Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 4173
Like Tree713Likes

Thread: Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Farukhz7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

    The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

    Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1



  2. #2521
    PakWheeler Follow
    mbilal81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Just bought a Passo 2011. Not driving much as it is unregistered atm. Anyways, I have a question regarding a noise that I hear. When the car is about to move (like backing up, moving forward and the brake is released like 10%), upon release of brake very slowly, there is a rattling noise that I hear. If I take my foot quickly and not very very slowly there is no noise. When i am driving and apply the brake there is no noise. It only happens when the car is about to move. ( I hope, I was able to explain the problem). I hear this only when in R and D gear no noise in P or N. Is this noise normal.

    PS: I have not changed anything, oil filter nothing. Waiting for the registration. Also have driven the car of 5-10 km only. Also a good and efficient mechanic in rawalpindi.

  3. #2522
    PakWheeler Follow
    imranafzal4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Brother , kindly do your research aswell but let me state some hard facts...

    Your car is a 2008 model. Old car , old engine. Your engine has more wear and tear.
    now coming to the oil. 10w or 0w or 5w.. Doesnt matter. This viscosity is for your cold starts. Majority of your engine wear and tear occurs during the cold start up.. since your engine is old, u need a slightly thicker oil to prevent further wear and tear.
    So 10w is fine !!

    Now coming to the 20s, 30s ,40s etc.. You tell us that you travel a quite lot. You need a thicker oil to work those pistons in the long run. Yes lower viscosity will give u better mileage, but will increase engine wear n tear. Gaps ajaenge in your engine moving parts.
    So 40 viscosity is absolutely fine for you!!

    If i have a 2012 7000km mileage Passo nd i drive like 15-20 kms daily with atleast 2 cold starts a day, then 5w30 is perfect for me.
    But for a 6 year old high mileage car, it isnt advisable.
    Hope you get my point
    Brother shopkeeper giving me 5W-30 oil but I changed to 10W-40 run time because of my knowledge, previously I had Suzuki and 1 Lakh + Driven to I used 20W-50 due to Old engine so my mind was in middle of 20W-50 and 5W20 but from last 2 days everyone is suggesting Low viscosity... lets assume I change the oil to 5W20 then can my car mileage increase 1-2 KM per Liter in City?

  4. #2523
    PakWheeler Follow
    changwani54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Brother , kindly do your research aswell but let me state some hard facts...

    Your car is a 2008 model. Old car , old engine. Your engine has more wear and tear.
    now coming to the oil. 10w or 0w or 5w.. Doesnt matter. This viscosity is for your cold starts. Majority of your engine wear and tear occurs during the cold start up.. since your engine is old, u need a slightly thicker oil to prevent further wear and tear.
    So 10w is fine !!

    Now coming to the 20s, 30s ,40s etc.. You tell us that you travel a quite lot. You need a thicker oil to work those pistons in the long run. Yes lower viscosity will give u better mileage, but will increase engine wear n tear. Gaps ajaenge in your engine moving parts.
    So 40 viscosity is absolutely fine for you!!

    If i have a 2012 7000km mileage Passo nd i drive like 15-20 kms daily with atleast 2 cold starts a day, then 5w30 is perfect for me.
    But for a 6 year old high mileage car, it isnt advisable.
    Hope you get my point
    Using 5W-30 in 2004 Passo for last 2 years. It was 85k driven when bought Now its 99k driven. No issues whatsoever.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #2524
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    Brother shopkeeper giving me 5W-30 oil but I changed to 10W-40 run time because of my knowledge, previously I had Suzuki and 1 Lakh + Driven to I used 20W-50 due to Old engine so my mind was in middle of 20W-50 and 5W20 but from last 2 days everyone is suggesting Low viscosity... lets assume I change the oil to 5W20 then can my car mileage increase 1-2 KM per Liter in City?
    Yes it will increase

  6. #2525
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by changwani54 View Post
    Using 5W-30 in 2004 Passo for last 2 years. It was 85k driven when bought Now its 99k driven. No issues whatsoever.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    It wears over time. Bt u need to change oil before the recommended interval, to b on the safe side

  7. #2526
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    845
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    Brother shopkeeper giving me 5W-30 oil but I changed to 10W-40 run time because of my knowledge, previously I had Suzuki and 1 Lakh + Driven to I used 20W-50 due to Old engine so my mind was in middle of 20W-50 and 5W20 but from last 2 days everyone is suggesting Low viscosity... lets assume I change the oil to 5W20 then can my car mileage increase 1-2 KM per Liter in City?
    Keep your back pack down. Sit on a chair, relax for some time; drink a glass of water and do not let people confuse you.

    Show some trust in others, do your own research and go for what is best for you.
    Once again, go for 5w20 or 0w30 viscosity grade full synthetic oil. It will not hurt your engine one bit. Infact, it will increase the life of your engine.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

  8. #2527
    PakWheeler Follow
    Nabz90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    180
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imrananr View Post
    Which one you are using? 5w20 or 5w30? And what you recommend. Thanks.
    im using 5w20 and so far have no problem at all

  9. #2528
    PakWheeler Follow
    jibranmalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imranafzal4 View Post
    Brother shopkeeper giving me 5W-30 oil but I changed to 10W-40 run time because of my knowledge, previously I had Suzuki and 1 Lakh + Driven to I used 20W-50 due to Old engine so my mind was in middle of 20W-50 and 5W20 but from last 2 days everyone is suggesting Low viscosity... lets assume I change the oil to 5W20 then can my car mileage increase 1-2 KM per Liter in City?
    Open the hood of the car, and You'll find a sticker under the hood in which the engine oil is mentioned to be used in the car, Use only oil recommended as by the manufacturer.

