Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: toyota premio engine oil reduction

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    basitjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default toyota premio engine oil reduction

    hi fellows
    i need expert openion from dear members. i have just got toyota premio 2006, 1800 cc. i dont know which oil previous owner used.i change oil with GTX 20w50.i noticed some oil reduction after 1000 km.havent noticed any bad smoke,infact i noticed water throwing from silencer in morning.
    members pls tell me that should i consult mech? is it engine weakness?what should i do.pls give openion.

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    do you have the direct injection engine?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    water throwing doesn't mean a healthy engine it means that your car's exhaust system is free of carbon and the exhaust inner temperature is very low and the old 2zz (I hope I named it right) had some oil reducing engine nothing to worry about

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    basitjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    sir jee sorry i dont know abt direct injection engine.its the one originally in toyota premio 2006, 1800cc. non cvt

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    2006 Premio is VVTI EFI 1800 the every same 2ZR FE engine is now offered in 11 Gen Toyota Corolla 1.8 Grande Variants by Indus Motors. 10W-30 will be fine for the engine. - Please do check the PCV valve incase it is clogged replace it with a NEW item
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    This car has 1ZZ-FE. Pretty badass engine, it had issues with oil reduction but was in early 1ZZ's only. 10W40 would be good if engine has clocked somewhere near 200k. Replace PCV valve cheapest item to solve oil reduction. Use OEM filters. I also have altis which has 1ZZ FE clocked 95k i use 5W40 drain it after 5k and it reduces about 1/2ltr. so this is pretty normal.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    2006 Premio is VVTI EFI 1800 the every same 2ZR FE engine is now offered in 11 Gen Toyota Corolla 1.8 Grande Variants by Indus Motors. 10W-30 will be fine for the engine. - Please do check the PCV valve incase it is clogged replace it with a NEW item
    Capsat, he's already using 20W50 and is consuming engine oil. You have suggested him 10W30. I think it will further add to oil consumption. What you say?
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,479
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basitjamil View Post
    hi fellows
    i need expert openion from dear members. i have just got toyota premio 2006, 1800 cc. i dont know which oil previous owner used.i change oil with GTX 20w50.i noticed some oil reduction after 1000 km.havent noticed any bad smoke,infact i noticed water throwing from silencer in morning.
    members pls tell me that should i consult mech? is it engine weakness?what should i do.pls give openion.

    thanks
    Please quantify what "some oil reduction after 1000 km" actually means. Do you have to add oil constantly between oil changes? Do you notice blue smoke from the exhaust?

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    basitjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    actully i recently baught this car,dont know which oil previous owner used,i change with GTX 20w50,noticed abt 1 to mm reductiom on dip stick. den i change it with liqui moli 5w30 coz some body told me that this the best oil for this car,now will see as it has run only 100 km yet.
    i havent noticed any bad r blue smoke from silencer,even on 5 to 6 rpm there was no bad r blue smoke from silencer.
    plz clearify that from exhaust u mean silencer or some thing else?

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,479
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basitjamil View Post
    actully i recently baught this car,dont know which oil previous owner used,i change with GTX 20w50,noticed abt 1 to mm reductiom on dip stick. den i change it with liqui moli 5w30 coz some body told me that this the best oil for this car,now will see as it has run only 100 km yet.
    i havent noticed any bad r blue smoke from silencer,even on 5 to 6 rpm there was no bad r blue smoke from silencer.
    plz clearify that from exhaust u mean silencer or some thing else?
    A 1 mm reduction is nothing to worry about. Yes, by exhaust I mean "silencer". Just keep an eye on the level throughout this oil change interval and see what happens.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    basitjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    sir do u think that 5w30 will work and is suitable for this car specially in summer

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    Capsat, he's already using 20W50 and is consuming engine oil. You have suggested him 10W30. I think it will further add to oil consumption. What you say?
    OEM Specs for these VVTI engines in our region is 10W-30, The user manual recommend it . - The Toyota 3S shops are using 10W-30.

    BTW allow me to ask why would oil consumption go high if " 10W-30 " is used ?

    toyota premio engine oil reduction -1566149
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,330
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    OEM Specs for these VVTI engines in our region is 10W-30, The user manual recommend it . - The Toyota 3S shops are using 10W-30.

    BTW allow me to ask why would oil consumption go high if " 10W-30 " is used ?

    toyota premio engine oil reduction -1566149
    Sir Toyota dealership even uses 20W50 petron in 2ZR clocked 10k.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    OEM Specs for these VVTI engines in our region is 10W-30, The user manual recommend it . - The Toyota 3S shops are using 10W-30.

    BTW allow me to ask why would oil consumption go high if " 10W-30 " is used ?

    toyota premio engine oil reduction -1566149
    Well when engine has done considerable mileage, moving parts clearances increase and engine requires overhaul. If overhauling (top or major) is not done, engine starts consuming oil at a quantifiable rate. To prevent this or to reduce this, a THICKER oil than one recommended by manufacturer is used to further drive the vehicle with less oil consumed.

    This is the reason that some manufacturers recommend a thicker oil if the vehicle has done 100,000 KM as compared to a new one. Now our friend here is already using 20W50, the thickest multi grade oil available in market and is experiencing oil consumption. Hence, with thinner oil the oil consumption will increase.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Ok Thank you for an insight for Lubes
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    ustaad_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @basitjamil

    Sir please let us know the milage of your car. And i am surprised no one asked.

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    basitjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ustaad_007

    sir 1,10000.km
    1lac 10 thousand km on odo meter

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    basitjamil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ustaad_007

    sir 1,10000.km
    1lac 10 thousand km on odo meter

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    ustaad_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @basitjamil

    If its 110,000 km done then you are using wrong oil, you should use 5W30 or maximum 10W30 not above then this.

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    Well when engine has done considerable mileage, moving parts clearances increase and engine requires overhaul. If overhauling (top or major) is not done, engine starts consuming oil at a quantifiable rate. To prevent this or to reduce this, a THICKER oil than one recommended by manufacturer is used to further drive the vehicle with less oil consumed.

    This is the reason that some manufacturers recommend a thicker oil if the vehicle has done 100,000 KM as compared to a new one. Now our friend here is already using 20W50, the thickest multi grade oil available in market and is experiencing oil consumption. Hence, with thinner oil the oil consumption will increase.
    so you are saying the oil control rings get shot at 100,000 kms?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •