Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 4173
Like Tree713Likes

Thread: Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Farukhz7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

    The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

    Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1



  2. #2181
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jiggerzzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,038
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    a few days back when turning my steering full length towards the right its gives a tuk tuk tuk sound......took it to toyota and their diagnosis is steering assembly is the problem :-s dont know how did that happen. the car is not accidental or anything ..was very surprised...took it to auto club they spent almost 2 hours and ruled out all the normal problems like goda and others....and end conclusion was again steering assembly :-s....

    has anyone gone through this issue?
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

  3. #2182
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoinIqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerzzzz View Post
    a few days back when turning my steering full length towards the right its gives a tuk tuk tuk sound......took it to toyota and their diagnosis is steering assembly is the problem :-s dont know how did that happen. the car is not accidental or anything ..was very surprised...took it to auto club they spent almost 2 hours and ruled out all the normal problems like goda and others....and end conclusion was again steering assembly :-s....

    has anyone gone through this issue?
    Yep! Tried this with a few other Boon's and Passo's. Almost all of them have the same problem and so does my own Boon.



    "Speed limits are like herpes. Once you get them, you can never get rid of them." -Jeremy Clarkson

  4. #2183
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jiggerzzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,038
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    Yep! Tried this with a few other Boon's and Passo's. Almost all of them have the same problem and so does my own Boon.



    "Speed limits are like herpes. Once you get them, you can never get rid of them." -Jeremy Clarkson

    did u get it fixed? if so how much was the cost....labor and parts.....

    there is no issue of availability of parts in RWP...plenty available....but id like an idea on what would be replaced and how much would be the estimated cost...


    thanks in adv
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

  5. #2184
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,002
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    Yep! Tried this with a few other Boon's and Passo's. Almost all of them have the same problem and so does my own Boon.



    "Speed limits are like herpes. Once you get them, you can never get rid of them." -Jeremy Clarkson
    This problem was in my pino / alto snd many others , few things changed of suspension and its gone , factorys mechanic did it so don't know!

    Treat others the way you want to be treated
    Always respect your parents

  6. #2185
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoinIqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerzzzz View Post
    did u get it fixed? if so how much was the cost....labor and parts.....

    there is no issue of availability of parts in RWP...plenty available....but id like an idea on what would be replaced and how much would be the estimated cost...


    thanks in adv
    Got it checked. The assembly and everything is all good. Just a manufacturing fault so there's no danger. I didn't get it fixed...
    I'd recommend to get it fixed by Toyota themselves!


    "Speed limits are like herpes. Once you get them, you can never get rid of them." -Jeremy Clarkson

  7. #2186
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickybhai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,448
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Does anyone's car has mugflaps installed and where can i get them installed??
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

  8. #2187
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamza_xeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Abbotabad
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,788
    Follows
    4
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infamous27 View Post
    Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - ur7bHXBl Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - gIXFIZYx

    This is mine. how is it ?
    Place ?

    sent from Jeremy Clarkson
    The men are back. @TGT.

  9. #2188
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassannabeel27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awapro View Post
    Guys!

    Yesterday I took my Passo 2008 to Toyota Rawal Motors for maintenance.

    Problems I was facing for 2 days.
    1. Central locking stopped working. Only driver door was able to lock/unlock through the remote control.
    2. ABS break was not working. Dashboard indication of both ABS and Break were on while car was started.


    They told me that the Toyota Diagnostic software does not detect the Passo. Although one of the technician attached the laptop with the car and tried to scan it but not succeeded. Then it took many hours to detect the problem manually.


    Does any of you has such experience?
    My passo's ABS lights come on during rainy season due to extra humidity. The sensors need cleaning.

  10. #2189
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    us000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,519
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newmen View Post
    What are the maximum size of speakers that can be installed at the rear sides of passo 2004? Thanks
    you mean rear doors ?

    they can fit the 6 inch speakers max
    jiyo aur jeenay do

  11. #2190
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    us000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,519
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nouman.kh View Post
    salam brothers i m also an passo buyer ,i m about to change gear oil of my car , its my first time to change gear oil, so i have no idea about it, what oil should i buy for it and is there any filter comes in automatic gear oil ?
    which model is yours ?

    as gear oil is not a routine matter, so betther get it changed from toyota.
    i got my passo's 2007 ATF changed from toyota I-9 islamabad,
    i think for about 7500 Rs. (3000 oil, and 3500 labour)

    if you have budget, get it done from toyota, otherwise some local good mechanic, who will not ruin the car;s gearbox.

    passo 2004 to 2009 have ATF oil,
    passo 2010 onwards have CVT oil
    jiyo aur jeenay do

  12. #2191
    PakWheeler Follow
    fairleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pak pattan sharif
    Age
    33
    Posts
    279
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    as salam o aliqum
    can any body give price idea of 2012 imported and registered passo model 2006. ??

