Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mark X Transmission problem, Experts Plz Guide

Assalaam O Alaikum,
    I have purchased a Mark X few weeks later, now I realise that my car is running on 4 gears only although it have 6 speed auto transmission, gears from 1 to 4 shifts normally,
    etc when I m very light on gas (picks it up very lightly) 2nd gear shifts @ speed of 10 km/h,
    3rd gear shifts @ speed of 20 km/h,
    4th gear shifts @ speed of 35 km/h,
    After that it stopped up gear shifting, it runs @60 km/h with 2000 rpm,
    @80 km/h with 3000 rpm,
    @100 km/h with 4000 rpm,
    And becomes very hard on gas, I mean it consume a lot of petrol.
    I have discussed this issue to many mechanics and experts, and done these few things
    1)changed transmission fluid with Toyota T-IV (it gone about 5 liters in the tranny)
    2) cleaned transmissions oil filter
    3) reset ECU many times,
    After resetting ECU it become a normal transmission and changing all 6 gears, but after couple of hours or a day only it again stuck in 4 gears,
    I reset ECU by pulling both battery terminals for some time, after reconnecting battery wires car start in first self but its rpm goes up and down for some time then set around 800 to 900rpm is that right way to reset ECU?
    Experts please guide me how to manage, I also contacted to Toyota showroom on Rashid minhas road I think it is Toyota western and asked them for reprogramming of ECU but thay said we don't deal in mark X, I don't want to go to local mechanics,
    Your help will ne highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by marcusdubles View Post
    Guys I need your help,I recently got an engine complete with the transmission for toyota mark x 2005 model. I replaced complete without seperating them,I filled the transmission with dextrone ii atf. After driving I realised the performance was not good,I parked it and later replaced the oil with 4litre Atf WS as advised by toyota dealers.I then tried again,when i push in D or R.no change is felt,the car only moves when I press the accelerator pedal.at 80km/h the engine check light comes on,before I replaced the oil it was coming at 40km/h.I really need your help guys
    Bhai get it scanned and note the fault code otherwise nobody will be able to help u out

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fjnhanna View Post
    my shift problem started after a battery change what x can i do to restore same settings 2008 Mark x
    What sort of shift problem battery change does not have to do anything with transmission

Plus battery change would have been done in 10 mins max this does not resets ecu if that what you have in mind

Ecu reset takes it to factory setting and ecu will adopt driving behaviour after 500 to 700 km driving if ecu ia reset

Sent from my LG-H811 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List