1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    Oil change krna 10 min ka kaam hay you can D.I.Y , btw honda charge 300 or 500 for CVT oil change!
    Next time ill do it myself

Treat others the way you want to be treated
    han right, but as its my first automatic car, ooper se japanese, to i dont want to do any harm to its transmission, oil konsa roz change kerwana he, 40 thousand km baad
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smokenn View Post
    @ us000 - i need your help , i have tried to reach you via PM but your inbox is full so i cannot send you a PM.

can you please give me your email address.

Thanks
    you can send a pm now, or eemail me salman.se@gmail.com
    jiyo aur jeenay do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    you can send a pm now, or eemail me salman.se@gmail.com
    Thank you bro, email sent.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default some Info about Passo Keyless Entry with Immobilizer

when Passo's come from factory, there are following keys with it:
    Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - ?ui2

you can start with these keys:

- remote (1) inside car, and you can rotate the ignition switch.

- small key (2) can only locl/unlock the doors but cannot rotate the ignition.

- large key(3) can lock/unlock doors as well rotate the ignition even if there is no remote with you.

cz the immobilizer chip is built in remote (1) and large key (2), but not in the smaller key.
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anyone show how is the rear view camera installed in passo...i mean how is it mounted on the bumper???
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi! Some help needed, I have seen a passo I like but need help with the auction sheet verification. Can anyone help please?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Passo 2006 model

AOA
    I have bought Toyota Passo from some my friend its model is 2007 and it was imported in 2011. I have bought it in 8 lac.

I have read all the thread from the very first page till the last and it took me almost three weeks to read it as i read 5 or 6 pages daily.
    All members contribute their best. I have get very useful information and answers of plenty of questions raised in my mind from it. It is my first automatic car as i was having suzuki mehran before it

I have some questions/queries regarding it.

1) Can i find good mechanic in lahore for toyota passo?

2) Can any one show me the location of MAF sensor and O2 sensor via pics? (i went to some mechanic and asked him to clean MAF and O2 sensor and believe me he did not reply except staring at me lolz)

3) In city i am getting 11-12 km/l and on long drive i am getting 13-14 km/l. is it ok?? (I have changed engine oil, oil filter and air filter)

4) Should i change transmission oil??

5) When i drove on motorway it does not go above 120 even with full pedal pressed. What is the reason?

6) Its pick is also low??

7) Does passo come with mud mats???

I will be grateful if you will read my post and comment

Regards
    Basit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA
    I have bought Toyota Passo from some my friend its model is 2007 and it was imported in 2011. I have bought it in 8 lac.

I have read all the thread from the very first page till the last and it took me almost three weeks to read it as i read 5 or 6 pages daily.
    All members contribute their best. I have get very useful information and answers of plenty of questions raised in my mind from it. It is my first automatic car as i was having suzuki mehran before it

2) Can any one show me the location of MAF sensor and O2 sensor via pics? (i went to some mechanic and asked him to clean MAF and O2 sensor and believe me he did not reply except staring at me lolz)

3) In city i am getting 11-12 km/l and on long drive i am getting 13-14 km/l. is it ok?? (I have changed engine oil, oil filter and air filter)

5) When i drove on motorway it does not go above 120 even with full pedal pressed. What is the reason?

Regards
    Basit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear fellow Passo owner's

Please help, i have a 2007 passo for the last 2 years now and a few months back its power steering started showing moods. It would work sometimes and other times it wont. The EPS (electronic power steering) light comes on too and steering gets hard and too heavy to drive. I got the sensor changed and still it was the same. About 3 weeks back i got it checked again and an electrician scanned it, cleared errors and it was working fine, 'bingo'

The very next day it has come back again to its mood swing position and works now and them. Not back to a total jam situation but works if i start the car and switch it off a fee times. Finally works after starting a few times in second or third attempt. I think this might be a problem with the electric motor (or whatever its called) that holds the sensor. If so how much should it be for and whats the best source un Lahore to get it? Bilal Gunj or Montgomery Road. Advice welcome and required.

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by ballii95 View Post
    AOA

Regards
    Basit
    The average of my car is also 11-12 in city with A/C, but its a rushy traffic drive and careless one so please give that margin. The pick is what a 1000cc auto should have. Not so rapid and thats understandable. As far as top speed is concerned: mine goes till 140, but its scary so not recommended at all. Considering the grip and control (afterall its a small car) max should be 100-120. As far as changing transmission oil is concerned. I suggest since u dont know how long it was parked or in transit or what environmental exposure and rest it went through before coming back to routine use: change all oils and filters etc. Get your car tuning done as well. 3S toyota must be able to give u these services. Don't know of a professional Passo mechanic. Actually have been searching a good reasonable one myself for Passo. Please share info if anyone has in this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickybhai View Post
    Can anyone show how is the rear view camera installed in passo...i mean how is it mounted on the bumper???
    depends on which camera do you have

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - 1188458d1368957993 toyota janaese ndda w55 dvd navi software cd sale reverse camera dsc 0532

i have installed this, by mounting it above the number plate bracket
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by goonerific View Post
    Hi! Some help needed, I have seen a passo I like but need help with the auction sheet verification. Can anyone help please?

there are many topics on how to read auction sheets, search pakwheels, or check the first 2-3 pages right now, there are many threads.
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by goonerific View Post
    This was just posted on the Toyota Prius Fan Club... (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...us-fan-club-63)

"Choosing the car you drive is like choosing your wardrobe, maybe even more important." -Vin Diesel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    depends on which camera do you have

i have installed this, by mounting it above the number plate bracket
    i just need some ideas as to how to do it without drilling the bumper...is the license plate light camera available for passo???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ali.archilounge

The average of my car is also 11-12 in city with A/C, but its a rushy traffic drive and careless one so please give that margin. The pick is what a 1000cc auto should have. Not so rapid and thats understandable. As far as top speed is concerned: mine goes till 140, but its scary so not recommended at all. Considering the grip and control (afterall its a small car) max should be 100-120. As far as changing transmission oil is concerned. I suggest since u dont know how long it was parked or in transit or what environmental exposure and rest it went through before coming back to routine use: change all oils and filters etc. Get your car tuning done as well. 3S toyota must be able to give u these services. Don't know of a professional Passo mechanic. Actually have been searching a good reasonable one myself for Passo. Please share info if anyone has in this matter.

Thank you Ali bhae for your reply. Regarding mileage issue, a lot of passo users here are getting 14-15 km/l with AC and some are getting more than this. May be they have new model Passo or something like this. Yup i know 140 is not recommended but it should go upto 150 out of 180. Hmm i have already changed engine oil, air filter and oil filter but transmission oil and spark plugs are yet to be changed.
    Cleaning of MAF sensor and O2 sensor also improve mileage as far as i know. I have searched a mechanic in Defense i will visit him soon and will share my experience with you..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA All memebers
    Any one here who wants to sale fog lights for Passo???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Where can i get genuine wipers of passo??? will corolla wipers fit???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys, I was planning to buy a jdm in 660-1000cc range so visited my dealer and had a little chat with him and checked out some cars aswell. I have pretty much decided that i ll go for passo hana plus fresh import but i still have some queries:
    1. I am buying a jdm for the first time so what are the things i should check, i can trust the dealer 80% as he is a family friend and we have been dealing with him for like 10 years or so, so i wont be worried much about the documentation and condition of the car but still as buying a jdm for the first time are there any things i need to keep in my mind? ( btw wo 20% margin islye chora he coz after all he is also a pakistani )
    2. What do you guys think will be a good deal for a 2011-12 passo hana plus and how much margin do these dealers have in these jdm cars as if i negotiate with him on the price, he qouted me 13 lacs
    3. I have gone through the thread and have got an idea that hana plus is the loaded variant but it would be great if some one could pin point me out the differences between the hana plus and the standard variant so i could decide that do i actually need to spend extra 80-100k on those things.
    4. The most imp qs is about the mileage what does it give in city with ac as some here are saying 12-13km/l(with light foot and everything) and some are saying 17-18km/l so what is the actual avg of this car coz I would only opt passo if it can give me more than 15km/l in city with ac.
    5. Some of you guys have complained about the avg being as low as 8-9 km/l and have been recommended to carry out some maintenance work so i would like to ask you guys that have your mileage improved after the necessary maintenance and if it has then how much?
    6. Can i check the performance of a particular car by starting it and checking its previous readings of mileage? Will that be of any help?
    7. Keeping aside the power how is passo compared to swift overall

I am in a little hurry so would appreciate a lot if you guys could help me out asap

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ghulammurtazam View Post
    Hey guys, I was planning to buy a jdm in 660-1000cc range so visited my dealer and had a little chat with him and checked out some cars aswell. I have pretty much decided that i ll go for passo hana plus fresh import but i still have some queries:
    1. I am buying a jdm for the first time so what are the things i should check, i can trust the dealer 80% as he is a family friend and we have been dealing with him for like 10 years or so, so i wont be worried much about the documentation and condition of the car but still as buying a jdm for the first time are there any things i need to keep in my mind? ( btw wo 20% margin islye chora he coz after all he is also a pakistani )
    2. What do you guys think will be a good deal for a 2011-12 passo hana plus and how much margin do these dealers have in these jdm cars as if i negotiate with him on the price, he qouted me 13 lacs
    3. I have gone through the thread and have got an idea that hana plus is the loaded variant but it would be great if some one could pin point me out the differences between the hana plus and the standard variant so i could decide that do i actually need to spend extra 80-100k on those things.
    4. The most imp qs is about the mileage what does it give in city with ac as some here are saying 12-13km/l(with light foot and everything) and some are saying 17-18km/l so what is the actual avg of this car coz I would only opt passo if it can give me more than 15km/l in city with ac.
    5. Some of you guys have complained about the avg being as low as 8-9 km/l and have been recommended to carry out some maintenance work so i would like to ask you guys that have your mileage improved after the necessary maintenance and if it has then how much?
    6. Can i check the performance of a particular car by starting it and checking its previous readings of mileage? Will that be of any help?
    7. Keeping aside the power how is passo compared to swift overall

I am in a little hurry so would appreciate a lot if you guys could help me out asap
    Passo is a nice JDm Bro, but keep in mind some answers and suggestions:
    Dealers have Approx Rs. 150,000 Margin of their profit at their investment cost.
    Passo is very low car, having low ground clearance, So consider ur area of driving. U have to choose for Big tyres or Spacers packing.
    Engine and power train of passo is same as of a Vitz i.e. 1KRFE , So u will have actual city mileage of 11 km/L.
    According to Year of Manufacture u have to decide the price of Car, In my opinion a new passo will be of Rs 12 lacs. Not 13.
    Best of luck for ur New car. But decide with patience.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas9 View Post
    Can you Passo eco mode version owners tell me what fuel averages are you getting in city driving with and without AC?
    Toyota Passo Eco mode giving me 18 KM/L without AC and 16.5 KM/L with AC in city and i drive 50KM daily from gulshan to landhi so u can imagine the traffic situation

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List