1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Need Help with OBD2 port installation to a 3SGE BEAMS Blacktop

Hello. As the title of this post suggests, i am in need of help with installing an OBD2 port to my 3SGE Beams Blacktop. This particular engine and the ECU are from a JDM Altezza which, as per my knowledge and research, did did come with an OBD2/DLC3 port (although it wasnt completely OBD2 compliant unlike Lexus IS200 for US). AFAIK, the ECU for this engine runs a JOBD (ISO 9141-2/ISO 14230 KWP2000 protocol) which can be picked up by the new android scan tools like Torque Pro etc, with some modifications.

The engine wiring loom did not have a DLC3 connector or wiring attached anywhere when it got picked up. So what i basically need help with is the connections of the OBD2, to and from the ECU or any other device. If anyone here has any diagrams or links which could help me with the connections to the port actually used on the Altezza or the Blacktop 3S BEAMS, that would be really great. I know basic stuff as to where the BATT power, CG, SG, TC, Tacho and K-Line(Signal) should connect to. What i am missing out on (i think) is:
    1 - What are the volts for the K-Line?
    2 - Where to get the L-Line connection from?
    3 - Can the Main Ground/Chassis Ground be used for the Sensor Ground wire too?

These are the main questions i have in mind right now. I am using a Bluetooth OBD2 scanner on a Torque Pro Android application atm. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To Exactly Find Out....You Need Alteeza Manual To Hunt It....Since Its Not AN OBD-II....So I Hardly See Any Use Of It....!

Its Almost Just As Same As OLD Toyota ..Your TC Pin Will Work AS TE1 In This Case

Sensor Ground Is Usually A Separate Junk Of Ground Hooked On Engine From Loom Separately Which Have All Sensors Ground
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Need Help with OBD2 port installation to a 3SGE BEAMS Blacktop -1583344

This May Help
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all thank you for your responses capsat and GTR.

Now i was digging around for more info on the matter and i managed to find the actual DLC3 pinout for altezza. The pins used in it are:

4 - Main Ground
    7 - ISO/K-Line
    9 - Tacho
    13 - TC
    14 - CAN/L-Line
    16 - Batt 12+

Which actually arises more questions than it clears, lol. To start off with, there is no pin-5 (sensor ground). If i had to make sense of that i would have guessed that it was prolly strapped to pin-4 (main ground) as there is no way it would work without one regardless of the protocol it uses. Then, what is the CAN-Low doing on pin-14 (its supposed to be an ISO 9141/KWP2k, LOL, and ISO are supposed to have L-line(optional) on pin-15). So yeah its become a bit more confusing now, lol.

The points you raised are valid GTR. If it isn't OBD2 then why go through so much hassle? The thing is that even though it isn't OBD2 it is something akin to it but in complicated JOBD. (No one ever understood why Japanese do what they do and im not claiming to do so either, lol). Nevertheless it still connects to OBD2 scanners and behaves in almost the same manner. You can see live feed off of all the sensors (which is just awesome), tune the engine parameters within the ECU's limit and most importantly, check for OBD2 error codes
    and clear them.

The diagram you linked helped clear somethings bro but im afraid its not for the blacktop. If im correct thats a Redtop/Grey top BEAMS schematic since it only shows a SINGLT vvti on the intake cam.I have connected the DLC3 port on my BEAMS in the exact same manner but it doesnt work. I think it needs a Low signal too to initiate the sequence and this is what i cant find. Even then if you could send me the complete diagram to see where all these wires are heading to (the TC one especially) that'd be great.

Im still looking for help and clearing out some of the confusions if possible so please let me know whatever u guys think of the above-said things. Thanks a ton.

Cheers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post the ecu part no here it will be numerical no. By seeing those part no I can help you finding the right diagram and letting you through right ways. All other ways are waste of time.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank You for offering to help rajaatta.

The ECU part number is 89661-53070. Lemme know if u need me to tell you something else abt the engine etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@styngray were you able to get it to work? i am in the same situation, have the 1g-fe (beams) engine which comes in the is200, the ecu wiring did not have the dlc3 port, i tried working with the k-line on pin 7, along with 4,5 ground and 12v pins but couldnt get by adapter to connect using torque pro. Any help would be appreciated

thank you

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List