1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by khpk View Post
    Dear nawaz bhai,

It is important to know that when your car was sent on periodic inspection in japan there must be maintenance card hanging some where near by your car steering.

Then try to change oil, air filter, oil filter, and spark plug in one go. Recommended oil grade is 0w20 (any brand will do) and if you can't find this grade in market then go for 5w30 grade. Everything mentioned above are available at auto care pharmacy, malik autos. Make sure you buy the right stuff particularly plugs for 1krfe engine. It will be better to if you will match the stuff you buy from market with the installed stuff.

Oil change will cost you 100 to 150 which includes the replacement of air filter and oil filter. While spark plugs replacement make cost you 150 to 200.

You don't need to take your passo to Toyota as they don't change anything but charge more even some time they pour wrong grade oil which spoils your mileage so make simple just give car for complete wash any service station and ask them to avoid using water dropping cloth on doorand window controllers.

If you are looking for good Japanese car mechanic then you can visit asghar autos where Ali is the person who does brilliant work of jdms.

Please also check that you are driving your passo on econo mode green light on while driving and keeping your foot light.

Hoyee this will make the clear difference between your past and post experience. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to write or contact me here.

Regards
    Thanks a lot, This information was a great help i really appreciate your reply and time given to my post, Can you please also send me the address of the places you mentioned in your post, Thank again for your time and support really appreciate that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by shnawaz View Post
    Thanks a lot, This information was a great help i really appreciate your reply and time given to my post, Can you please also send me the address of the places you mentioned in your post, Thank again for your time and support really appreciate that.
    Mechanic : Ali - Asghar Autos (Near Daata Murgh Cholay Hotel Tariq Road) 03323022587 reference Kamran Bhai (with beard apple green passo)

All Maintenance related items like coolant, oils, oil filter, spark plugs, belts other parts etc. Auto Care Pharmacy Bilal Bhai, Malik Auto Toyota, and Japan Auto. All Located at Plaza near Tibet Center ideal time to visit 11:30 morning to 120 noon.

if you need any other detail please feel free to quote me again

Massalam Warehmatullah

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which brand has 5w30 engine oil? And I have been pouring 3L of oil in my passo. Is 3L sufficient because i've read some people pour 3.1L?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrH.Pasha View Post
    Which brand has 5w30 engine oil? And I have been pouring 3L of oil in my passo. Is 3L sufficient because i've read some people pour 3.1L?
    If you are in Karachi then it is available in Toyota genuine oil tin pack at autocare or you can also check korean oil kixx which has both grades available otherwise 0w20 hard to find the market. 3 liter is absolutely ok.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ZIC has XQ 5w40 grade which i have been using in my passo...
    ZIC also has 5w20 and 0w20, you can check them on ZIC website...they also deliver at your house
    If you need genuine ZIC then get it from Khan autos in phase 1 DHA, its official distributor of ZIC
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I see that some Passos have ECO mode so I'm guessing its fuel consumption may be quite better than a non-ECO Passo or any other non-ECO 1000CC car (like Vitz).

If anyone of you own a Passo with ECO feature, please tell about the fuel consumption in city driving with and without AC?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas9 View Post
    I see that some Passos have ECO mode so I'm guessing its fuel consumption may be quite better than a non-ECO Passo or any other non-ECO 1000CC car (like Vitz).

If anyone of you own a Passo with ECO feature, please tell about the fuel consumption in city driving with and without AC?
    Dear Jas,

Its all depends on components you use at first service. Using all recommend components like recommended oil, spark plugs, oil filter, air filter etc you passo should give you at least 14km with ac and 15 to 16km without ac in the city. But if you will suck up in traffic jam then it may reduce to 12km normal conditions. Driving on eco mode is to enhance your mileage you will need to drive with light foot to keep that green eco mode light on which will definitely add more km in your daily driving.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Recommended air filter for passo ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Recommended air filter for passo ?
    All Maintenance related items like coolant, oils, oil filter, spark plugs, belts other parts etc. Auto Care Pharmacy Bilal Bhai, Malik Auto Toyota, and Japan Auto. All Located at Plaza near Tibet Center ideal time to visit 11:30 morning to 120 noon.

