1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I need some suggestion. My Passo windscreen little crack . What should i have to do. Prevention of crack or change windscreen.Could i find windscreen in Karachi? if yes where i can find? Please let me know.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your reply!

Everything else seems fine but the mileage is a let down because I was reading people's posts here and they have mentioned mileages hovering around the 20km/litre mark. If it is not a hybrid then does not really make sense to buy it. I actually was looking to buy the Passo to replace my cultus which is used on CNG (whenever it is available) which is used a lot on daily basis i.e. a lot of driving around the city (say at least 100kms a day). So what you have told about the mileage is pretty disappointing and will not suite me given the daily running of the car which is required.

What would you suggest?
    Quote Originally Posted by khpk View Post
    The Drive is awesome but every jdm demands some maintenance and repairs before you use them as your daily partner. particularly it lies in steering, wheel baring, clippers, and front excel you may be lucky to have no work in your car if you try to buy one with less mileage under 25000 km.

once you will use any JDM you will forget the bad time in hot weather and Passo Hana Plus Climate Control AC keeps you chilled in any weather. i some time park my car in very hot shiny lane but it takes hardly 3 mins to make the atmosphere pleasant. long story short the AC is very powerful and smart.

mileage is not bad my Passo gives me 13km plus in hot weather with moderate foot drive and AC on all the time and you wont believe in winter season without AC it was giving me 16km despite the fact that i am not a light foot driver. come on its simple petrol car means non hybrid.

in JDM you hardly get maintenance issues in which parts are not available. usually every thing is available in the markets except body parts but it takes no time to any supplier to call the parts from other region of the world. even toyota 3s claims that they each n every thing of JDM except body parts like lihgts, bumpers side mirrors etc. what we usually do in karachi when we dont get some specific part we buy used parts of vitz from local kabari market of shershah and almost every thing is compatible with passo because vitz and passo has same 1KR-FE engine.

remember this formula:
    Pakistani Vehicle = frequent maintenance X cheap parts.
    JDM = rear maintenance X expensive parts. (compares to mehran only otherwise pakistani vehicle parts are expensive then jdm)

if you have any further question please feel free to write here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ExPliCi7 View Post

Everything else seems fine but the mileage is a let down because I was reading people's posts here and they have mentioned mileages hovering around the 20km/litre mark. If it is not a hybrid then does not really make sense to buy it. I actually was looking to buy the Passo to replace my cultus which is used on CNG (whenever it is available) which is used a lot on daily basis i.e. a lot of driving around the city (say at least 100kms a day). So what you have told about the mileage is pretty disappointing and will not suite me given the daily running of the car which is required.

What would you suggest?
    Hybrids are a little expensive.....although passo isnt one but its better than the PKDM mileage......Secondly if somebody asked me i opted for passo because i cant afford a hybrid at the moment.....but it does the trick non the less.....a good replacement for my beloved coure which was on CNG....atleast i dont have to wait in lines no more and worry about fuel consumption...
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jiggerzzzz View Post
    Hybrids are a little expensive.....although passo isnt one but its better than the PKDM mileage......Secondly if somebody asked me i opted for passo because i cant afford a hybrid at the moment.....but it does the trick non the less.....a good replacement for my beloved coure which was on CNG....atleast i dont have to wait in lines no more and worry about fuel consumption...
    A new passo has been introduced by toyota , with eco idol and avg of 27.1 km/l , it would give us 20 locally in Pakistan

"Being critical doesn't mean you care.Being helpful does"
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    A new passo has been introduced by toyota , with eco idol and avg of 27.1 km/l , it would give us 20 locally in Pakistan

:O like recently launched in Japan??? damn if its good looking i want one
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jiggerzzzz View Post
    :O like recently launched in Japan??? damn if its good looking i want one
    It was launched in 2013 or 14

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

trying to google it but no luck :-s......so far the one i found is of the same specs as the current one we have in pk
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz90 View Post
    check this out guys new redesigned passo with better fuel consumption
    Redesigned 'Passo' Compact Hatchback Launched in Japan | TOYOTA Global Newsroom
    @jiggerzzzz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    @jiggerzzzz

a beaut....only if they could also add an RPM meter
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ExPliCi7 View Post

What would you suggest?
    Dear Brother,

please note that there is a big difference in Passo and Cultus, if we only compare the CNG mileage with petrol then we will might miss the core difference of features and build quality of JDM compares to PKDM. Passo 2010 onward is CVT Automatic which you will find in CIVIC and NEW City and might Suzuki will introduce it in NEXT CENTURY. Passo Hana Plus has climate control AC which you will find only in Corolla Altis (not even in GLi and XLi) or in Civic. Passo has Hydraulic adjustable driving seat which i have not seen yet or don't remember if it is there in new civic. Passo comes along the retractable led indicator mirrors which again you will only find in expensive variants of Toyota and Honda even GLi has manual LED indicator versions. Every part of Passo has a sensor even if your silencer gives you problem it indicates and pin point to the right problem instead of dismantling the entire car. Passo Interior leg space is better then Cultus or even equals to any big size car it is spacious. Passo Mileage without AC is far better then CNG (in winters it gives 16km) because CNG Filling is not less then a hassle and wastage of time or we will have to reschedule our daily routine for easy filling. mostly JDMs has pre installed navigation system which is not available in cultus ever.

now if you realize that these features are not countable in such reasonable budget then it will be little insulting to this Piece of Best Designed and Build Passo.

you can also explore the option of 660cc jdm cars if you don't carry the much load in your car and drive alone mostly. 660cc car can give you better mileage withing city drive with less load inside if you drive it under 80km speed.

now choice is yours. Remember when you decide to buy any JDM hybrid or non hybrid please buy the car with less mileage weather you have to pay more for it or not and better if you take some expert along for detail checkup before finalizing the deal.

Kind Regards LoLs

12. 07-05-2014, 03:59 PM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi to all. can someone email me the manual for toyota passo 2004? my email is newmen24@gmail.com
    Thanks guys!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi to all. Can you send me manual for passo 2004 in english. My email is newmen24@gmail.com thank you so much!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear ExPliCi7
    Mileage depends upon many factors so the numbers quoted are very variable. I will share my experience with you, may be it will help you decide. I own Passo 2010, purchased it two months back. I live in Lahore. Last week I travelled to Murree/Bhurbun and on my way back decided to estimate milage. I got fuel tank filled to brim from Islamabad just before hitting the motorway. Next day I travelled from Lahore to Shahkot, a town 100 km from Lahore short of Faisal abad that was sunday. Next day I went to my work and before reaching home got tank refilled to brim and estimated mileage. It was 20.6 km/liter. Total distance travelled since last fill was 665 km. Half of the time AC was on. On motorway and highway I mostly drive between 90-100 km/hour with lightfoot. Out of this distance travelled 100 km was city drive and rest motorway and highway.
    The milage calculated during city drive is hugely variable because traffic conditions are much more inconsistent than highway.
    The onboard mileage calculator is not reliable and consistently overestimates milage. During above mentioned travelling it showed milage between 23.3-21.5 km/liter, never less than that.
    I hope my experience will help you in decision making. Best of luck.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Recently I had the engine oil of my 2010 Passo Hana changed from Toyota Capital Motors Isb. They used Toyota Genuine Motor Oil and Toyota Genuine Oil Filter which cost around Rs.1400. Since the oil+filter change, the fuel mileage of my Passo has dropped from 15km/l to 13km/l with light-footed driving.
    Need some suggestions on how to increase the fuel mileage of my car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Manual for PASSO 2004

Hi again. Can I ask for an english manual for my toyota passo 2004? any links? Please share. thank you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by newmen View Post
    Hi again. Can I ask for an english manual for my toyota passo 2004? any links? Please share. thank you
    Check your email pal. Thanks to jigggeeerrrsszz who reinvented the manual in English

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrH.Pasha View Post
    Recently I had the engine oil of my 2010 Passo Hana changed from Toyota Capital Motors Isb. They used Toyota Genuine Motor Oil and Toyota Genuine Oil Filter which cost around Rs.1400. Since the oil+filter change, the fuel mileage of my Passo has dropped from 15km/l to 13km/l with light-footed driving.
    Need some suggestions on how to increase the fuel mileage of my car.
    They I think reset your fuel consumption to minimum or to factory standard because it happens with every one. Now try to recall when you had changed the oil last? If it is first time then try recall that you were driving your passo in winters and mostly without AC so i be reason also that now can't drive without AC in such hot weather.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys just want to ask something about the speedometer. when in standby it doesn't go down to zero it still in 10 kph and in motion if I reach the speed of 50 kph in my gps its only 40. Any idea?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by newmen View Post
    Hi guys just want to ask something about the speedometer. when in standby it doesn't go down to zero it still in 10 kph and in motion if I reach the speed of 50 kph in my gps its only 40. Any idea?
    Get your speedometer calibrated!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved