out of merely low quality parts(including engine) as compared to premio.
    ...... Another point worth noticing is that if a civic can go upto 1.5 lack kms without disturbing, A Premio can go beyond 2 lack kms without creating major problems for owner! SO DEFINETLY A PREMiO is BETTER!!!
    /////////////
    //////////// One more thing my dear brothers, 1)prius, vitz, belta, Premio and Axio) in cars k parts ka koi problem nae hy har nukkar wale workshop se mil jaen ge :-D , so stop counting it as negative point, aur in sare cars ki resale values bhi best hain,,, it is all misconception among people ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aay1870 View Post
    LOL! Well said!

And even those 30K driven cars have had their meters altered with. I have myself seen JDM cars being "repainted and detailed" before the dealers display them as "bumper to bumper genuine condition".

I don't know why people forget that these cars are NOT reconditioned. Japanese are also humans - and much worse drivers than us. Plus, don't forget that their auto-industry is huge. People use cars are throw-away disposables there. And those throwaways are then bought by our innocent buyers at 3 mill a-piece - and then we put up the repainted/re-detailed pics of the same cars saying they are better than a brand new civic LMAO!

A used (and roughed out) premio (guaranteed by the dealer who pronounces genuine as geneean) is more luxurious than a state of the art sophisticated civic which has a standing of a whole company behind it. And Zardari is the most honest leader ever!
    ............. I totally disagree, beshaq wo crap kar ke bhejte hain... but aap ko kabhe moqa mile to civic aur premio ko sath khara kar k un k engines compare karna, un ki interior chek karna(especially dashboards) yeh bat khud hi saaf ho jate hy k civic kitni sasty quality k parts se bani hui hy, and i guess everybody knows about premio, how good it is.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A new car is always better than an "Orphan" JDM. I'd never ever spend above 2 million on a car which is used abroad.
    Please there is nothing special in premio on the basis of which it should be considered much more better. Both cars offer more or less same comfort level. Don't bash me please. I've driven both cars extensively. and I totally agree with the member above that new one is more better than "landay" ki car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

always ask yourself a question a NEW ONE (a track record to begin with ) or a USED one with no track record (read no auction sheet, no maintenance history) though i myself believe Honda is a Motorcycle manufacturer failed to accept Honda as CAR !

