Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Mark X Fan Club

Hi guys
    i thought to start Beauty Fan Club. love the car but hope to buy one .

Share ur ride and collection of Mark-x Info pics etc

- Toyota Mark - X Fan Club - -512384

The Toyota Mark X (Japanese:???????X??????) is a mid-size automobile created by Toyota for the Japanese market. The Mark X was introduced in 2004 and is manufactured in Kanegasaki, Iwate, Japan. Also sold in China as the Toyota Reiz, it is available with either a 3.0 L or 2.5 L (215PS/212hp) Toyota GR series V6 engine. The engines offer dual VVT-i (variable valve timing) with gasoline direct injection. The rear-wheel drive models have a 6-speed automatic transmission as standard, and the all-wheel drive models have a 5-speed automatic.

The Mark X is the successor to the Toyota Mark II, which was first introduced in 1968. Although the vehicle features an impressive interior with quality that can be categorized as a luxury sedan, it is aimed at the middle market.

Specifications:

Model : 250G
    Layout : Front-Engined, RWD
    Weight : 1510kg
    Engine Model : 4GR-FSE
    Engine : DOHC Water Cool V6 24 Valves
    Compression Ratio : 12.1
    Capacity : 2499 cc
    Bore x Stroke : 83x77
    Max Power : 158 (kW/rpm) [215hp] / 6400rpm
    Torque : 260 Nm / 3800rpm
    Suspension (Front / Rear) : Double-Wishbone / Multi Link
    Brakes (Front / Rear) : Ventilated Disc Brakes / Disc Brakes
    Fuel Tank : 70 Litres
    Length : 4730mm
    Width : 1775mm
    Height : 1445mm
    Wheelbase : 2850mm
    Tread-Front : 1525mm
    Tread-Rear : 1520mm
    Min Ground Clearance : 150mm
    Standard Rims : 16"

- Toyota Mark - X Fan Club - -512385

- Toyota Mark - X Fan Club - -512386

"The messenger of Allah said: "Islam is to testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, to perform the prayers, to pay the zakat, to fast in Ramadhan, and to make the pilgrimage to the House if you are able to do so." He said: " You have spoken rightly", Jebreel (Gabriel) from Number 2 of "Al-Nawawi's Forty Hadiths."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The new mark x G sport has killed the competition

Toyota Mark X Fan Club -1573202Toyota Mark X Fan Club -1573203Toyota Mark X Fan Club -1573204

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by john2 View Post
    The new mark x G sport has killed the competition

Toyota Mark X Fan Club -1573202Toyota Mark X Fan Club -1573203Toyota Mark X Fan Club -1573204
    They should launch a limited production of GS's with a 6-speed manual gearbox. It would suit the GS Edition, VERY well.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hasham30 View Post
    I am interested in getting a 250 G Mark X for my self but I have a few queries from the Mark X owners.
    1. What are all other functions/advantages of the built in/original multimedia/navigation system (which comes in Japanese language) except the climate control features, fuel average indicators and passenger audio control facility.
    2. There is a version of Mark X (probably a lesser grade model) which comes with after market systems and not the original multimedia system. Dont you guys think its a better option to put in a upgraded system (Android) of your own choice with local functional navigation and wifi and also can be connected to the steering wheel controls instead of the built in system where most of the features are rendered useless due to the language issues.
    3. In models with out the built in multimedia system where are the climate control and fuel average readings displayed. (As far as I know it is on the LCD below the main system but I am not sure). Also what is the package (G/F) of the vehicles with out built in multimedia systems.
    4. Since the arrival of Mark X's in Pakistan, owners have been trying to solve the Japanese language issue on the interface. Has there been any success in that or you just need to learn and live with the existing system.
    5. What is average mileage of 250 Mark X variants in Km/L.
    6. Can I get a good condition 2005, 250 G with less than 100k Kms in a budget of 2.3-2.5 Million?

Feed back from worthy Mark X's owners is eagerly awaited, Thanks in advance, Hesham
    The following answers to your questions are from my hands-on experiences.

1. Nothing, the Navigation system nor the G-Book works in Pakistan. Those are the critical features, which makes the built-in factory TV/NAV valuable. The benefits of this unit here will be using it's touch-screen climate control system, back-up camera, auto-parking system (if your car is equip with it) and last but not least for attaching a DVD changer in order for it to play DVD's.

NOTE: Vehicles equip with OEM TV/NAV's tend to have a higher after-sales (re-sale) value.

2. The new Android and Pioneer/Sony/Alpine multi-media DVD players have a lot of features these days. For example: Built-in HDD's, Aux, USB, Blu-ray playback, SD card option, auto-save and so on. It is actually better to have an after-market head-unit unless you want to keep the ''originality''.

3. The vehicles without the OEM TV/NAV have physical buttons with a narrow LCD, right below the media player panel. The OEM TV/NAV is a factory option. It came optional in the F, G and even Type S package.

4. You have to deal with the Japanese language format, you will get use to it. As the Mark X is a Japan-only model there are no Japanese to English language conversions available.

5. If properly maintained a 250G Mark X will give you anywhere between 6.5-8.5 Km/L, depending upon your driving style and environment.

6. You can most certainly. Here in Karachi, a decent 2004/2005 Mark X 250G can be bought in between 18-23 lacs. Depending upon the options, mileage, color and overall condition (mechanical and physical).

I hope all your questions have been answered.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_murti View Post

1. Nothing, the Navigation system nor the G-Book works in Pakistan. Those are the critical features, which makes the built-in factory TV/NAV valuable. The benefits of this unit here will be using it's touch-screen climate control system, back-up camera, auto-parking system (if your car is equip with it) and last but not least for attaching a DVD changer in order for it to play DVD's.

NOTE: Vehicles equip with OEM TV/NAV's tend to have a higher after-sales (re-sale) value.

2. The new Android and Pioneer/Sony/Alpine multi-media DVD players have a lot of features these days. For example: Built-in HDD's, Aux, USB, Blu-ray playback, SD card option, auto-save and so on. It is actually better to have an after-market head-unit unless you want to keep the ''originality''.

3. The vehicles without the OEM TV/NAV have physical buttons with a narrow LCD, right below the media player panel. The OEM TV/NAV is a factory option. It came optional in the F, G and even Type S package.

4. You have to deal with the Japanese language format, you will get use to it. As the Mark X is a Japan-only model there are no Japanese to English language conversions available.

5. If properly maintained a 250G Mark X will give you anywhere between 6.5-8.5 Km/L, depending upon your driving style and environment.

6. You can most certainly. Here in Karachi, a decent 2004/2005 Mark X 250G can be bought in between 18-23 lacs. Depending upon the options, mileage, color and overall condition (mechanical and physical).

Thank you very much Bro for a detailed reply that has cleared most of my queries. But I thought 6.5-8.5 km/L is the mpg for 300 versions of Mark X. The 250 versions should do better as owners were quoting their mpg's in 8-10 km/L range. Thanks once again Bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also I am from Rwp/Isb, here the base price is 2.3 million of cars with average features and a lot of miles. The good ones are in the range of 2.6-2.8 million.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you very much Bro for a detailed reply that has cleared most of my queries. But I thought 6.5-8.5 km/L is the mpg for 300 versions of Mark X. The 250 versions should do better as owners were quoting their mpg's in 8-10 km/L range. Thanks once again Bro
    These engines are not fuel economy friendly. The fuel economy difference between the 250G and the 300G isn't huge, it's quite minimal.

Also I am from Rwp/Isb, here the base price is 2.3 million of cars with average features and a lot of miles. The good ones are in the range of 2.6-2.8 million.
    Yikes! Good luck with finding a clean car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These engines are not fuel economy friendly. The fuel economy difference between the 250G and the 300G isn't huge, it's quite minimal.