Ask for 1KR-FE (engine code of 1000cc passo) AIR FILTER they will confirm about model year etc and that's it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asalam Walaekum all,

I am owning a Toyota Passo 2006 model, and need these fog lights for it. Have any one seen these in market.

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1438834
    GT rules

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

haii...... i'm indonesian... i own toyota passo 2005 model... maybe i'm the only indonesian here ?? because it's very hard to find passo in indonesia.... nice to see passo fan club here.... hope i can join

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by setiawan View Post
    haii...... i'm indonesian... i own toyota passo 2005 model... maybe i'm the only indonesian here ?? because it's very hard to find passo in indonesia.... nice to see passo fan club here.... hope i can join
    Welcome seti you have joined the right club, here will find at least all related information about your passo be present and do share your experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Brother,

I own a Passo with eco mode but in city traffic i am getting 11.5KM/L but in normal scenario i am getting 13.5Km/L on AC with eco mode on and lite foot driving. I have herd people are getting batter mileage then this but that what i am getting from my car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shnawaz View Post
    Dear Brother,

I own a Passo with eco mode but in city traffic i am getting 11.5KM/L but in normal scenario i am getting 13.5Km/L on AC with eco mode on and lite foot driving. I have herd people are getting batter mileage then this but that what i am getting from my car.
    Its a great average bro , what else do you want ? Even my 660 can't do more then 12 with A/C

Treat others the way you want to be treated
    Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MashaAllah My Passo 2010 ECO is giving me 18 KM/L without AC and 16.5 KM/L with AC in City .......... and just had 1 trip on SuperHighway and got 21 KM/L with AC.

bought it in February 2014 and just had one oil change, air filter & Oil filter changed after 3000 KM and used Zic A+

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys & Tyre Gurus,

i have to change the tires on my passo 2010 please recommend best tires that wont disturb my average and Suspension & must be quite on roads need a comfortable soundless drive
    currently they are JDM Stock tires of 13 size
    im planning to go for 14 to avoid hitting the manhoos jumps with full load in car

please suggest with prices if possible..

Thankss...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@khpk

dost where is asghar autos??

Quote Originally Posted by khpk View Post
    Dear nawaz bhai,

It is important to know that when your car was sent on periodic inspection in japan there must be maintenance card hanging some where near by your car steering.

Then try to change oil, air filter, oil filter, and spark plug in one go. Recommended oil grade is 0w20 (any brand will do) and if you can't find this grade in market then go for 5w30 grade. Everything mentioned above are available at auto care pharmacy, malik autos. Make sure you buy the right stuff particularly plugs for 1krfe engine. It will be better to if you will match the stuff you buy from market with the installed stuff.

Oil change will cost you 100 to 150 which includes the replacement of air filter and oil filter. While spark plugs replacement make cost you 150 to 200.

You don't need to take your passo to Toyota as they don't change anything but charge more even some time they pour wrong grade oil which spoils your mileage so make simple just give car for complete wash any service station and ask them to avoid using water dropping cloth on doorand window controllers.

If you are looking for good Japanese car mechanic then you can visit asghar autos where Ali is the person who does brilliant work of jdms.

Please also check that you are driving your passo on econo mode green light on while driving and keeping your foot light.

Hoyee this will make the clear difference between your past and post experience. If there is anything I can do, please feel free to write or contact me here.

Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have a passo 2007 model , kindly suggest me i want to change tyres , what rim size should i go for ??

13" rim is installed by default , now i want to change them with 14" as i want to pick the car little up , i have installed spacers in it .

kindly suggest me what rim size should i install now 13" or 14" ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am in love with racy version
    but few questions
    can CNG work on it
    how are prices of body parts bumpers lights etc
    how is it on speed bumps loaded with 5 adults
    these are my major questions
    and can it racy out run suzuki swift ?
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz90 View Post
    MashaAllah My Passo 2010 ECO is giving me 18 KM/L without AC and 16.5 KM/L with AC in City .......... and just had 1 trip on SuperHighway and got 21 KM/L with AC.

bought it in February 2014 and just had one oil change, air filter & Oil filter changed after 3000 KM and used Zic A+
    Dear Brother, Can you please advise me how do you tune your ride Masha Allah you are getting very good mileage, What shod we do with our ride to achieve that kind of mileage.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List