- one civic 2004 did a roll on rear wheel burst with me as rear seat passanger on emirates road in UAE, the other City 2004 did a roll when front right bursted on super highway at kathore with me as forced driver. my preference is 2 wheeler or a cng 3 wheeler always over any HONDA CAR.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you are comparing different classes of vehicles dear, but still if you go for value for money and do not want to regret your decision afterwards than go for premio, what you require from a vehicle is service, reliability, comfort and obviously safety. people in pakistan are all bitten by vanity and going for a Cham cham civic would not be a wise decision just for the sake of it. Drive both cars for 15 minutes and you would know, also if you still want to go for honda than go for a CL9 , it has almost same price as a new shitvic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why are we discussing over an issue which has been burried by the poster long back?
    And by the way, its all personal choice. Those having JDMs will support Premio and those having new Civic will support the same. Back in 2010, I sold my 10k driven civic to buy JDM Accord. No doubt, a classy car with an outstanding drive but ultimately I sold it again to buy another Civic due to spares and maintainance issues. People in Rwp/Pwr/Lhr/Khi may not have any spares issues but those who are living in other cities will have a tough time to maintain such cars. I remember, whenever I opted for original parts for my Accord, the bill was almost touching 50k. On the other hand, Civic is also hard to maintain in terms of spares but then you have peace of mind that the parts are original and easily available with warranty.
    @ALL, One should always give suggestions to others based on facts but please do not misguide without considering the facts. You will always find those supporting JDMs who are either JDM dealers or have invested in them directly or indirectly. I will personally go for Civic any day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tashkeel View Post
    Why are we discussing over an issue which has been burried by the poster long back?
    And by the way, its all personal choice. Those having JDMs will support Premio and those having new Civic will support the same. Back in 2010, I sold my 10k driven civic to buy JDM Accord. No doubt, a classy car with an outstanding drive but ultimately I sold it again to buy another Civic due to spares and maintainance issues. People in Rwp/Pwr/Lhr/Khi may not have any spares issues but those who are living in other cities will have a tough time to maintain such cars. I remember, whenever I opted for original parts for my Accord, the bill was almost touching 50k. On the other hand, Civic is also hard to maintain in terms of spares but then you have peace of mind that the parts are original and easily available with warranty.
    @ALL, One should always give suggestions to others based on facts but please do not misguide without considering the facts. You will always find those supporting JDMs who are either JDM dealers or have invested in them directly or indirectly. I will personally go for Civic any day.
    Well, i own Axio fielder and its just awesome. But the reason i bought it, is that here in peshawar, we have Shuba Bazar, where we can find spares easily, they would be expensive but so is civic's spares. But i agree with what you said, if you know that you can't arrange spares in your city easily then i would prefer civic any day( i hate pakistani rolla's ride). i am having no issues at all with my fielder. It is as new as it can be. But then again, i paid extra 40k according to what market prices were those days just to get a good car. So if anyone knows someone who can get them a good JDM car, i would recommend JDM car for its comfort, but if the spares are available easily. There is somewhat risk involved in JDM cars. Now am going to buy JDM alto for local use inshaa Allah as it is better than pakistan made alto or cultus. It gives good economy( i've experienced it), excellent AC, abs, airbags, privacy glass, good comfort, and good overall ride. I know someone who can provide me with a gem so thats why am going for JDM alto. So here is my point, if you can get a good JDM car and you won't have spares issue within your city then go for it if you are considering one else no need to buy a JDM car. Btw KPK is full of JDM cars. We just love JDM cars. That has to be one reason for me to be favoring JDM cars, sorry for being a bit biased.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    Well, i own Axio fielder and its just awesome. But the reason i bought it, is that here in peshawar, we have Shuba Bazar, where we can find spares easily, they would be expensive but so is civic's spares. But i agree with what you said, if you know that you can't arrange spares in your city easily then i would prefer civic any day( i hate pakistani rolla's ride). i am having no issues at all with my fielder. It is as new as it can be. But then again, i paid extra 40k according to what market prices were those days just to get a good car. So if anyone knows someone who can get them a good JDM car, i would recommend JDM car for its comfort, but if the spares are available easily. There is somewhat risk involved in JDM cars. Now am going to buy JDM alto for local use inshaa Allah as it is better than pakistan made alto or cultus. It gives good economy( i've experienced it), excellent AC, abs, airbags, privacy glass, good comfort, and good overall ride. I know someone who can provide me with a gem so thats why am going for JDM alto. So here is my point, if you can get a good JDM car and you won't have spares issue within your city then go for it if you are considering one else no need to buy a JDM car. Btw KPK is full of JDM cars. We just love JDM cars. That has to be one reason for me to be favoring JDM cars, sorry for being a bit biased.
    I know the quality of JDM. Thats much much better than ours. But anyhow, the baseline is availability of spares. In small cars, I also prefer JDM over PKDM. I wish you good luck for the new purchase bro.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tashkeel View Post
    I know the quality of JDM. Thats much much better than ours. But anyhow, the baseline is availability of spares. In small cars, I also prefer JDM over PKDM. I wish you good luck for the new purchase bro.
    Thank you brother. Yes, i agree. If parts are available then a good JDM car is the best option, BUT, if parts are available as you said. Thanks again for wishing me good luck bro

Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buahahahahahahah LOLx
    vtec roxx!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Anas96 View Post
    Many people actually Dont look whats under the hood... toyota Premio is born step ahead from civic or any regular sedan 1.6-1.8L... i already own a toyota premio 1.5F L-package 2007. when i recently visited honda point in lahore to chekout new civic i noticed that specs were almost same but honestly speaking civic was manufactured out of merely low quality parts(including engine) as compared to premio.
    ...... Another point worth noticing is that if a civic can go upto 1.5 lack kms without disturbing, A Premio can go beyond 2 lack kms without creating major problems for owner! SO DEFINETLY A PREMiO is BETTER!!!
    /////////////
    //////////// One more thing my dear brothers, 1)prius, vitz, belta, Premio and Axio) in cars k parts ka koi problem nae hy har nukkar wale workshop se mil jaen ge :-D , so stop counting it as negative point, aur in sare cars ki resale values bhi best hain,,, it is all misconception among people ;-)
    yar if u come under the hood your Premio 2007 1.5 is only comparable to city aspire !! and with the used and new logic ur car is now 7 year old crap! So city aspire even better then ut car,cheers.
    vtec roxx!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers