1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mandvoo View Post
    This might sound weird but my car was giving below 10km/L. Yesterday i took the car to the limit, 150km/h to be exact and after that i went for a long smooth drive then got this mileage. Right now its 12.3km/l which im also pleased with. as i live in karachi
    Mine is giving 12 to 13 KMPL sometimes it crosses 13 KMPL.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Mandvoo
    strange.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Mandvoo lol thats no way to measure inter city mileage. I went recently to islo and did not reset my trip meter. after that now within city it is showing 14.2km/l but that is not correct. If i reset my trip meter and then drive within city it will be around 12.6-13km/l

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can anybody tell me is ther any difference in the resale of both Passo and Boon
    Which one is hot cake???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please tell me somebody
    I want to import one from Japan for reselling
    which one should i import
    Boon or Passo and also whats the price difference of both???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by awais-idrees View Post
    please tell me somebody
    I want to import one from Japan for reselling
    which one should i import
    Boon or Passo and also whats the price difference of both???
    Passo is more common here

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mandvoo View Post
    Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - 415327

Finally Passo matching SOME expectations
    Got my car repaired and back on the roads. On my daily office route i get around 15-16 km/l. Got 17 on motorway at speed of 110

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassannabeel27 View Post
    Got my car repaired and back on the roads. On my daily office route i get around 15-16 km/l. Got 17 on motorway at speed of 110
    Mashallah! Mubarak ho.

Kitnay ka nuskha para?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Who is the best mechanic for passo for suspension and engine and brakes etc?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can you tell me who is the best mechanic in islamabad for passo suspension, brakes etc?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raza1 View Post
    Mashallah! Mubarak ho.

Kitnay ka nuskha para?
    Thanks. Well, one door, one fender, one suspension and four rims were replaced (3 rims were found damaged due to drag in accident). Front bumper, rear bumper and one side of car was repainted. Alhamdulillah workmanship was very good. Kharcha was around 65k

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just bought a Passo today. 2007 model, had 16,000 on the odometer but the export certificate says 55,000. Having read through this thread, I'm planning to take the car to Toyota 3S and get it completely serviced. I have a few questions though.
    1. Why does the pick feel sluggish in first gear? I've noticed this in other Passos I've test driven too. Is it a problem that can be remedied or is that just how it is?
    2. The AC performance seems to drop considerably when idling. Again, is this something that can be fixed? Should I get the AC serviced as well? It was working perfectly while driving on the canal.
    3. Any way at all to change the range of radio frequency? Japanese radios only get FM 76 to 90.
    4. Does the overdrive button affect the pick of the car? Not sure because I didn't really feel any difference with it on. I thought it might've been the equivalent of the sports gear on Vitz.
    5. Does anyone know how to use that 'clean air/ionizer' plasmacluster option? Is it any use at all?

Other than all that I'm quite happy. The interior/exterior are almost brand new, just a slight scratched dent on the front bumper. Seats and matts look unused, tires are pretty much brand new Bridgestone 155/80/R13 with alloy rims (which is odd as most imported cars I went through had terrible tires). The car felt smooth and effortless going up to 90 which is the most I managed in the traffic today. Brakes and handling are excellent. Came with HID lights and according to the dealer has 8 airbags (not sure about that, but other than the front airbags it says 'SRS Airbag Curtain' on all four pillars inside the car). Haven't started measuring consumption yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OD over drive is used for cruising around and also for economy
    if you turn it off ( a light will appear in tachometer ) then you car will change gears at higher RPM (i have observed a difference of 1k RPM)
    so its better to keep it on in daily commuting
    Second is it a 1.0 ?
    and also which did you previously had ?
    If its a 1.0 then you shouldn't expect much from it its built for optimum economy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizla View Post
    Just bought a Passo today. 2007 model, had 16,000 on the odometer but the export certificate says 55,000. Having read through this thread, I'm planning to take the car to Toyota 3S and get it completely serviced. I have a few questions though.
    1. Why does the pick feel sluggish in first gear? I've noticed this in other Passos I've test driven too. Is it a problem that can be remedied or is that just how it is?
    2. The AC performance seems to drop considerably when idling. Again, is this something that can be fixed? Should I get the AC serviced as well? It was working perfectly while driving on the canal.
    3. Any way at all to change the range of radio frequency? Japanese radios only get FM 76 to 90.
    4. Does the overdrive button affect the pick of the car? Not sure because I didn't really feel any difference with it on. I thought it might've been the equivalent of the sports gear on Vitz.
    5. Does anyone know how to use that 'clean air/ionizer' plasmacluster option? Is it any use at all?

