1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immi803 View Post
    What about key less entry and push start? Are they original in Hana + or compulsory part of Hanna +?
    Just like I state in previous reply, keyless is an option for new owner to choose. Even you bought a standard variant of passo or boon at japan, you still can installed the keyless-go system if you wish. If not, your car will be provide standard key without immobilizer. But sometimes, Toyota japan offer certain type of new variant which got all complete package like 1.3 + Hana with certain new color (manufacturer option). This manufacture option will got all accessories which standard not offers just like keyless-go function.

Its different with other country car maker which will provide certain items to certain variant. For example, standard variant will not get what premium variant has.

For example, toyata malaysia offer of 2014 vios (belta in japan) spec TRD Sportivo. Full spec but the entertainment system is standard player. If you wish to get touch screen with reverse camera, than its an option you need to pay. The major different of standard G grade and TRD is the bodypart, interior and also Sport rim and performance. Thats all.

Anyway, you can check at toyota.jp ??? ? ??????????*? ? ???????*? for further clarifications.
    -EAT-SLEEP-JDM-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

by the geace of Allah alimghty i hav blessed with Toyota passo few weeks ago but i havenot time to share with pwheelers.so now i m sharing complete details of my car.
    History
    Car is 2007 model and 2012 import.ODO shows 56K reading.auction sheet is not provided with dat (common problem in japnese cars)
    car remain standing for almost one year after import due to some problems dnt know.its unregistered (now i hav registered)
    Condition
    Condition of car is outstanding.mostly japnese cars imported here are accidentals but by chance this car is not accidental and not painted, no touch ups by any desi painter. car is bumper to bumper in orignal colour.how ever some sctraches are on bumpers and on body kit.however some wear & tear due to seven year old car
    Engine & transmission
    Engine and transmission is perfect.no jerks, no noises its drive is smooth.
    Suspension
    suspension is fit and orignal.drives smooth on bumps.
    Interior
    Interior is smell like new.its two tone colourjet black & light grey.seats are comfortable.this varient havo no sofa seats.
    Gadgets
    cars hav orgnal fog lights.both lights head & fog hav hids orignal,motors in headlights for audjusments but there is no swith for that.navigation,Airbags (driver ,passenger,& on both pilers).orignal floor matts.ionizer , orignal air press & some buttons dashboad dnt knw abt it.Worked Done
    Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484592Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484593Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484594Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484595Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484596Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484597Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484592Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484598Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484602Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484603Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484604Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484605Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484606Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484607Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484608Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484609
    -coolent changed
    -All fluids include engine oil,gear oil, etc changed.
    -Disc pads & brake pads are changed.
    -air filter & ac filter changed.
    -headlights cleaned.
    -cat convector is also changed for satisfaction of mind for fuel average.( Previous was in normal condition)

-Head unit show map disk error so brought map disc.
    -complete service by removing carpet and seats.
    -cutting cream etc
    -and much more.
    Negative points of my car
    -No immobilser.
    -Got only one key.
    -some scratches on bumpers & bd kit.
    -engine bay is dirty & difficult to clean.
    -Left side mirror is not retracable ( electriction says grari slip ha so replaced.)
    -minor crack on right upper side of front screen.
    Drive experience
    This is my first JDM car and em very satisfied with my ride.Although its driving is better than cultus & wagon R which hav high price tag than this.
    Suggestions are welcomed.I m not criticizing any car (abt cultus & wagon R) its just my opinion.About fuel average i havn't calculated but i will share later.sorry for any grammer mistake.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalhussain786 View Post
    by the geace of Allah alimghty i hav blessed with Toyota passo few weeks ago but i havenot time to share with pwheelers.so now i m sharing complete details of my car.
    History
    Car is 2007 model and 2012 import.ODO shows 56K reading.auction sheet is not provided with dat (common problem in japnese cars)
    car remain standing for almost one year after import due to some problems dnt know.its unregistered (now i hav registered)
    Condition
    Condition of car is outstanding.mostly japnese cars imported here are accidentals but by chance this car is not accidental and not painted, no touch ups by any desi painter. car is bumper to bumper in orignal colour.how ever some sctraches are on bumpers and on body kit.however some wear & tear due to seven year old car
    Engine & transmission
    Suspension
    Interior
    Interior is smell like new.its two tone colourjet black & light grey.seats are comfortable.this varient havo no sofa seats.
    Gadgets
    cars hav orgnal fog lights.both lights head & fog hav hids orignal,motors in headlights for audjusments but there is no swith for that.navigation,Airbags (driver ,passenger,& on both pilers).orignal floor matts.ionizer , orignal air press & some buttons dashboad dnt knw abt it.Worked Done
    Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484592Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484593Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484594Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484595Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484596Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484597Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484592Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484598Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484602Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484603Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484604Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484605Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484606Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484607Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484608Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1484609
    -coolent changed
    -headlights cleaned.
    -cat convector is also changed for satisfaction of mind for fuel average.( Previous was in normal condition)

-cutting cream etc
    -and much more.
    -No immobilser.
    -Got only one key.
    -Left side mirror is not retracable ( electriction says grari slip ha so replaced.)
    Drive experience
    This is my first JDM car and em very satisfied with my ride.Although its driving is better than cultus & wagon R which hav high price tag than this.
    Suggestions are welcomed.I m not criticizing any car (abt cultus & wagon R) its just my opinion.About fuel average i havn't calculated but i will share later.sorry for any grammer mistake.
    You lucky brother because your passo got SRS curtain air bag at both side of car..not all passo got this optional items..mine also don't have..

Regarding the keys, I suggested you make duplicate for your safety, put it inside your wallet..just in case like happened to my buddy, his car autoself lock, and the key is inside the car..lucky got backup duplicate one to open the door.

Just my opinion..
    -EAT-SLEEP-JDM-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali.archilounge View Post
    Dear fellow Passo owner's

Please help, i have a 2007 passo for the last 2 years now and a few months back its power steering started showing moods. It would work sometimes and other times it wont. The EPS (electronic power steering) light comes on too and steering gets hard and too heavy to drive. I got the sensor changed and still it was the same. About 3 weeks back i got it checked again and an electrician scanned it, cleared errors and it was working fine, 'bingo'

The very next day it has come back again to its mood swing position and works now and them. Not back to a total jam situation but works if i start the car and switch it off a fee times. Finally works after starting a few times in second or third attempt. I think this might be a problem with the electric motor (or whatever its called) that holds the sensor. If so how much should it be for and whats the best source un Lahore to get it? Bilal Gunj or Montgomery Road. Advice welcome and required.

Thanks in Advance

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Get your battery changed and check again.. it happens when i took the test drive of Passo yesterday, it was hard as Truck ka steering, but the dealer told me it will be fine after changing the battery and i was like yeah whatever. But guess what it works like a charm.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anyone please send me the manual
    Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalhussain786 View Post
    History
    Condition
    Engine & transmission
    Suspension
    Interior
    Gadgets
    -coolent changed
    -headlights cleaned.

-cutting cream etc
    -and much more.
    -No immobilser.
    -Got only one key.
    Drive experience
    Masha'Allah Congrats on your purchase sir. I would say first of all check all the fluids, AND THEN MOST IMPORTANTLY, detail your car both internally and externally, aik dou din kharey kar ke araam se kero, you'll love it. and dont wash it off with Surf excels or other washing detergents, use car shampoo.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

okay guys, Its been almost an year now I havent posted or check this thread, now I need some guidance from EXPERT PASSO OWNERS.
    my passo was parked at home since a very long time, its battery got dead then bought a new battery and connected the terminals and all. NOW I need to know that the battery-stand's two rods that has a hook at the other end and a nut on the other. HOW MUCH THESE TWO NUTS HAS TO BE TIGHTEN? JUST BY HANDS OR WITH TOOL (I had tighten it by tool (10 ka paana) though I didnt tight it at an extreme level but this caused scratches at the metal black piece that is connected to rods above the battery and it's lower part has scratched battery's plastic too, IS IT OKAY?. So are these two nuts supposed to be tighten by hand or tool and to what extent? @us000 and other experts Ill appreciate for your kind guidance. here are the pics i have copied from internet for reference.

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1485396

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    okay guys, Its been almost an year now I havent posted or check this thread, now I need some guidance from EXPERT PASSO OWNERS.
    my passo was parked at home since a very long time, its battery got dead then bought a new battery and connected the terminals and all. NOW I need to know that the battery-stand's two rods that has a hook at the other end and a nut on the other. HOW MUCH THESE TWO NUTS HAS TO BE TIGHTEN? JUST BY HANDS OR WITH TOOL (I had tighten it by tool (10 ka paana) though I didnt tight it at an extreme level but this caused scratches at the metal black piece that is connected to rods above the battery and it's lower part has scratched battery's plastic too, IS IT OKAY?. So are these two nuts supposed to be tighten by hand or tool and to what extent? @us000 and other experts Ill appreciate for your kind guidance. here are the pics i have copied from internet for reference.

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1485396
    Too Tight or loose, not a problem at all..its not gonna broke any part of your car at all..but prefer you make it tight..just in case to avoid others problems arise..
    -EAT-SLEEP-JDM-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@husnainkhan

Dont worry it is not a big problem. tight them with tool so that your battery remained fixed at its place. If you will not tight them then during drive on bumpy roads your battery will vibrate and slowly there will be chance of loosening of battery terminals...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    Masha'Allah Congrats on your purchase sir. I would say first of all check all the fluids, AND THEN MOST IMPORTANTLY, detail your car both internally and externally, aik dou din kharey kar ke araam se kero, you'll love it. and dont wash it off with Surf excels or other washing detergents, use car shampoo.
    ys man u rite after full detailing car looks very 6xy.efforts brings better results if done by self.kindly suggest how to clean engine bay.mine is very dirty now

12. 04-10-2014, 12:16 PM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA

I need back spoiler of toyota Passo. Any one wants to sale it please tell me??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey Guyx, anyone ever experienced that please share your views, would really appreciate that.

When my car is at D gear shift and i am waiting on Red signal the car vibrates (due to pressure break i guess), and when i put the gear to N shift it stops vibrating.
    Is this something normal act ?

