1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by quaidian View Post
    Dear Friends and PASSO/BOON fans,

I am about to purchase PASSO/BOON in 1-2 days Insha Allah. I need some of your guidance to choose a right car from market (most probably Jail Road Lahore). I am asking because I have never purchased an imported Japanese car:

1- What should I check in auction sheet for the car - can it be confirmed via internet?
    2- I also heard that dealers also has fake auction sheets - is it true?
    3- What should be the ideal minimum price for 2006 fresh import BOON/PASSO?
    4- Which features I should check in the car which I am going to select?
    5- How much cost would be for new car registration in Lahore specially for PASSO/BOON?
    6- Should I take a mechanic to ensure the car is mechanically fit? not repainted etc.?
    7- Does low mileage on meter means something - I heard that importers normally reverse the meters?
    8- Should I buy BOON or PASSO - does it really matter, or one is cheaper than other?
    9- Any other thing that you would like suggest me?

Thanks in advance!
    1. Auction sheets are fake. There is no need to look upon them. Just ask any question regarding the information given on sheet from the dealer and he will know jack $hit about it. Judge the car yourself, check all the controls, condition, paint etc. Do not listen to whatever the dealer says that the car has this or that. See for yourself.
    2. Answer given above
    3.I guess round about 8.40-8.60 in mint condition but i am not dead sure, do check the market yourself and always try to negotiate as much as you can.
    4. Check EPS, ABS brakes by hard braking, windows, panels etc and see if there is any spacing or loose things, it shows the car is driven alot in japan. Rest show it to some genuine mechanic but only show it to mechanic after you yourself have fully checked and satisfied. No need to take mechanic/denter everytime you go to check any car.
    5. No idea of LWR
    6. answered above.
    7. Yes each and every car original meter is reversed once it is in the hands of the dealer or whoever imports it. Cars are driven alot in japan. The car i bought had 50k on the odo when i bought it but once i was washing it on the inner panel of the door i saw a auction sticker of japan where original mileage of 69k was written. So you see a ghapla of 14k kilometres was done by dealers. Its much more most of the times. So its just your luck or maybe you have to check real hard for that original auction sticker on the car. Which can be sticked inside door panel or at back under carpet etc by them auction people.
    8. Doesnt matter both are same and price is same too, atleast from what i researched.
    9. Hmmm i cant think of any right now. Maybe thats all to be checked from my point of view.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BilalAhmedSiddiqui View Post
    Salam Farukhz7,
    Kindly let me know about the Passo mechanics and spare parts availability ...
    bro it has 1krfe 3cyl AT engine. Manuals are there but rare. Mechanics know this engine now pretty well due to same engine being offered in belta 1.0 and vitz 1.0. Oil filter is of vitz, other parts like air filter etc are easily available from all over. Body parts wise i havent checked the market but we live in a country where parts of mercedes and bmws are available in junkyards so i think it wont take long for parts to reach sultan ka khu.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want to ask something from passo owners. Do you guys encounter loud noise while the car is in 1st gear. I mean grinding sound like home motor is running. It only comes in 1st gear. Maybe i am not used to it but such noise didnt use to come in vitz.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys, just wanted to share my views about this car. I bought daihatsu boon last monday. its an awesome car. As the above poster says, yes my cars engine also roars like a diesel engine car at first gear. Don't know if it is ok. But at idle the voice of engine is perfect. Showed my car to mechanic and he said engine is great.

The car showed 25k mileage on meter but after looking at import documents the mileage was mentioned in a japanese language export certificate. it was around 65k. I guess that is normal for 2006 model. The body is great. no sign of rusting or damage. While searching market. i saw many passo that had rusting in door hinges. you should look carefully into it.

The car comes with touch screen TV navigation. By tv i mean ptv home not so clear but still can see some picture and voice. There is one problem that most of the instruction are in japanese. Can only understand half of the functionality. Navigation requires some sort of Map CD. Don't have that Japanese FM frequency is in range 75khz-90khz. So here i can only get frequency uptil 90Khz. No Fm100 or FM101 etc It also includes a cd player.

When i showed my car to a mechanic he said its a full efi engine. It has map sensor and oxygen sensor. Did not got what he was trying to say

In lahore registration of boon was done in 9.8k rupees. Gave 3k extra to the agent. that was it. The registration of imported car is cheaper then local cars as there is no with holding tax on imported cars. yaayyy!!! for local cars registration is around 25k.

Finally at the price tag of 8.6lakh it is an awesome car compared to those cheap local cars that start to rust pretty soon. In lahore the demand price is 9lakh for this car in good condition, so you have to bargain to make them come down from there.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Boon/Passo is the best option in 1000 cc currently

Hie, i'm driving City 2007 and really comfortable with it but and wanted to buy a japanese 1000cc car, i was unable to decide which one to buy, i drove vitz n boon/passo n enjoyed both of them but overall found boon/passo a better option, vitz is a bit old on the roads now and passo looks different and new, also i found it a bit more spacious from inside. I hope i have made a good decision of going for boon/passo.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam Brother . I have recently bought Toyota Passo and it is on its way to Islamabad from Karachi . Below are some of the pics ( Japan Port ) attached.

I am looking forward to your comments and suggestions. i need help regarding First service and Passo Mechanics here in Islamabad and Rawalpindi ...

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -387430

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -387431

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -387432

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -387433

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -387434

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -387435

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any one ... ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wish i could help you. I am in lahore. And i yet have to find a mechanic who knows this car. The car is really very spacious for both front and rear passengers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No doubt Passo is a good car and it is selling like hot cake these days due to being 1000cc, better passenger space and most important the price difference is huge as compared to Vitz. But recently I ve noticed car dearlers have started to increase its price too insanely and now sadly the unregistered one hasn't got so much difference in price as compared to vitz. I inquired about the car to dealer at khalid bin Walid, karachi and he was asking 850000 and when I checked him on last monday he was asking 950,000. I told him you quote me the same car a bit cheaper but he refused to agree and said that it was some other car. hahahaha! What a s*** these guys have become, looting innocent people.
    Speed costs money. How fast do you want to go?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rightly said shariqak1 ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqassamana View Post
    Hie, i'm driving City 2007 and really comfortable with it but and wanted to buy a japanese 1000cc car, i was unable to decide which one to buy, i drove vitz n boon/passo n enjoyed both of them but overall found boon/passo a better option, vitz is a bit old on the roads now and passo looks different and new, also i found it a bit more spacious from inside. I hope i have made a good decision of going for boon/passo.
    Glad you shifted to it. Looking forward to pictures of your ride.
    Salam Brother . I have recently bought Toyota Passo and it is on its way to Islamabad from Karachi . Below are some of the pics ( Japan Port ) attached.

I am looking forward to your comments and suggestions. i need help regarding First service and Passo Mechanics here in Islamabad and Rawalpindi ...

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - 387430

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - 387431

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - 387432

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - 387433

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - 387434

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - 387435
    I dont know about some specefic mechanic of passo. I took the car to a mechanic in g7 near firebrigade to change oil, air filter. Plugs are iridium which have life of 1 lakh km. Other things i inquired about like Transmission fluid and throttle body cleaning etc was also not required as it already done. You should take the car to toyota and ask them to check the car inside out and replace all the parts/oils which are required, Better is to ask the pakwheelers if there is any specefic mechanic in islamabad of passo or vitz which is economical and good in his work. And take the car to him.

Quote Originally Posted by shariqak1 View Post
    No doubt Passo is a good car and it is selling like hot cake these days due to being 1000cc, better passenger space and most important the price difference is huge as compared to Vitz. But recently I ve noticed car dearlers have started to increase its price too insanely and now sadly the unregistered one hasn't got so much difference in price as compared to vitz. I inquired about the car to dealer at khalid bin Walid, karachi and he was asking 850000 and when I checked him on last monday he was asking 950,000. I told him you quote me the same car a bit cheaper but he refused to agree and said that it was some other car. hahahaha! What a s*** these guys have become, looting innocent people.
    yes they have increased the prices insanely i went to a few dealers with a friend who was interested in buying mira, they are quoting 9 lakh for a 2007 model man wtf. There was a daihatsu boon 2008 which was for 10 lakh. Pata nahi is mulk ka kia hoga.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankx for your reply Farukhz7 .. one more thing plz .. is there any way i can have Toyota Passo User Manual ? I am looking for it and still no luck .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thankx for your reply Farukhz7 .. one more thing plz .. is there any way i can have Toyota Passo User Manual ? I am looking for it and still no luck .
    i also searched the internet upside down using all keywords like sirion/boon/passo/myvi etc but no luck there. I guess it wasnt made. But i have a user manual for vitz new shape. 1kr-fe 3 cyl engine is the only thing i think that is same in both

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

okay so updated fuel economy after driving alot in city and highways.
    With real light foot 13.6 km in city keeping in mind i have replaced all the fluids and filters.
    On highways in speeds between 70-90. I got almost 15.5-16.
    I think it is pretty low when compared to claims of people getting 15-16 in city and 20 on highways.
    Factors i think maybe contributing to this are big boxy design which is not aerodynamic and my tire size too that is 195-65-14 whereas original specification for tires are 155-80-13 that were just too small like motorcycle tyres so had to change them obviously. Now better looks and traction on the expense of fuel economy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont know why you had such a low average on highways. I changed oil, oil filter, air filter last saturday and went to gujranwala by motorway and gt road. My car averaged 19Km/l.
    Before leaving for highways you should have reset the trip meter to calculate average. In city i get max 13.8 km/l.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Update on Fuel Consumption . After driving 100km's in Islamabad City my Car average is between 17.7 to 18 km/l with out changing any oil or any filter. I think it is awesome Shukar Allhamdulillah...

I am thinking of changing the engine oil . Could you please guide me in this regard.

Zic or Caltex formula

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How much fuel is in reserve when fuel gauge starts blinking in Toyota Passo?

Another question is there security system fitted in Toyota Passo?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Fuel in Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Farukhz7 View Post
    thanks for appreciation,
    waiting for more views from members
    Alot of information thanks.

I have two questions.

1. How much fuel is in reserve when fuel gauge starts blinking in Toyota Passo?

2. Is security system installed in Toyota Passo?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some info on what I have gathered on Toyota Passo so far:

- Car is known as Toyota Passo / Daihatsu Boon in Japanese market, and Daihatsu Sirion in UK / Australia / NZ market. In Malaysia, a variant known as Perodua Myvi exists based on same design.
    - Toyota holds most Daihatsu shares and also has a large stake in Perodua hence the similar design for these.
    - The 1.0 L model uses the 3 cyl 1KR-fe engine that was voted best-in-class for 2007,2008,2009,2010. This engine is known for its excellent performance and fuel economy.
    - The engine uses VVTi technology, which is why you hear a loud noise on low gear when you try to accelerate fast. This is because the valve timing switches to allow more air into the engine and to give a better performance for the rpm level.

I just purchased a silver Toyota Passo, 2008 model freshly imported (mashallah). Am very happy with its performance. I believe it is an excellent car for the 1.0 L range and gives excellent fuel economy which means you don't really have to get CNG installed. Its is much much better than cultus or alto, is very much comparable in interior space / fittings / performance to the Swift, and is very comparable to the new vitz. I believe Farrukhz7 did an excellent review and comparison between Passo / Vitz. This car is indeed catching the market's attention and will be hot commodity very soon.

If you are undecided between Toyota Passo / Daihatsu Boon name, go for Passo label since you may have better resale. However, really not much difference in these cars. Only minor differences exist with Sirion since it comes with manual trans also.

The bench seat option for the front seats is also available, but you should make a decision if you really need it or not. In my opinion, split front seats look more elegant, and give more spaciousness to the car.

Some of my questions:
    - Does anyone know how to find the original mileage? The dealers give something called a 'Tauhan' which is in effect a Japanese language auction certificate. It indicated the mileage of my car to be 25,000 km. But is there any way to confirm this?
    - How do you adjust the height of the front seats? I believe that is also an option...
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@swerveut
    excellent choice mate. congrats to u.
    By the grace of ALLAH , i also own Passo 2007
    this is one great car to own and drive. ALHAMDOLILLAH.

one cannot compare it to any 1.0L local cars
    even the options are almost as much as a rolla or civic
    tilt + power steering, auto dim cabin lights, keyless entry, fuel avg , abs, p/windows , power side mirrors, original dvd + nav , adjustable rear seats .
    very good fuel avg with ac is 13km/l which is impressive on auto trans.

cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 208 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

User Tag List