  10. #2529
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jibranmalik View Post
    Open the hood of the car, and You'll find a sticker under the hood in which the engine oil is mentioned to be used in the car, Use only oil recommended as by the manufacturer.
    Owner's manual says 0w20.. lets see people using that here in Khi

  11. #2530
    PakWheeler Follow
    jibranmalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Owner's manual says 0w20.. lets see people using that here in Khi
    Well, I have a 2007 Model, and I translated the under hood Japanese instruction sticker from a person. He told me its written that

    Maintenance Service (Refer to Maintenance Note for Details
    Engine Oil
    Oil Used – SAE, 0W-20, 5W-20 or 5W-30. API type: SL or SM
    Exchange – Every 15,000km or every 12 months (which ever occurs first)
    Oil Filter Exchange – Every 15,000km
    Air cleaner element exchange – Every 50,000km
    Engine Coolant – Toyota pure Super LLC
    Exchange – First 160,000km or every 7 (5) years. From the second time and on, every 80,000km or every 3(4) years. () is applied to cargo cars, and business car (Exchange with whichever comes first)

  12. #2531
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jibranmalik View Post
    Well, I have a 2007 Model, and I translated the under hood Japanese instruction sticker from a person. He told me its written that

    Maintenance Service (Refer to Maintenance Note for Details
    Engine Oil
    Oil Used ? SAE, 0W-20, 5W-20 or 5W-30. API type: SL or SM
    Exchange ? Every 15,000km or every 12 months (which ever occurs first)
    Oil Filter Exchange ? Every 15,000km
    Air cleaner element exchange ? Every 50,000km
    Engine Coolant ? Toyota pure Super LLC
    Exchange ? First 160,000km or every 7 (5) years. From the second time and on, every 80,000km or every 3(4) years. () is applied to cargo cars, and business car (Exchange with whichever comes first)
    Let me see people here changing the oil after 15,000 kms. Since everyone is so keen on following the manufacturer

  13. #2532
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    khalid7shafqat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,006
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbilal81 View Post
    Just bought a Passo 2011. Not driving much as it is unregistered atm. Anyways, I have a question regarding a noise that I hear. When the car is about to move (like backing up, moving forward and the brake is released like 10%), upon release of brake very slowly, there is a rattling noise that I hear. If I take my foot quickly and not very very slowly there is no noise. When i am driving and apply the brake there is no noise. It only happens when the car is about to move. ( I hope, I was able to explain the problem). I hear this only when in R and D gear no noise in P or N. Is this noise normal.

    PS: I have not changed anything, oil filter nothing. Waiting for the registration. Also have driven the car of 5-10 km only. Also a good and efficient mechanic in rawalpindi.
    Just get ur brakes serviced. Wese its nothng to worry about.

  14. #2533
    PakWheeler Follow
    imranafzal4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Brother When I Cross 80 Speed then OD OFF light is blinking .... Original Over Drive ON All the time but check purpose when I Off Over Drive by using button then Over-Drive Off Indication is continuously appear, Unable to Understand ...Is it wrong?

  15. #2534
    PakWheeler Follow
    imranafzal4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    In Simple Words

    Over-Drive OFF

    • Car at max 3rd Gear and I feel the 3 gears
    • Light in Meter is continuously ON (OD-OFF)


    Over-Drive ON

    • Car at 4rth Gear Max (and I feel the Smoothness)
    • No Light Is ON at meter

    But when I cross 80kmph Speed then OD-OFF light is blinking

  16. #2535
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassannabeel27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Does anyone know the price of passo front bumper 2007 model and passo racy bumper?

  17. #2536
    PakWheeler Follow
    nadeemjadoon789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can anyone send me manual of Passo 2007 model at nadeemjadoon@gmail.com. I received it from one brother but it was with very weird angrezi, sentences are not corelating and also lots of overlapping.

    Thanks in advance

  18. #2537
    PakWheeler Follow
    Nabz90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    180
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys Check This Manual's Screenshot
    its recommending 0W20 and saying its best for mileage

    Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1527414

  19. #2538
    PakWheeler Follow
    ihsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I bought OBD2 device online.
    It is not connecting to the ECU of my car Passo 2008 1.0.
    Do any one have any kind of info about this?
    Is Passo OBD2 , OBD, J-OBD?
    Jugail

  20. #2539
    PakWheeler Follow
    jibranmalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    207
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khalid7shafqat View Post
    Let me see people here changing the oil after 15,000 kms. Since everyone is so keen on following the manufacturer
    I have not said that Im changing the oil after 15000kms, I have just shared the translation of the underhood manufacturer instructions sticker

  21. #2540
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrananr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    845
    Follows
    0
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz90 View Post
    Guys Check This Manual's Screenshot
    its recommending 0W20 and saying its best for mileage


    Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1527414
    This is true that 0w20 will give you the best mileage, but for old engines (above 100,000 km) it's better to use a thicker one like 5w20 or 5w30.
    Also, in its difficult to find 0w20 in Pakistan.
    5w20 ( Zic A+) and 0w30 (Zic 0) are the closest ones available in Pakistan for best fuel economy. It is to be noted here that 90% of engine wear and tear thanks place during cold start ups till the engines comes to the normal operating temperature. Hence a thin oil (0w20 etc.) is required to keep the engine well lubricated during cold start ups.
    Don't leave a highway for a byway....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •