1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kashifshahzad31 View Post
    Can you please mail me the manual for passo 2010 onwards .... on kashifshahzad31atyahoo.com
    Manual sent

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

unfortunately the back camera has been stolen can any one tell me where to find the original one in reasonable price?

my link in plaza has quoted me 7000 just for the camera which is way out of budget
    i have NSDN W59 installed in my passo and needs a camera that is supported by it.

the @$$40L3 thief has neatly cut of the camera so only camera is missing all wiring& other accessories seems OK

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz90 View Post
    unfortunately the back camera has been stolen can any one tell me where to find the original one in reasonable price?

my link in plaza has quoted me 7000 just for the camera which is way out of budget
    i have NSDN W59 installed in my passo and needs a camera that is supported by it.

the @$$40L3 thief has neatly cut of the camera so only camera is missing all wiring& other accessories seems OK

if you cannot find the original japanese camera, then you can get any good quality chinese camera for 1500 Rs (+/-)
    original connector has 4 wires, 2 of them are ground, one is video signal, and one is +6 volt which has to power the camera, so it will not be used in the chinese cam,
    jiyo aur jeenay do

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Plc.. Somebody send me a Manual of Toyota Passo 2007 model one.
    hasitha_bandara@yahoo.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    if you cannot find the original japanese camera, then you can get any good quality chinese camera for 1500 Rs (+/-)
    original connector has 4 wires, 2 of them are ground, one is video signal, and one is +6 volt which has to power the camera, so it will not be used in the chinese cam,
    i have been told by the insurance company agent that chinese cameras are not supported on NSDN-W59 do u have any clue on that ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir Can you please share the contact or address of your source? Its quite hard for the new owners to source out parts in Karachi.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have been told by the insurance company agent that chinese cameras are not supported on NSDN-W59 do u have any clue on that ??
    they are not supported if you want to connect to the original connector, but if you take wires from that connector, and only use the required wires, then these cams can be used, i have used chinese cam in NDDN-W57 or W55 i guess, so it should work on W59 models as weel as they have same connector ports.
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Passo 2010 to 2014
    Original Tyres rims & wheel caps for sale
    Call 03335100605

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muzamil_r0cKy View Post
    Sir Can you please share the contact or address of your source? Its quite hard for the new owners to source out parts in Karachi.
    Alloy wheel 14 inch 165/70/14 For Sale for sale in Islamabad - Car Accessory 1425089 | PakWheels

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This really is a unique item, thanks for sharing dr sb! BTW Is this price justifiable? I mean are they worth it? And I'm in Karachi now a days, I don't want to get ripped off, can anyone make sure this isn't a fake add?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This really is a unique item, thanks for sharing dr sb! BTW Is this price justifiable? I mean are they worth it? And I'm in Karachi now a days, I don't want to get ripped off, can anyone make sure this isn't a fake add?
    Ask him price and source of rims only...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrUsmanNawaz View Post
    Ask him price and source of rims only...
    The price would be somewhat close to that mentioned in the add, I don't think there can be much negotiation on such an item, and yeah, I'll ask about the source. They look quite good on Passo. I'll talk to him tomorrow and let you know.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The price would be somewhat close to that mentioned in the add, I don't think there can be much negotiation on such an item, and yeah, I'll ask about the source. They look quite good on Passo. I'll talk to him tomorrow and let you know.
    You can give him my reference... He knows me well...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Radiator full service or just flush?

Salam all,
    I am happy & satisfied user of Passo for a year now. There's been some glitches over the course but all in all, it went smooth.
    I was traveling few days back to my home town, a journey which i take every weekend. During last commute, car heated up (although weather was way less hotter then other weekends) anyways i immediately parked the car, kept the engine running, carefully removed the radiator cap,let the steam blow out, poured in fresh water,temp went down, i resumed my journey and travelled 30kms without any car heatup issues to my home.
    It was the first time my car got heated up, i do regularly check the water levels in the bottle and radiator, they were always upto mark. Water in the radiator was full of rust, i reached home and opened the manual of car. At this point i realized that proper coolant should be used and it was written in the manual to use 4 ltr of "toyota super longlife coolant". I went to toyota 3S in abbottabad and bought this coolant. Price was PKR 3700/- for 4 litre pack.
    Now my question is, should i go for full service of the radiator or should i just flush it clean and then top it up with coolant?
    I drove car around since the heatup incident, in heat, in heavy traffic congestion and it didn't heatup again and there is no drop in water levels as well. So may be only flush is enough? And someone told me that dont go for full radiator service as they will open the original seals of the radiator and it won't be same again. should this be of any concern? or is it just "one of those stories"?
    Toyota guys quoted PKR 1500 for full radiator service. PKR 500 for the flush (removal of radiator, water drain, filling of coolant, fixing back the radiator)
    Toyota mechanic was saying that its better to fully service the radiator as "زنگ کی وجہ سے ریڈیٹر کی نالیاں چوک ہو گئی ہوں گی، صرف فلش کرنے سے زنگ نہیں جائے گا"
    Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated.

P.S: @Xulfiqar pointed out in one of his posts to mix this coolant with 50/50 water to coolant ratio. Packing on the other hand says, no dilution necessary. Who to follow?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is premixed so dilution is not required

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tanoli00 View Post
    Salam all,
    I am happy & satisfied user of Passo for a year now. There's been some glitches over the course but all in all, it went smooth.
    I was traveling few days back to my home town, a journey which i take every weekend. During last commute, car heated up (although weather was way less hotter then other weekends) anyways i immediately parked the car, kept the engine running, carefully removed the radiator cap,let the steam blow out, poured in fresh water,temp went down, i resumed my journey and travelled 30kms without any car heatup issues to my home.
    It was the first time my car got heated up, i do regularly check the water levels in the bottle and radiator, they were always upto mark. Water in the radiator was full of rust, i reached home and opened the manual of car. At this point i realized that proper coolant should be used and it was written in the manual to use 4 ltr of "toyota super longlife coolant". I went to toyota 3S in abbottabad and bought this coolant. Price was PKR 3700/- for 4 litre pack.
    Now my question is, should i go for full service of the radiator or should i just flush it clean and then top it up with coolant?
    I drove car around since the heatup incident, in heat, in heavy traffic congestion and it didn't heatup again and there is no drop in water levels as well. So may be only flush is enough? And someone told me that dont go for full radiator service as they will open the original seals of the radiator and it won't be same again. should this be of any concern? or is it just "one of those stories"?
    Toyota guys quoted PKR 1500 for full radiator service. PKR 500 for the flush (removal of radiator, water drain, filling of coolant, fixing back the radiator)
    Toyota mechanic was saying that its better to fully service the radiator as "زنگ کی وجہ سے ریڈیٹر کی نالیاں چوک ہو گئی ہوں گی، صرف فلش کرنے سے زنگ نہیں جائے گا"

P.S: @Xulfiqar pointed out in one of his posts to mix this coolant with 50/50 water to coolant ratio. Packing on the other hand says, no dilution necessary. Who to follow?
    Yes, It is Pre-Mixed, Thats Y, dilution not needed. If Radiator requires full service or not, It can be judged by seeing. But keep in mind one thing, that every month Clean your radiator by pressurized water at service stations. So that the blockages of insects or leafs etc can be cleared and air passes through it freely.
    Never underEstimate anyone. Might be a charade has a v8 in his heart.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone has installed aftermarket center console box or arm rest in his passo???
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Attention Islamabad Registered Vehicles.

Recently i heard about the Token Tax increased news from my Uncle , Anyone recently paid the Tax for PASSO 1000 CC ? How much they are charging now ?

Please share your experience here.
    My Uncle Paid 10K just for Token for 1.3cc PASSO

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smokenn View Post
    Attention Islamabad Registered Vehicles.

Recently i heard about the Token Tax increased news from my Uncle , Anyone recently paid the Tax for PASSO 1000 CC ? How much they are charging now ?

Please share your experience here.
    My Uncle Paid 10K just for Token for 1.3cc PASSO

Thanks
    I have paid 1548, i.e. 1200 token tax and 348 road tax for my 990cc. This is for non-filers. If you file your tax then its Rs. 800 plus road tax.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tanoli00 View Post
    Salam all,

Coolant is premix no water needed in case of just coolant one has to dilute it with distilled water for flush you can do diy as well https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/alt...r-flush-alto-3

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List