  13. #2192
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fairleo View Post
    as salam o aliqum
    can any body give price idea of 2012 imported and registered passo model 2006. ??
    8 to 9

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  14. #2193
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoinIqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Properly drove my Daihatsu Boon (2012) for the first time since delivery in May. Here are my thoughts:
    1. I'm going to have to get the transmission fluid changed as the gear shifts aren't as smooth as they should be.
    2. The car is spacious, comfortable even in fast acceleration and fast cornering although there is a bit of body roll in tight bends.
    3. The onboard fuel average calculator is wrong, completely wrong! The harder and faster I drove the better average I got.
    4. It's a joy to drive fast and it sounds incredible. It generally has the sound of a turbo charged car and at speeds about 80 it whistles like it's supercharged. Best of both worlds!
    5. It feels slow with the A/C on but without it no lack of power is felt.
    6. 0-80 KPH is about 11.3 sec. Couldn't do a 0-100 as the road (it was a straight road leading to a dead end so it was safe.) wasn't long enough.
    Brilliant car all round and definitely worth buying!


    "Speed limits are like herpes. Once you get them, you can never get rid of them." -Jeremy Clarkson

  15. #2194
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,002
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    Properly drove my Daihatsu Boon (2012) for the first time since delivery in May. Here are my thoughts:
    1. I'm going to have to get the transmission fluid changed as the gear shifts aren't as smooth as they should be.
    2. The car is spacious, comfortable even in fast acceleration and fast cornering although there is a bit of body roll in tight bends.
    3. The onboard fuel average calculator is wrong, completely wrong! The harder and faster I drove the better average I got.
    4. It's a joy to drive fast and it sounds incredible. It generally has the sound of a turbo charged car and at speeds about 80 it whistles like it's supercharged. Best of both worlds!
    5. It feels slow with the A/C on but without it no lack of power is felt.
    6. 0-80 KPH is about 11.3 sec. Couldn't do a 0-100 as the road (it was a straight road leading to a dead end so it was safe.) wasn't long enough.
    Brilliant car all round and definitely worth buying!


    "Speed limits are like herpes. Once you get them, you can never get rid of them." -Jeremy Clarkson
    There are no gear shifts in CVT transmission lol

    Treat others the way you want to be treated
    Always respect your parents

  16. #2195
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,002
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    which model is yours ?

    as gear oil is not a routine matter, so betther get it changed from toyota.
    i got my passo's 2007 ATF changed from toyota I-9 islamabad,
    i think for about 7500 Rs. (3000 oil, and 3500 labour)

    if you have budget, get it done from toyota, otherwise some local good mechanic, who will not ruin the car;s gearbox.

    passo 2004 to 2009 have ATF oil,
    passo 2010 onwards have CVT oil
    3500 labour ? thagg liya

    Treat others the way you want to be treated
    Always respect your parents

  17. #2196
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoinIqbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,111
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    There are no gear shifts in CVT transmission lol

    Treat others the way you want to be treated
    Not gear shifts, didn't describe it properly, but there were jerks during acceleration...


    "Speed limits are like herpes. Once you get them, you can never get rid of them." -Jeremy Clarkson

  18. #2197
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,002
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Oh Okay!

    Treat others the way you want to be treated
    Always respect your parents

  19. #2198
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    us000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,519
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    3500 labour ? thagg liya

    Treat others the way you want to be treated

    All the toyota dealers of isb were charging the same,

    aap ne agr kabhi toyota se kaam karwaya hoga to phir ap ko bhi pata hoga bhai
    jiyo aur jeenay do

  20. #2199
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    huzaifa.haroon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,002
    Follows
    10
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    All the toyota dealers of isb were charging the same,

    aap ne agr kabhi toyota se kaam karwaya hoga to phir ap ko bhi pata hoga bhai
    Oil change krna 10 min ka kaam hay you can D.I.Y , btw honda charge 300 or 500 for CVT oil change!
    Next time ill do it myself

    Treat others the way you want to be treated
    Always respect your parents

  21. #2200
    PakWheeler Follow
    smokenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ us000 - i need your help , i have tried to reach you via PM but your inbox is full so i cannot send you a PM.

    can you please give me your email address.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •