1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Our new purchase - TLC-80 series 1995 model

Our new purchase TLC-80 series 1995 model original multi-valve. The purchase was made 2 weeks back but couldn't find time to post the pictures. The jeep is owned by me and one of my friends.

Our new purchase -1664328Our new purchase -1664329Our new purchase -1664330Our new purchase -1664331Our new purchase -1664332Our new purchase -1664333Our new purchase -1664334

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

4x4 working, differential lock working, AC working, cool box working.

The engine was overhauled by the previous owner and just had run like 1500km after the overhaul. But the jeep was having issues with the acceleration. We were a bit stressed as we had no experience of diesel engines plus jeeps before so were not sure what was the issue. Finally we got a reference from someone to visit a workshop at multan road. This saturday we took the jeep there and the issue found was with the nozzles. Nozzles were in bad health and one was literally not working. And nozzles is for which the previous owner was claiming with full responsibility that he got the replaced with new ones. But you know people lie just to sell. We got them replaced with new ones and the engine is back to its life and we feel relieved also.

Now one issue remaining is the gear shifting. The second gear shifts to third a bit quick than it should be. And going at normal speed when we push the accelerator hard it sometimes does not shift to lower gear. One thing the previous owner asked us to change was TPS. So anyone has any idea is it the TPS or is it something else?

After getting it mechanically fit plan is to get a fresh paint in a month or two, remove those lights on top, remove the safe-guards and install original head lights.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Feels you near ring road.
    Any plan to sell lights? Do let me know in case positive

Further, any solution for gear problem, I feel the same in my rig. Plz inbox me your contact if we can talk a while

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mmsiddique View Post

Further, any solution for gear problem, I feel the same in my rig. Plz inbox me your contact if we can talk a while

Brother no plans of selling lights right now. I want to make it mechanically fit first and then focus on exterior.

I got injectors replaced with brand new, diesel pump repaired yesterday which had main rotor in real bad condition. Its replaced with a brand new one also. But the gear shifting is still a problem. I am yet not sure what is the issue with it. It shifts 1st, 2nd, 3rd too quick from stand still

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mmsiddique View Post

For the gear issue the TPS wires were not connected from day when that is why the jeep was going into third gear so quickly and even on flooring on third gear it was missing the kick down. The previous owner changed that sensor 3 times but I think his electrician was not good to connect it properly (its original connectors were missing on one side) so they thought the sensors were bad. I got the wires connected properly and the sensor was all good which the previous owner told me is not working so i need to replace. Now the gear shifting is all good

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair.aziz View Post
    For the gear issue the TPS wires were not connected from day when that is why the jeep was going into third gear so quickly and even on flooring on third gear it was missing the kick down. The previous owner changed that sensor 3 times but I think his electrician was not good to connect it properly (its original connectors were missing on one side) so they thought the sensors were bad. I got the wires connected properly and the sensor was all good which the previous owner told me is not working so i need to replace. Now the gear shifting is all good
    really glad to know that problem has been solved.
    btw congratulations for buying this monster. enjoy the ride. check the gear oil and differential oils too.
    may i know the price you bought?
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    really glad to know that problem has been solved.
    btw congratulations for buying this monster. enjoy the ride. check the gear oil and differential oils too.
    may i know the price you bought?
    The pump and injector issue someone gave us estimate of 10-50k and we spend 45k on it but glad now its going great.

Did check the gear oil as well. Had to put in 2 cans as it was low. But diff oil will get it checked on saturday.

Actually the previous owner seemed to had enough of spending on it as they had to get the engine overhauled as well. So they definitely saved money on injectors as they bought from Badami bagh which must be used ones i believe. And the pump rotor was polished one. So we got both replaced with brand new

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair.aziz View Post
    We bought it for 15.5 including missing tokens. The pump and injector issue someone gave us estimate of 10-50k and we spend 45k on it but glad now its going great.

Did check the gear oil as well. Had to put in 2 cans as it was low. But diff oil will get it checked on saturday.

Actually the previous owner seemed to had enough of spending on it as they had to get the engine overhauled as well. So they definitely saved money on injectors as they bought from Badami bagh which must be used ones i believe. And the pump rotor was polished one. So we got both replaced with brand new
    These 4x4 are actually very strong vehicles.
    Once these are properly maintain with original parts and with right set of fluids, then they last very longer. Not like old Khyber or Margala, everyday we have to run for electrician or mechanic to do this or that. The parts of these jeeps are solid because most of jeeps are used for offroad drives.
    So maintain it once and enjoy for long.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations get its transmission wiring checked/redone by a good electrition !
    Has it been converted to 7 seater ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanrasheedpsh View Post
    Congratulations get its transmission wiring checked/redone by a good electrition !
    Has it been converted to 7 seater ?
    I think its been converted to 7 seater by the previous owner

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List