Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Prius Installing new shocks and springs

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfankhan786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Prius Installing new shocks and springs

    Hello every one

    I have prius 2011, I want to change its shocks and springs to increase height (ground clearance) like my corolla Altis,

    Need help in this matter, is there any genuine extra height shocks and springs available for this purpose

    If yes than how and where can I find them

    Professional advise needed

    Thanks

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mwm749's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @irfankhan;

    That's plus sizing you are talking about, its done to improve the performance/ handling of vehicle and not the ground clearance.
    Raising a vehicle is not only bad practice, it's also dangerous. You're raising the centre of gravity, which makes the car unstable at speed, more vulnerable if driven in cross winds or bad roads with negative camber. A sudden change of direction (like swerving to avoid an obstacle) could cause the car to over turn.

    The suspension of an automobile is a safety-related aspect, the ride height is set buy the manufacturers, based upon extensive testing, involving several hundreds of hours of R&Prius Installing new shocks and springs - grin, and millions of $$$. Do you honestly feel you can better the factory settings, by raising the height artificially?


    However if you still want to do it Pls check out the links;

    Tyre Size Calculator - Legal Requirements - Etyres

    Plus One Tyre Sizing: Learn How To Plus Size Tyres & Wheels
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfankhan786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
    @irfankhan;

    That's plus sizing you are talking about, its done to improve the performance/ handling of vehicle and not the ground clearance.
    Raising a vehicle is not only bad practice, it's also dangerous. You're raising the centre of gravity, which makes the car unstable at speed, more vulnerable if driven in cross winds or bad roads with negative camber. A sudden change of direction (like swerving to avoid an obstacle) could cause the car to over turn.

    The suspension of an automobile is a safety-related aspect, the ride height is set buy the manufacturers, based upon extensive testing, involving several hundreds of hours of R&Prius Installing new shocks and springs - grin, and millions of $$$. Do you honestly feel you can better the factory settings, by raising the height artificially?


    However if you still want to do it Pls check out the links;

    Tyre Size Calculator - Legal Requirements - Etyres

    Plus One Tyre Sizing: Learn How To Plus Size Tyres & Wheels
    Brother I completely agree with you and appreciate for your time

    That's the reason I'm asking someone to help

    I bought this car to save money and get a comfortable ride not to get hit on every single jump on road with family or ask my family to get out of car while going inside my own house

    I have even called indus motors for the shocks and springs they are using cuz they told me that there car is going to be according to Pak roads and bit high but I'm stil waiting for there answer

    the last option I thought to ask u guys if I can do something about it

    So what u think I should go for ???

    brother need some serious advice on this what would u do if u are at my place

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Teeboyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,608
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Change the wheels bigger alloys
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfankhan786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teeboyuk View Post
    Change the wheels bigger alloys
    What size n which tyre with size ???
    N how much difference it will create

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teeboyuk View Post
    Change the wheels bigger alloys
    hmm - do we agree that the gearbox in this car is actually a coupler of 2 motors??

    reducing the final drive rpm with larger wheels will cause a bit of "confusion" in the drive system.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irfankhan786 View Post
    Brother I completely agree with you and appreciate for your time

    That's the reason I'm asking someone to help

    I bought this car to save money and get a comfortable ride not to get hit on every single jump on road with family or ask my family to get out of car while going inside my own house

    I have even called indus motors for the shocks and springs they are using cuz they told me that there car is going to be according to Pak roads and bit high but I'm stil waiting for there answer

    the last option I thought to ask u guys if I can do something about it

    So what u think I should go for ???

    brother need some serious advice on this what would u do if u are at my place
    I dont understand that why people buy a car that is slung to the road with 2 inches clearance then try to raise it 10 inches by adding spacers.

    Remedy - sell the Prius and buy an SUV.

    btw whats wrong with asking your family to get out of the car when you are cresting your high angle driveway?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfankhan786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well how would u ask UR family to get out of car on road cuz you want cross jump??

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfankhan786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I don't wanna put spacers I want to know if any shocks or spring which can give extra height or if tyres or alloy what size and which tyre

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    ME: - all of you out - we cannot crest this "grave" shaped bump with all of you in the car.

    ME -- next day --- put car up for sale.

    lesson learnt.

    You cant have your cake and eat it too.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfankhan786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    ME: - all of you out - we cannot crest this "grave" shaped bump with all of you in the car.

    ME -- next day --- put car up for sale.

    lesson learnt.

    You cant have your cake and eat it too.
    Thanks for advice

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    just kidding.

    The issue is that you cannot raise the car as is - it will make it a very dangerous car as it can literally swerve at high speed (krolla escalai brake problem)

    The body design is for urban driving only and sadly in Pakistan urban driving is worse than the eastern bloc countries rural driving.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfankhan786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    just kidding.

    The issue is that you cannot raise the car as is - it will make it a very dangerous car as it can literally swerve at high speed (krolla escalai brake problem)

    The body design is for urban driving only and sadly in Pakistan urban driving is worse than the eastern bloc countries rural driving.
    Thanks bro
    Big tires or alloy can help??? If yes how much in inches

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    They wont help because the ABS speed sensors are tied to the motor drive system and measure rpm to ensure the best economy cycle. Bigger tyres means slower hub rpm - that leads to error.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    roomi351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro just increase tyre size

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    roomi351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    195/70/15 will do the need full

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfankhan786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    They wont help because the ABS speed sensors are tied to the motor drive system and measure rpm to ensure the best economy cycle. Bigger tyres means slower hub rpm - that leads to error.
    Than what about car from toyota having OEM 17" alloys ? how it works there? Just a question

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfankhan786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roomi351 View Post
    195/70/15 will do the need full
    Which brand??

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irfankhan786 View Post
    Than what about car from toyota having OEM 17" alloys ? how it works there? Just a question
    If the factory car came with a total of 20 inch wheel + tire height then that is out of question - because everything is coded as an assembly. If you are installing larger wheels and tires without going into changing the values then it will cause errors.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    volverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Irfan bro ma boht sataya howa ha jdm used crap ka which people called it total geniuen bumper to bumper. Ma ne toba kar li ha aenda koi b jdm used car lane se.
    Best solution is for u sell the car buy pkdm car .itni tension he nhe ho ge. Jab dill chaho bach kar doari la lo.resale quick.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    ASTAGHFIRULLAH ASTAGHFIRULLAH

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Teeboyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,608
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    hmm - do we agree that the gearbox in this car is actually a coupler of 2 motors??

    reducing the final drive rpm with larger wheels will cause a bit of "confusion" in the drive system.
    Bro of the two evils I picked the tyres. If the guy that owns this car .. Is going to butcher his suspension id prefer him to change his tyre size or put 1 inch bigger rims. If that don't work .. Sell it..
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •