1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

were you able to sort out the problem I have a 2006 passo and the O/D light blinks intermittently too and the check engine like comes On as while . I have tried to replace the camshaft sensor no change. Any ideas

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want to ask that how to flush 2011 Toyota PASSO CVT oil?? where is the CVT Fluid filling port (eg TC in case of vitz)?? I can see cvt dipstick in PASSO unlike vitz. Is there a plastic filling port in drain plug like vitz??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you don't have a tc port, it probably has to be filled through the dipstick line.. If o remember correctly, the drain procedure is the same as vitz or corolla
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ecu_designer View Post
    I want to ask that how to flush 2011 Toyota PASSO CVT oil?? where is the CVT Fluid filling port (eg TC in case of vitz)?? I can see cvt dipstick in PASSO unlike vitz. Is there a plastic filling port in drain plug like vitz??
    mine is Passo 2007, non-cvt
    when i got its ATF changed from Toyota I-9, they filled the oil from dipstick port.
    jiyo aur jeenay do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello!
    I am thinking of buying a passo Hana plus and want to know about its specs etc. Like navigation interior exterior space etc. I would appreciate links to pics.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear all,

My diahatsu boon AC was not working that well (guzara like), i went to a mechanic he said AC gas is a little less, he filled up some gas and disconnected heater pipes and after that it was completely gone. Another mechanic said that diahatsu mira and boon has slightly diff AC gas than what all mechanics have. He said i should not have filled gas and now i should go to toyota dealership. Although it says HFC 134a gas for diahatsu boon. Has anyone else faced similar issue ? how much does toyota charge for gas ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zilgen View Post
    Dear all,

My diahatsu boon AC was not working that well (guzara like), i went to a mechanic he said AC gas is a little less, he filled up some gas and disconnected heater pipes and after that it was completely gone. Another mechanic said that diahatsu mira and boon has slightly diff AC gas than what all mechanics have. He said i should not have filled gas and now i should go to toyota dealership. Although it says HFC 134a gas for diahatsu boon. Has anyone else faced similar issue ? how much does toyota charge for gas ?
    If it says 134a then no problem all of these fill 134a , he wanted to scare you so next time you'll visit him

Treat others the way you want to be treated
    Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he was an AC guy too, he could have said you got the do number gas filled ... let me do it right for ya and charge me 3k. he instead recommeded me to go to toyota ...

anyways have you got AC gas filled from a roadside mechanic on passo or boon ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ecu_designer View Post
    Dear Brother,

I recently changed my Passo 2011's CVT fluid from filter house. The whole procedure took 45-50 minutes and i must say that the technicians were really qualified. Toyota original CVT costed me Rs 3800 and Rs 800 for labor. Procedure is same as VITZ. They filled the oil through DIPSTICK port.
    ‘Whosoever chooses to follow guidance, follows it for his own good; whosoever goes astray, goes astray to his own loss.’ (al-Isra’ 17: 15)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can someone tell that what is the normal RPM when car is idling normally and when we switch on the AC???

my car normally idles at 800 RPM and when i switch AC it goes to 1500...is it ok or do i need to tune it up???
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickybhai View Post
    can someone tell that what is the normal RPM when car is idling normally and when we switch on the AC???

my car normally idles at 800 RPM and when i switch AC it goes to 1500...is it ok or do i need to tune it up???
    900 rpm without A/c and with it goes till 1000 rpm

Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    900 rpm without A/c and with it goes till 1000 rpm

so my car is idling fine and i don't need to tune it...
    does your engine rattles while idling???
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello but sorry, i can't help you.
    I'm new on this forum and i don't speak English very well.
    I'm buying a DAIHATSU SIRION 1.5 VVT SPORTY (french version), i have few technical manuals but i don't fine the dashboard/instrument panel manual.
    Does anyone have this notice ?
    Regards,
    ZAIL
    zailcri@gmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

More precision :
    Daihatsu sirion II 1.5 vvt 103 sporty 2008
    engine 3SZ-FE
    1495 cm3 ( 91.2 cu-in )

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does anybody have the software of nsdn-w59 system?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For software w59 & all others please call or text 03335100605

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All,
    I have bought Passo 2012, Its almost very new and the mileage on the meter was 13.5K approx. The problem i am facing with it is the Average mileage on meter it is showing 8.8Km/L Approx, The results are very disappointing I was expecting to get minimum 14Km/L as i have seen many people claim on the forms. Please help me in this regard, Thank you.

The second thing is that i didn't took my ride for Toyota inspection yet is it necessary, If yes then what are the things they will change in my car.

Will be waiting for a experienced response, Thank you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Toyotal Passo smoke problem.

Salam all,
    I have Passo 2007. It was in perfect working condition till last weekend. I drove from Isb to Mansehra with no issues at all. Its on Patrol, never installed CNG.
    Then on Saturday, my cousin borrowed the car and when he came back in the car was not working properly. It was shaky and it wasn't accelerating at all. when i tried in Neutral gear, it took race after shaky & vibrational start. but i couldn't get it to accelerate.
    Next morning, i took it to mechanic. he look at the the engine and then told me one of the cylinders is not working. and i should get it checked from computerized tune up shop. i went to one, he checked and told me one of the injectors (the middle one among three) was clogged. He cleaned it with some carbon removing spray and installed it back.
    Now, the car still shaky and no acceleration too, it starts blowing heavy white smoke from the exhaust tip. When i asked "Ustad" why is it blowing smoke now? he replied that because of clogged injector, the cylinder didn't had any fuel. now it got the fuel so now its gonna smoke. To fix it, i should fuel up my car 15liters of patrol and then put engine oil of PKR 50 in the fuel tank and then drive around at high RPMs. it will fix the problem. I didn't do it. I really didn't buy his whole story and the solution. so i came back to the first mechanic. He then changed the coil of second cylinder to the coil of first cylinder and everything settled down. car is accelerating normally, everything back to normal.
    But i am worried about the white smoke. Its not there at lower RPMs but when i try the higher RPMs, its blowing white smoke. Mechanic says,its because of the liquid which the guy used to cleanup the injector and the car will go back to normal in few days. It will stop blowing smoke.
    Is it right? Should i leave it as it is now? won't that harm engine or anything? or should i replace the injector?
    Please help me figure out a solution. or suggest me a good mechanic/workshop/tuneup in Isb who really knows about these cars.

P.S: there was no issue at all with car engine before the weekend. No engine oil decrease, no smoke, no pick problem. Infact, it was in water dropping condition.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I own a Passo 2007, and my AC was also not working upto the mark. So i went to my trustworthy AC mechanic in G-8. He sat with me in the car and check the AC and also checked the gas. He replaced the Air Filter for the AC (Located behind the glove compartment) which was totally clogged and refilled a bit of gas. he also placed a perfumed card (which i already had in my car) on the AC air filter. Now, the blower is working great and smells very refreshing and also its chilling.
    I would highly recommend you to visit him. He is a very nice and humble guy. You can give him my reference (Aamir Tanoli) and he will charge you appropriately. AND call him and setup a meet before visiting him, normally he is a very busy guy.
    Universal Car AC, G-8.
    Abu bakar,
    0300-9192687
    Quote Originally Posted by zilgen View Post
    he was an AC guy too, he could have said you got the do number gas filled ... let me do it right for ya and charge me 3k. he instead recommeded me to go to toyota ...

anyways have you got AC gas filled from a roadside mechanic on passo or boon ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shnawaz View Post
    Dear All,
    I have bought Passo 2012, Its almost very new and the mileage on the meter was 13.5K approx. The problem i am facing with it is the Average mileage on meter it is showing 8.8Km/L Approx, The results are very disappointing I was expecting to get minimum 14Km/L as i have seen many people claim on the forms. Please help me in this regard, Thank you.

The second thing is that i didn't took my ride for Toyota inspection yet is it necessary, If yes then what are the things they will change in my car.

Will be waiting for a experienced response, Thank you.
    Dear nawaz bhai,

It is important to know that when your car was sent on periodic inspection in japan there must be maintenance card hanging some where near by your car steering.

Then try to change oil, air filter, oil filter, and spark plug in one go. Recommended oil grade is 0w20 (any brand will do) and if you can't find this grade in market then go for 5w30 grade. Everything mentioned above are available at auto care pharmacy, malik autos. Make sure you buy the right stuff particularly plugs for 1krfe engine. It will be better to if you will match the stuff you buy from market with the installed stuff.

Oil change will cost you 100 to 150 which includes the replacement of air filter and oil filter. While spark plugs replacement make cost you 150 to 200.

You don't need to take your passo to Toyota as they don't change anything but charge more even some time they pour wrong grade oil which spoils your mileage so make simple just give car for complete wash any service station and ask them to avoid using water dropping cloth on doorand window controllers.

If you are looking for good Japanese car mechanic then you can visit asghar autos where Ali is the person who does brilliant work of jdms.

Please also check that you are driving your passo on econo mode green light on while driving and keeping your foot light.

Hoyee this will make the clear difference between your past and post experience. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to write or contact me here.

Regards

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List