Please share your thoughts and experience.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smokenn View Post
    Hey Guyx, anyone ever experienced that please share your views, would really appreciate that.

When my car is at D gear shift and i am waiting on Red signal the car vibrates (due to pressure break i guess), and when i put the gear to N shift it stops vibrating.
    Is this something normal act ?

Please share your thoughts and experience.

Thanks
    Normal because your car at D gear..Engine is running that time.

If you in N gear, but still vibrate, you should change engine mounting to new one.
    -EAT-SLEEP-JDM-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Passo hit on speed breaker when two person sit on back seat. Please note that my Tyre size is already 14.

Some people told me to install 2 inches spacer and some people told me to do not install spacer because in long term this will be issue with my car suspension.

can any one advice me what to do now? if i go for spacer what is cost and from where i can go for that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you so much for your response riazorblues
    bro

Also when i am driving on some rough areas there is a lot of noise in front which is its suspension but when i asked my Mechanic he said that we will change its steering part in suspension cause its never changed and that is why there is a lot of noise coming when i am on rough areas but its smooth on plain roads so do you think i should go for it cause i am still confused cause i am still thinking that this noise is due to my tyres i guess OR if it is suspension then why the steering part ?
    Any input would be appreciated from you guyx

Thanks
    Shery

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you so much for your response riazorblues
    bro

Also when i am driving on some rough areas there is a lot of noise in front which is its suspension but when i asked my Mechanic he said that we will change its steering part in suspension cause its never changed and that is why there is a lot of noise coming when i am on rough areas but its smooth on plain roads so do you think i should go for it cause i am still confused cause i am still thinking that this noise is due to my tyres i guess OR if it is suspension then why the steering part ?
    Any input would be appreciated from you guyx

Thanks
    Shery
    This case happened to all Passo owner in Malaysia..Malaysia tarmac road is kinda bumpy and japan is quite flat and straight clear tarmac..when drive in rough area, off road or bumpy road, will hear a "kruk-kruk" sound..after check, is not suspension, brake disc or anything but only one which is Steering Rack.

This happened because passo steering rack got a bit room inside, so when ride at rough road it will shake and making sound..so we here often change it with Perodua Myvi (Passo twin of Malaysia car) steering rack and no more sound..alternative way for much cheaper, we make a teflon and install it inside the rack..usually this can stay around 1 - 2 year depends on how you drive..

So far, other than that, no problem at all..only Steering Rack the reason why passo making sound "kruk-kruk" when drive at rough place..

So, better check first with your mechanic first before change anything un-important because it will waste alot of you money and time..

That what happened to me first time..
    -EAT-SLEEP-JDM-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanalwani View Post
    My Passo hit on speed breaker when two person sit on back seat. Please note that my Tyre size is already 14.

Some people told me to install 2 inches spacer and some people told me to do not install spacer because in long term this will be issue with my car suspension.

can any one advice me what to do now? if i go for spacer what is cost and from where i can go for that.
    Prefer install spring coil buffer..much safer and reliable plus cheap..3 ppl stay behind when drive at speed breaker (bumper in malaysia term) not hit the fender at all..

Or change to new Absober & spring..if got money, change to Adjustable one (hi-lo soft-hard)
    -EAT-SLEEP-JDM-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks alot riazorblues bro for sharing your experience, yes the same "kruk kruk" sound from front made me confuse but while driving on plain roads it was smooth so i was confused what would be the least possible defect in suspension part. Thanks for explaining it.

Also i was worried to go on Long routes like from Pesh to Isb due to this sound and suspension thing, that if i will drive my car at speed 100 or 120 Kmh continuously, it may not cause any problem for me. What do you suggest for that ?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks alot riazorblues bro for sharing your experience, yes the same "kruk kruk" sound from front made me confuse but while driving on plain roads it was smooth so i was confused what would be the least possible defect in suspension part. Thanks for explaining it.

Also i was worried to go on Long routes like from Pesh to Isb due to this sound and suspension thing, that if i will drive my car at speed 100 or 120 Kmh continuously, it may not cause any problem for me. What do you suggest for that ?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    From your explanation, I'm positive it a Steering rack as i mention before, and for long distance travelling not problem at all..

The rack actually is normal and good condition because it was made for Japan road use..but when we imported the car, the country road not same as japan had (Japan road not same as other country road)..so that the problem..

I try find out what the problem, It took me quite sometimes, wasting lots of money, time and energy..but glad found the solutions..I change to new passo rack = same problem occur..then change to myvi rack = problem solve..but myvi rack is kinda expensive if you want to buy (consider price & shipment to Pakistan), but prefer you ask mechanic or automotive engineers make a Teflon or other nut or anything to be installed at the rack to cover the empty room.

For suspension, better you change new or re-condition one for better n smooth ride..plus its all about your safety..

Thats all will do..
    -EAT-SLEEP-JDM-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salmanalwani View Post

Change ur tyres to Higher profile. Plz SHare ur existing Tyre profile . 165/70R14 ?? or any else ??
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List