Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Toyota Fielder Engine Oil (LIQUI MOLY)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Toyota Fielder Engine Oil (LIQUI MOLY)

AoA All,
    I went to the Liqui Moly outlet at I-8 Markaz, Islamabad & i met with an expert Mr Muhammad Anwar (0322 6001841). An expert, & he advised me to use 5W-30 oil for my fielder (it had done 46000 km on its odo meter). First he used "Engine Flush Plus" in the old oil for 10 minutes, then flushed the oil. Added some new 5W-30 Liqui Moly and then added "CERATEC" with more engine oil till the engine oil dip stick showed almost full.
    WOW.....the engine sound ...was no more ..only wheels running on the road.....it was all smooth.....
    He had asked me to get the filter changed (Guard filter after 7-8000 km), but change the engine oil after 10,000 km minimum or after 1 year which ever is first. The ceratec time is 50,000 km.........

Attached Images Attached Images       

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mentioned interval is 40000 km but i think it can be easily used till 20K in Pakistan
    why did mr. anwar advise only 10000 km also what quantity of oil was put in engine was it 4L

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurramnaseem View Post
    also try CERA TEC.....its gud for 50k KM
    Well, spending to buy some product by knowing its functioning seems attractive. These are expensive items but matter of fact is that our engine don't need them at all. Really.
    Engines are healthy even without them. But as far as you are feeding local & higher viscose oils (havoline 20/50 or similar) for your JDMs or new PDMs, then ofcoarse you need to use the "Engine flush" for sure. But if you are already using good engine oil, then really don't need to use Engine Flush.

And as far as Ceratec is concern, LM says it reduce the Friction & Wear and keep the engine healthy for 50K~100K km.
    But deeper studies will reflect that Ceratec, MOS2 & Molygen. All these three fluids contains "Molybdenum" and here I am copying some paragraph related with its functioning.

Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) is used as a solid lubricant and a high-pressure high-temperature (HPHT) ANTIWEAR AGENT. It forms strong films on metallic surfaces and is a common additive to HPHT greases ? in the event of a catastrophic grease failure, a thin layer of molybdenum prevents contact of the lubricated parts. It also has semiconducting properties with distinct advantages over traditional silicon or graphene in electronics applications. MoS2 is also used as a catalyst in hydrocracking of petroleum fractions containing nitrogen, sulfur and oxygen.

This Molygen is first oil that came with 50 as higher viscosity, is fully synthetic and has been made for countries where thicker viscose oils are popular (like Pak.). This Molygen is perfectly suitable for medium & even old engines (not older than 2001).
    So use this oil instead of buying Ceratec. Because both functions the same.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nom125 View Post
    Mashallah
    Nice to know their was very quick improvement by using the products you mentioned
    QUESTION About oil change??? he mentioned 10000 km as max interval or minimum interval

Seeing the improvement I will also be using
    Engine Flush Plus and Fuel System Treatment from now on except for engine oil which will depend on the weather, In summers i will use 10W40 MoS2 and In winters i will be using 5W30 for intervals ranging from 8-10 K km
    I called Mr. Anwar for information regarding use of above mentioned products for my car
    Presently, LM's the top best fuel saving engine oil is fully synthetic 0/30. But alas, it not available in Pak. yet. Or maybe if so many people will call to LM for this oil, then surely they will import it too.
    Next to 0/30 is 5/40 and yes its available.
    But remember we cannot feed this 0/30 oil to every car here in Pak. Because mostly PDMs feel happy with min. min. 5w oil or 10w.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have two cars one is 2007 model 41K 660 cc driven Daihatsu Sonica(oil capacity 3L)
    second is 2005 model 55K 1600 cc driven Toyota corolla(oil capacity 4L)
    I inquired about Sonica from him and he said "for 3L engine oil better interval is 8L but can be used till max 10K"
    So finally you get it confirmed & reconfirmed & again re-confirmed too.
    Hope you know what I mean here (about the mileage).
    All the best. But for good engine health, drive it with light foot. It increases the life of engine oil too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    So finally you get it confirmed & reconfirmed & again re-confirmed too.
    Hope you know what I mean here (about the mileage).
    All the best. But for good engine health, drive it with light foot. It increases the life of engine oil too.
    AOA goodman bro
    I know what you mean to say
    I am a bit too careful or shakia(you might say),
    because (economics) i dont want to harm my engine by using dead oil and i also dont want to be wasteful and waste oil that can still be good for use
    Thanks for the advice bro, i already drive with light foot (I try Hypermiling- helps increase gas mileage and puts lower load on engine THUS better for increasing engine life)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Presently, LM's the top best fuel saving engine oil is fully synthetic 0/30. But alas, it not available in Pak. yet. Or maybe if so many people will call to LM for this oil, then surely they will import it too.
    Next to 0/30 is 5/40 and yes its available.
    But remember we cannot feed this 0/30 oil to every car here in Pak. Because mostly PDMs feel happy with min. min. 5w oil or 10w.
    5W30 is also available which the poster bought and i think 10W40 and 5W30 are best oils considering Pakistani summers and winters respectively. Also 5W40 is like an all-rounder which i think can be used year round without any hesitation

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

follow oil change interval recommended by the manufacturer of the engine, not the blender of the oil. The biggest reason is the manufacturer knows what sort of oil filtration system is there and how hard is the engine on the oil.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    follow oil change interval recommended by the manufacturer of the engine, not the blender of the oil. The biggest reason is the manufacturer knows what sort of oil filtration system is there and how hard is the engine on the oil.
    I try to follow it and the recommended normal interval is 10K km and severe is 5K km but i think normal conditions apply to me because:
    1. my daily drive is 33 km non-stop one side, and then 33 km back in the evening.
    2. the route i drive is without stop and go traffic, meaning that there are maybe 2 or 3 signals max.
    3. i drive with light foot mild to sometimes semi-aggressive driving (Hypermiling).
    4. the roads are not dusty.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...07-user-manual

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yep - it literally talks of severe condition too, which halves the interval.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Goodman7....its very useful info u had added into this forum. thanx for all ur deep research on the topic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes 4L oil as shown in the pic
    He only advised me for 10k KM......i'll check the oil after 10k KM if its still showing gud viscosity and no color change etc.....i might go for 5k+ KM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats PDM?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA goodman bro
    I know what you mean to say
    I am a bit too careful or shakia(you might say),
    because (economics) i dont want to harm my engine by using dead oil and i also dont want to be wasteful and waste oil that can still be good for use
    Thanks for the advice bro, i already drive with light foot (I try Hypermiling- helps increase gas mileage and puts lower load on engine THUS better for increasing engine life)
    i read somewhere in quotation that "Being careful doesn't hurt". and yes its true. Thumbs up brother. You are doing great.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

5W30 is also available which the poster bought and i think 10W40 and 5W30 are best oils considering Pakistani summers and winters respectively. Also 5W40 is like an all-rounder which i think can be used year round without any hesitation
    Yes 5/30 is very good oil. You will be surprise to know that LM recommends 50K interval time (let me say again 50K oil change interval time) for 5/30 for many models of BMW, WV, and other German made cars. I've got it re-confirmed directly from LM Germany. But this also true that we cannot keep or recommend the same intervals for all the engines. Many things depends including fuel quality which is very important.
    Anyway, lets say all the best for the original poster who bought 5/30 oil. And if he is reading this post, then plz mention the part number of the bottle that you've bought. Its important to know because LM has I think ~5 different types of 5/30 oils with respect to their characteristics.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Goodman7....its very useful info u had added into this forum. thanx for all ur deep research on the topic.
    compliments are well acknowledged with sincere THANK YOU.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes 4L oil as shown in the pic
    He only advised me for 10k KM......i'll check the oil after 10k KM if its still showing gud viscosity and no color change etc.....i might go for 5k+ KM
    Noting the color changes is good. But most important is "LUBRICATION".
    After driving every 1K, put a little drop on engine oil on the finger tip and rub it well. The lubrication of synthetic oils lasts incredibly for longer time.
    Just an experiment, go to any oil change shop when some car is changing the mineral oil. Put 1~2 drops on tip, rub it and note it. Then pull out the dip stick from your own car (if using synthetic oil) and rub it on your tip. You will feel the big difference for sure.
    These imported oil may change their color according to Engine's health & carbon production, but their lubricating really lasts much longer than local oils.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats PDM?
    PDM here we use for Pak. Domestic Manufacturerd Cars.
    Similarly JDM for Japanese.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes 5/30 is very good oil. You will be surprise to know that LM recommends 50K interval time (let me say again 50K oil change interval time) for 5/30 for many models of BMW, WV, and other German made cars. I've got it re-confirmed directly from LM Germany. But this also true that we cannot keep or recommend the same intervals for all the engines. Many things depends including fuel quality which is very important.
    Anyway, lets say all the best for the original poster who bought 5/30 oil. And if he is reading this post, then plz mention the part number of the bottle that you've bought. Its important to know because LM has I think ~5 different types of 5/30 oils with respect to their characteristics.
    The 50,000 kms oil change interval have to be BMW Long life oil tested, used with fleece filter only and those engines have giant sumps too. Its usually about 4 times the cost of regular 5w30.

e.g. if your regular oil is Rs 3500/4L the BMW spec oil will be Rs 14,000/4L

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The 50,000 kms oil change interval have to be BMW Long life oil tested, used with fleece filter only and those engines have giant sumps too. Its usually about 4 times the cost of regular 5w30.

e.g. if your regular oil is Rs 3500/4L the BMW spec oil will be Rs 14,000/4L
    AOA bro just out of curiosity are fleece filters available for pdm and jdm cars locally(easily) or are they special order

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List