Yikes! Good luck with finding a clean car

Thanks Bro for your worthy input

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mark X is one sexy beast, the closest I can get here would be a Lexus GS and that's a big NO.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam o alaikum all,
    Nice discussion and very good insight about mark X.
    My brother wants to buy a Mark X 250G 2005 and after meeting the owner he said that his car has TRD suspension which is much superior than the normal as it has electronic shock absorbers!!!
    Need to know whats the difference between TRD suspension, electronic shock absorbers and normal one in Mark X 250G 2005 model?
    Need expert opinion of my brothers plz
    thnx for the thread for providing us the opportunity to discuss and know things about mark X.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by exquisite27 View Post
    Asalam o alaikum all,
    Nice discussion and very good insight about mark X.
    My brother wants to buy a Mark X 250G 2005 and after meeting the owner he said that his car has TRD suspension which is much superior than the normal as it has electronic shock absorbers!!!
    Need to know whats the difference between TRD suspension, electronic shock absorbers and normal one in Mark X 250G 2005 model?
    Need expert opinion of my brothers plz
    thnx for the thread for providing us the opportunity to discuss and know things about mark X.
    Wailkumusalam trd is Toyota racing division and it has nothing to do with electronic suspension its all about performance when comes to trd
    Anyways mark x sports version has electronic shocks and is the car interior black if yes than this is a sports version I have the same version
    Converted electronic suspension is a big no engine gives a good mileage.

Although parts are expensive and only original parts available no Chinese version

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx dear for a quick reply.

Your guess is rite and the car has complete black room inside with full options.
    1. i could not get what you said "
    Converted electronic suspension is a big no engine gives a good mileage." ???? can u explain it for me as u say it a big no and than u also say that its fuel efficient?
    2. What are the chances of malfunction of electronic shocks and r they more reliable than the normal one? and what about their repair enroute or travelling?
    3. whats the preferred choice between sports and other version?
    4. what could be the approximate price of a well kept 250g full op (push start, auto parking, traction con, black room with electronic shocks etc)?

looking forward for input on the questions plz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx dear for a quick reply.

Your guess is rite and the car has complete black room inside with full options.
    1. i could not get what you said "
    Converted electronic suspension is a big no engine gives a good mileage." ???? can u explain it for me as u say it a big no and than u also say that its fuel efficient?
    2. What are the chances of malfunction of electronic shocks and r they more reliable than the normal one? and what about their repair enroute or travelling?
    3. whats the preferred choice between sports and other version?
    4. what could be the approximate price of a well kept 250g full op (push start, auto parking, traction con, black room with electronic shocks etc)?

looking forward for input on the questions plz
    Converted electronic suspension means not factory fitted done by some locals so that's a big no if original as u stated its good to go
    Yes if engine is in a good condition its a nice fuel efficient car with all power n accessories
    They don't malfunction they just needs replacement once life completed. But price is quite high I got 4 shocks for 85k
    And these are not repairable. However if u want to convert it to normal shocks u just need to replace electric shocks with normal one they cost around 50k plus for 4 shocks
    It should have stock 18 inch rims
    Preferred choice is Always sports version as it has all 300g premium options. But get it checked completely from somewhere before buying is the car in black color with isb number n series?
    Well people ask around 2.6 million to 2.7 million so it depends for how much owner wants to let it go it one bell of a car u need to understand how to drive it and where to push the pedal otherwise u will be ending in workshops for repairing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother where is the trip computer located in cars without built in head unit.. can't find in mine.. in the dashboard it only shows the outside temperature.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asif002 View Post
    brother where is the trip computer located in cars without built in head unit.. can't find in mine.. in the dashboard it only shows the outside temperature.
    There are two long buttons with your car meter (speed meter). Left one is for trip display. Right one is for led lights dimming of meter.
    Hope this helps.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam o Alaikum all, Can some one explain about the main variations between a 2004/2005 Sports version Mark X and others,,, especially about the shocks absorber behavior on bumps and humps?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by killervtec View Post
    There are two long buttons with your car meter (speed meter). Left one is for trip display. Right one is for led lights dimming of meter.
    Hope this helps.
    thanks. bro... but wanted to know that I would i change the outside temperature display into avg fuel and fuel range.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam o Alaikum all, Can some one explain about the main variations between a 2004/2005 Sports version Mark X and others,,, especially about the shocks absorber behavior on bumps and humps?
    Regular or standard version= No traction control, no multimedia steering controls, standard suspension, no sun shade, no auto lights, no passenger door controls, no 6 CD changer, no OEM navi screen, no 18 inch wheels, no auto parking, no leather seats, no seat heating, no passenger side powered seat, rear AC etc...

250G S (sports version)= Traction control (button is under the steering column, left side of steering column, light will illuminate when TRC is off), powered sun shades (very rare though), active suspension (very, very rare), sport mode button next to TRC button, suspension setting button next to TRC button as well (it will have a picture of a car shock on it), auto parking (button will be to the side of the OEM navigation screen, will be 1 inch big, will have an icon of a car turning its wheels), original navigation screen which will be embossed with no gaps and will say TOYOTA when turned on (will have radio controls, AC controls for passenger side and rear AC, auto parking instructions etc etc...), multimedia steering controls with passenger side audio controls, 6 way powered and heated leather seats (can be black or either beige), 6 CD changer, 18 inch 5 spoke alloys, trunk lip spoiler, automatic lights (like in a Mercedes or a BMW), automatic rain sensing wipers (not very reliable as they don't always detect water) etc...

300G (top of the line version. It is not usual for a 300G to have all the options but they usually do like some even don't have TRC but some do and some don't have auto parking while some do).= A top of the line 300G Premium will have the sunroof and cruise control and including all the options I've mentioned above.
    Regarding suspension, Mark Xs with electronic suspension adjust their suspension according to the road you are driving on. If road is bumpy, it'll become soft. If is flat and the car is at high speed, it will choose the hard setting to give the driver more feel of the road. Ones with electronic suspension absorb bumps and are very comfortable on bumpy roads, the standard Mark X is also comfortable but there is a noticeable difference between the ride quality. The Mark X also has a speed sensitive steering wheel, it gets stiffer as your speed increases and softer as your speed decreases.
    Its very rare to find a Mark X with cruise control so don't worry if you don't find one with that option. All of the features I've mentioned are options so they may vary from car to car.

Hope I was able to answer your question.
    Feel free to ask anything.

Weren't you inclined towards Mercedes Benz before?
    The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Leather package means that it comes with leather seats, F package means its 4WD, Premium means its top of the line (usually people put fake 300G Premium badges on their cars, very common).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam o alaikum Akram salman,
    thnx for ur elaborate explanation of the features but my question about shocks performance still remains at large!!

I'm not only inclined but determined to buy a merc and found a well maintained E 200 2007 for which negotiations are still under progress

My brother wants to buy a Mark X and he has the same passion for X as i have for merc and if u follow my earlier comments on this thread its explained there.
    since i don't have much of the knowledge about X aswell so i thought to get the help of my brothers on this too.

very glad to see ur comments on X aswell, indeed quite impressive.

i have seen a X sports but during test drive the shocks were felt to be bit jerky uptill speed of 80 and after that they were fine, so need comments on the performance of electronic shocks, plz

thnx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@exquisite27

The behavior of the shocks of a Toyota Mark X depends on the terrain you're driving on.
    If your Mark X has the electronic shocks, it will have a softer ride on lower speeds as compared to the standard Mark X with the regular shocks.
    On higher speeds, the electronic shocks will stiffen (make the ride a bit hard) to allow the driver to have a better feel of the road and to improve the handling on high speeds. A Mark X with the standard shocks will have a softer and slightly wobbly ride on higher speeds due to the shocks not stiffening. All cars with soft suspension wobble at high speeds. The Corolla has a softer suspension as compared to the Civic thus it does not handle as well as the Civic on high speeds.

On regular speed-breakers or bumps, a Mark X with the electronic suspension will absorb the bump and you will feel it less bumpy as compared to the standard Mark X with standard shocks.
    @capsat, @SER_GTR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

User Tag List