1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks a lot hassannabeel27.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    P.S: I just want to get the gas filled, service ki xarurat nahi system is perfectly clean I think since it's 2012 december import, so should I go to tariq road ya gas k liye kaheen se bhi fll kerwaloon? I mean to say that just filling the gas and checking for the leakages doesn't requires a expert a/c mechanic shop right since it's all about checking for any leakages and filling gas
    I always get my ac works done from azhar ac at shah rah e faisal, before blue ribbon bakery.

Sent from my HTC One S using PakWheels Forums mobile app
    Boy Badnam hua LIANA tery liya

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

us000
    Thanks for the info brother..
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@us000 today I took my car to the a/c shop, there was nothing wrong related to any electronic, the compressor started itself as soon as he started to fill the gas , and it's working perfectly fine Masha'Allah. He used Forane's gas as Sabir(a/c guy recommended by xulfiqar) suggested that forane or honeywell's gas is prefferable, but the gas jar/small a/c gas cylinder that he used didn't seem to be new at all :s it's outside carton's cover seemed to be old :s

Is it the case that when charging a/c gas, the a/c mechanics use completely new cylinder for every car's a/c gas filling?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    @us000 today I took my car to the a/c shop, there was nothing wrong related to any electronic, the compressor started itself as soon as he started to fill the gas , and it's working perfectly fine Masha'Allah. He used Forane's gas as Sabir(a/c guy recommended by xulfiqar) suggested that forane or honeywell's gas is prefferable, but the gas jar/small a/c gas cylinder that he used didn't seem to be new at all :s it's outside carton's cover seemed to be old :s

Is it the case that when charging a/c gas, the a/c mechanics use completely new cylinder for every car's a/c gas filling?

chalo thats good k aap ka A/C working me aa gya,
    but sorry brother, i dont have much experience of AC gases.
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    chalo thats good k aap ka A/C working me aa gya,
    but sorry brother, i dont have much experience of AC gases.
    yes , np brother, you've really helped me through out this whole electronic issue thanks a lot!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is it the case that when charging a/c gas, the a/c mechanics use completely new cylinder for every car's a/c gas filling? Anyone please share your info or experience about it if anyone has any!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does air-filter affects the mileage? And if it does, then how much is the difference i can expect?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just got my transmission oil changed in toyota passo 2009 they guy told me that he is putting toyota D II, after doing some googling i am not sure if i should have used toyota T IV or type D II, please guide me if i need to get it changed or can it crew my car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got my 2007 passo couple of weeks ago. Just changed engine oil after purchase and started driving .. it was giving me 12-13 avg in city .. hvnt tried at long .. then i started feeling it bit heavier in drive .. so thought k tuning karva lon .. went to shop .. got air filter changed .. plugs wagera saaf karwaye .. throttle service .. and gear oil changed .. and for a while meter is showing me 9km avg ... Would any of the member of the forum help me out .. what could be the reason for low avg after lil tuning .. btw .. pick has been better .. or drive main bhi farq hay but avg what to do abt it ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mehrhassan View Post
    I got my 2007 passo couple of weeks ago. Just changed engine oil after purchase and started driving .. it was giving me 12-13 avg in city .. hvnt tried at long .. then i started feeling it bit heavier in drive .. so thought k tuning karva lon .. went to shop .. got air filter changed .. plugs wagera saaf karwaye .. throttle service .. and gear oil changed .. and for a while meter is showing me 9km avg ... Would any of the member of the forum help me out .. what could be the reason for low avg after lil tuning .. btw .. pick has been better .. or drive main bhi farq hay but avg what to do abt it ?
    I experienced that once I tuk my car to local tuning wala which is well reputated in the area, but the car dropped its mileage after tuning... than I went to toyota 3s rawal motors for tuning and after thier tuning alhumdulillah my car is back on track in terms of mileage

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

which gear oil you have used.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jibranmalik View Post
    I experienced that once I tuk my car to local tuning wala which is well reputated in the area, but the car dropped its mileage after tuning... than I went to toyota 3s rawal motors for tuning and after thier tuning alhumdulillah my car is back on track in terms of mileage

bro what do you suggest then ? should i take my car to 3s dealer ? get it tuned again ? What would be the problem that i specifically ask 3s dealer to fix !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro what do you suggest then ? should i take my car to 3s dealer ? get it tuned again ? What would be the problem that i specifically ask 3s dealer to fix !!!
    Yes I'll suggest U that take it to 3s dealer and ask them to tune it for U and tell them that adjust it for fuel economy, btw i didn't told them to adjust for fuel economy, i just asked for tuning.... and get it done from a well reputated 3s dealer. I personally like Toyota Rawal Motors and never go to Toyota Islamabad Motors in abpara.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont do anything for now! Drive it for 300+ km with light foot. Then observe, if problem remains the same then go for further tuning.
    And haan! Dont forget to check tyre pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Reset your trip A, try driving it for 100 km and then see how much milage uou are getting.
    You see when i bought my car, it was giving me 15km on avg (but this is what i beleved was in general) which was not the case. The person before me whom i bought the car from was a hyper miler and would drive the car on very light foot so the car had been showing this avg milege on trip A because i had not reset the Trip A.
    And the day i reset my trip A, my milege was drastically decreased. So this is how i got to know that i am not a good driver when it comes to fuel saving :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've 2008 model which has genuine alloy rims, what is the standard air-pressure that should be used for all 4 tyres? Anyone? I'm currently driving on 28 ke pressure in all 4 tyres

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Recently managed to grab a 2004 Daihatsu Boon as a daily runner for home use (on recommendation by a pakwheels member chinyoti ). Have always kept a local manufactured vehicle but experience with JDM has made me change my views. Despite being 9 years old its much much better than locally manufactured 1000cc vehicles. After buying I have changed its engine oil and filter along with air filter. Need following info.

1. Where should I go for its tuning in Lahore? I have heard Toyota 3s dealers have full support for vitz but is it also true for Boon/Passo? If yes which Toyota 3s is the best. The closest Toyota 3s to me is Toyota Airport Motors.
    2. Which transmission oil is to be used for it and whats the capacity and will toyota 3s will have it or I'll have to buy it from the market?
    3. Where can I find its original or at least good quality brake shoes in Lahore? (I know most of the parts are available on MintGumri Road but plz specify shop's name if possible )
    4. As its 9 years old so its front lights are sort of faded with yellowish tinge. Asked the electrician to do something about it but he advised me to leave them as such as according to him buffing the light is not a good idea. Is it possible to clean them without buffing? If buffing is necessary what impact it may have on light intensity. Currently they are fine at night. (I also noticed water drops inside the front left light when I washed the car the other day).

Kindly guide me on these things. Thanx.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA guys

Can u please tell me whats the difference in
    1.0G
    1.0X
    1.0X Limited
    1.0XL Package
    1.0XV Package
    1.0RS

Which one is better economical wise 1.0 or 1.3L ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys,

I have passo 2008 model.. problem i m facing that while driving on AC the performance of car drastically goes down. i have to push half pedal to get the car movin.. anybody facing similar problem plz help.. without AC the performance is OK (as i have switched from 1.5 to 1.0 seems little under power some time).. also suggest some good mechanic in Islamabad..
    Boys of J-Town ..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List