Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 1jzgte air flow setup

Asalamo Alaikum,

as many of you know my thread in the nissan section that i am doing a Skyline R32 gtst project with a 1jzgte vvti setup in it.

everything has been done, but i am not able to find the AIR FLOW Sensor( MAF Sensor) which works with this engine. this engine is out of a JZS171 toyota crown majesta 2001 model, which uses a MAF sensor with part number 22204-46020 , now i ordered this maf sensor online but i think the website sent me a bad sensor or a wrong one bcoz its not working properly and engine still runs rich and crapy, secondly the part number on the sensor was rubbed off, so i am guessing they sent me a wrong sensor and rubbed of the number so that i cant be sure about it.

what help i need from the fellow pakwheels who have tunned or have worked with this engine please tell me if there is any other MAF sensor available in our local markets which can work with this engine.

OR anyone can convert the MAF to MAP sensor application, i have trust Greddy Emanage ecu to tune the engine to maximum power, on stock applications. so i believe if someone can install the Emanage and change the MAF to MAP then this could help me.

so far the help i have got from local car electricians are useless.. they just claim that they can make the engine smooth, but after trying they say no we cant, so now i need someone who really can do it for sure.

anyother input would be helpful as well.

regards,
    Thanks in advance.
    Ali Shehzad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shezyworld View Post
    Asalamo Alaikum,

as many of you know my thread in the nissan section that i am doing a Skyline R32 gtst project with a 1jzgte vvti setup in it.

everything has been done, but i am not able to find the AIR FLOW Sensor( MAF Sensor) which works with this engine. this engine is out of a JZS171 toyota crown majesta 2001 model, which uses a MAF sensor with part number 22204-46020 , now i ordered this maf sensor online but i think the website sent me a bad sensor or a wrong one bcoz its not working properly and engine still runs rich and crapy, secondly the part number on the sensor was rubbed off, so i am guessing they sent me a wrong sensor and rubbed of the number so that i cant be sure about it.

what help i need from the fellow pakwheels who have tunned or have worked with this engine please tell me if there is any other MAF sensor available in our local markets which can work with this engine.

OR anyone can convert the MAF to MAP sensor application, i have trust Greddy Emanage ecu to tune the engine to maximum power, on stock applications. so i believe if someone can install the Emanage and change the MAF to MAP then this could help me.

so far the help i have got from local car electricians are useless.. they just claim that they can make the engine smooth, but after trying they say no we cant, so now i need someone who really can do it for sure.

anyother input would be helpful as well.

regards,
    Thanks in advance.
    Ali Shehzad
    Any update on your swap bro?

Work until your signatures become an autograph!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yeah, i changed the engine.. now i have a MAP based engine. its a twin turbo 1j

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shezyworld View Post
    yeah, i changed the engine.. now i have a MAP based engine. its a twin turbo 1j

Glad you did the smart thing and ditched the problem infested VVTi 1J/2J .... I have nothing but hate for the newer gen JZ engines , a complete basket case of electrical and tuning gremlins
    The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List