Other than all that I'm quite happy. The interior/exterior are almost brand new, just a slight scratched dent on the front bumper. Seats and matts look unused, tires are pretty much brand new Bridgestone 155/80/R13 with alloy rims (which is odd as most imported cars I went through had terrible tires). The car felt smooth and effortless going up to 90 which is the most I managed in the traffic today. Brakes and handling are excellent. Came with HID lights and according to the dealer has 8 airbags (not sure about that, but other than the front airbags it says 'SRS Airbag Curtain' on all four pillars inside the car). Haven't started measuring consumption yet.
    price?
    model?
    color?
    where did u buy from?
    u from?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does your headlight has separate bulbs for high/low beam or single bulb for both??
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadsoulsnatcher911 View Post
    OD over drive is used for cruising around and also for economy
    if you turn it off ( a light will appear in tachometer ) then you car will change gears at higher RPM (i have observed a difference of 1k RPM)
    so its better to keep it on in daily commuting
    Second is it a 1.0 ?
    and also which did you previously had ?
    If its a 1.0 then you shouldn't expect much from it its built for optimum economy
    Thanks for the OD info. Yes, it is a 1.0. I previously had a 2001 Indus Corolla 2.0D which got stolen from the street around two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by suleman793
    price?
    model?
    color?
    where did u buy from?
    u from?
    880k. Model is 2007, colour is greenish yellow. Not sure what it's called, but it's the only one I came across. Bought it from a Jail Road showroom. I'm from Lahore, my profile info hasn't been updated since I registered, used to live in London.

Quote Originally Posted by vickybhai
    Does your headlight has separate bulbs for high/low beam or single bulb for both??
    Separate. Low beam headlights are HID, when I switch on high beam, normal halogen bulb lights up along with the HID.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post Passo 1.0.... 2 wheel, 4 wheel

Chasis No. starting with KGC 10 is 2 wheel drive, whereas KGC 15 is 4 wheel drive and there is lot of diff in price range and mileage for both ofc 1.0, 2 wheel is more fuel efficient. Mostly car with auction sheet are more reliable as there are lot of flood affected cars coming in Pakistan. In order to understand Auction sheets plz visit Understanding a Japanese Car Auction Grade Sheet

This is just for the info in case u r looking for the same car

Btw i am also looking for Toyota Passo in Islamabad, any1 interested in selling can contact me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_Sadiq View Post
    Chasis No. starting with KGC 10 is 2 wheel drive, whereas KGC 15 is 4 wheel drive and there is lot of diff in price range and mileage for both ofc 1.0, 2 wheel is more fuel efficient. Mostly car with auction sheet are more reliable as there are lot of flood affected cars coming in Pakistan. In order to understand Auction sheets plz visit Understanding a Japanese Car Auction Grade Sheet

This is just for the info in case u r looking for the same car

Btw i am also looking for Toyota Passo in Islamabad, any1 interested in selling can contact me.
    Auction sheets are available in Rs.500 to Rs.1000/-. We are Pakistani and Auction sheet is not a Saheefa. Just trust on yourself and get the car inspected an independent mechanic, and go for deal.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Regarding pick being sluggish, what do you expect from a transmission which is probably driven above 100K KMs? That is not a problem. Just change the transmission oil and keep checking it. The interior gets new look here in Pakistan, as I have seen in Karachi, on Khalid bin Waleed Road's adjacent streets, new look is being given to cars.

Well you have got a good deal in 880K, as I myself bought the same model in 875K with few dents on trunk (that was acceptable to be as my wife will drive the car and the car will need some denting painting in near future, lolz).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also I don't know if anyone else has felt this but I think the suspension of Passo is a bit stiff, is it supposed be that way? I was driving Corolla before so it will take some getting used to. Right now with 72 km on the clock (since I filled it up the first time), the average is showing as 10.3 (with AC) which is a bit low. Haven't done any work on the car since I got it as I'm waiting for the weekend to do that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 208 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

User Tag List