1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1396299

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1396300

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1396301

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1396302

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam. Couple of days ago, installed new tyres for my passo 2007 after using old stock tyres for almost 2.5 years. Did proper homework before finally buying the tires. The old tyres were of the DOM December 2006 (Falken 155/80R13), means they ridiulously lasted for more than 7 years (or lasted forcefully ). I was really confused about 2 things

1) tyre width: All major brands of tyres rarely comes in 155 mm width (OES), so the ultimate choice was 175 mm alongwith a side wall of 70% (have a look at attached pics for sidewall and width). The increased width of the tyre was rightly offset by the sidewall of 70% i.e 122.5 mm which is almost same as the sidewall of the old stock tyres:125mm (80% of 155 mm). So, the height of the tyre remained almost same. The only difference the increased width has on car is increased road grip. As far as fuel economy is concerned , its almost unaffected because the 20mm increased width (175-155) just makes the tyre to undergo almost 5 excess rotations per mile.

2) Brand Selection: After mingling in the world of brands and their respective models, selected Dunlop SP-70e despite of the fact a few people here in pakistan are not big fan of dunlop. Reason???? Well i selected Dunlop to find the reason Dunlop is one of the 7 premium brands of passenger tyres. BS (bridgestone B250 were available for same price but did not select them bcz they seemed to be hard). Continental and Michelin tyres are way expensive for a 1000 cc (less than a TON heavy) vehicle with just 6000 to 8000 Km mileage in city only per annum. So, after some research, based my selection criteria on factors like "Date of Manufacture (DOM)", "Temperature" , "Treadwear" and "Traction" .... So, Dunlop SP70e just qualified on merit...DOM: December 2013 (freshest in market), Treadwear:400 (qiute reasonable) , Traction"A" (means v.good grip) and Temperature"B" (means suitable for normal temperatures, "A" temperature means suitable for hot temperatures only , so "B" would be fine for winter too.

Bought them from Saif Traders for 18000 (4500 each) with 2 years warranty and 50,000 kms...which is not bad in this price.

Hope i dont find that "reason" anytime soon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont know why people keep on buying these abused and accidented dinkies and then complain of strange issues. There is no doubt that the quality of JDM cars is better but you also have to consider that they are used and abused. You are bound to face issues. You bought a high mileage abused vehicle. The only exception is if you import it yourself.
    None of the brave deserve fair....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear rocker111 : plz buy one more tyre as spare, i bought branded tyres long time back and one of the tyre got damaged after year & i failed to find a single tyre similer design/type at last i sold my rest 3 and bought general

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a spare one , hope It will remain unused for atleast couple of years..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rocker111 View Post
    salam. Couple of days ago, installed new tyres for my passo 2007 after using old stock tyres for almost 2.5 years. Did proper homework before finally buying the tires. The old tyres were of the DOM December 2006 (Falken 155/80R13), means they ridiulously lasted for more than 7 years (or lasted forcefully ). I was really confused about 2 things

1) tyre width: All major brands of tyres rarely comes in 155 mm width (OES), so the ultimate choice was 175 mm alongwith a side wall of 70% (have a look at attached pics for sidewall and width). The increased width of the tyre was rightly offset by the sidewall of 70% i.e 122.5 mm which is almost same as the sidewall of the old stock tyres:125mm (80% of 155 mm). So, the height of the tyre remained almost same. The only difference the increased width has on car is increased road grip. As far as fuel economy is concerned , its almost unaffected because the 20mm increased width (175-155) just makes the tyre to undergo almost 5 excess rotations per mile.

2) Brand Selection: After mingling in the world of brands and their respective models, selected Dunlop SP-70e despite of the fact a few people here in pakistan are not big fan of dunlop. Reason???? Well i selected Dunlop to find the reason Dunlop is one of the 7 premium brands of passenger tyres. BS (bridgestone B250 were available for same price but did not select them bcz they seemed to be hard). Continental and Michelin tyres are way expensive for a 1000 cc (less than a TON heavy) vehicle with just 6000 to 8000 Km mileage in city only per annum. So, after some research, based my selection criteria on factors like "Date of Manufacture (DOM)", "Temperature" , "Treadwear" and "Traction" .... So, Dunlop SP70e just qualified on merit...DOM: December 2013 (freshest in market), Treadwear:400 (qiute reasonable) , Traction"A" (means v.good grip) and Temperature"B" (means suitable for normal temperatures, "A" temperature means suitable for hot temperatures only , so "B" would be fine for winter too.

Bought them from Saif Traders for 18000 (4500 each) with 2 years warranty and 50,000 kms...which is not bad in this price.

Ii have heard they are hard

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hardness also depends on how old Is the tire and how long it has remained unused.. it also depends on variants (models) of a specific brand...I didn't buy Bridge stone bcz they were harder and they were 7 months old as compared to the ones I got. In general, they are not hard..if you find fresh ones

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hardness also depends on how old Is the tire and how long it has remained unused.. it also depends on variants (models) of a specific brand...I didn't buy Bridge stone bcz they were harder and they were 7 months old as compared to the ones I got. In general, they are not hard..if you find fresh ones
    Would you recommend me these tyres? Because I was in search of the good ones and the ones I have are yokohama and they are way too expensive.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After viewing this thread, I know a lot about Passo. I like its decent shape and want to buy one after selling my Liana.
    Take it easy driving...The life you save may be mine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

im thinking of upgrading to 14inch wheels.. or 15 low profiles.. and come camber angle..

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1397387

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1397388

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aj6828 View Post
    im thinking of upgrading to 14inch wheels.. or 15 low profiles.. and come camber angle..

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1397387
    If you want to install 14" rims then only install 175/65R14 size which will also make your tire assembly LOW PROFILE. As u can see the side wall becomes shorter in this size, i.e 65% of 175mm is just under 114mm which is less than the stock size sidewall of 124mm (80% of 155mm) - switching to 15" rim would not be a very gud idea!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqarhassanpk View Post
    Would you recommend me these tyres? Because I was in search of the good ones and the ones I have are yokohama and they are way too expensive.

If you have a budget, then go for Maxxis or Michelin Energy xn2 , you may get them for around 23K..

otherwise, Dunlop SP70e or Hankook Optima (made in korea) are excellent ....recommended .....but don't buy tires earlier than 40th week of 2013...and buy from trusted dealers...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

Saif Traders, Good Choice Bro. THey are Reliable
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

they are, indeed!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqarhassanpk View Post

If you have a budget, then go for Maxxis or Michelin Energy xn2 , you may get them for around 23K..

otherwise, Dunlop SP70e or Hankook Optima (made in korea) are excellent ....recommended .....but don't buy tires earlier than 40th week of 2013...and buy from trusted dealers...
    When i bought my passo back in November i went for Bridgestones B250, 175/70/R13. It cost me around 18k something since i used a reference as well and gave away old tyres for around 2500. I keep pressure to 28 in front two and 30 in the rear. So far mast mahool...really enjoying the ride
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

check this out guys new redesigned passo with better fuel consumption
    Redesigned 'Passo' Compact Hatchback Launched in Japan | TOYOTA Global Newsroom

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List