1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red face Bought 2009 Passo, dont know the functions and stuff, pls do help!

Slaam everyone,

I am Dr Ali and I yesterday bought Passo 2009 model (47000 KM running) from a local dealer in G-8 Islamabad (Alhamdulillah) ...
    I got it in 10.7 lakh.

After making (first every deal) deal, I came to know --

1- I have only one key (I was expecting more)?
    Furthermore, at night I tried to start the car and could not able to start, it was simply looking locked (the key could not move in the ignition). After some help, it got started, but why this happens?

2- Does Passo has remote control engine start? how does it work?

3- What locks etc I need for security purposes (is central locking is enough)?

4- The dvd player is not working and the agent told me that when someone unplug a wire from Battery the software and the player goes away. It is 200 PKR's work to reinstall the software from any local shop?

5- Where can I buy good comprehensive insurance in Islamabad/Rawalpindi and how much it cost?

At end, do the guys think the deal is good. Must say, the car is really in good condition (looks new) and my mechanic told me its engine is good.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

Dr Ali
    Attached Images Attached Images     

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by awan72 View Post
    toyota passo 2007 for sale in RWP/ISB
    fresh import july, 2012
    4 grade car with original auction sheet which can be verified online
    no meter tempering or touching which is done on max damaged cars imported from japan
    Add can be seen on below link
    Pls do tell me how to verify --"which can be verified online" ---any online link for that?

Thanks
    Dr Ali

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Slaam Raza,

Pls send me the English manual on ranamustansar@gmail.com
    I yesterday bought Passo 2009 model (detail on another post), but I know nothing about it ..lol

Thanks a lot,
    Dr Ali

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadsoulsnatcher911 View Post
    Are you an aggressive driver ? Try driving with a light foot because 10.5 is not good
    how much is your car driven ? which version 1.0 or 1.3 ? and is it 2wd or 4wd ?
    there's a 4wd in Passo? I have the 1.0 version, and in the city I try to drive as lightly as possible in an attempt to get mileage. 10.5 is the average I get. At night time when the roads are empty and I drive fast, i can get up to 12. Max 13 on the motorway. The car's driven around 70000 km, the meter was reversed to 16k when I got it but the japanese language certificate said 55k.

It's quite frustrating because my 1.3 GLi seems to give a better average. Also I get a lot of sound from the wheels when driving, it feels like I might have a bearings problem, not sure. Thought it was the old japanese tyres, but I got new Michelin tires and the sound still persists.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CD player

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Raza,

Can you please send me the manual as well? My email address is xirall@yahoo.com.

I will be grateful.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizla View Post
    I've posted in here before, now posting again, hopefully someone has a fix to my problem. Reading this thread it feels like I'm getting the lowest mileage in my Passo. In city driving with AC on I get 10.5 km/l at best. This goes up to 13 km/l on the motorway. I get around 370 kms on a full tank before the reserve light turns on. I've come to accept this as the normal mileage as nothing I've tried seems to improve it. The air/oil filters have been changed 3 or 4 times since I got it last year. Been serviced at Toyota twice, spark plugs cleaned, throttle body serviced, the whole works. This is simply the actual average of this car, I don't think it can be improved.
    which engine oil grading and company U r using ???
    Secondly whats ur driving style ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jibranmalik View Post
    which engine oil grading and company U r using ???
    Secondly whats ur driving style ???
    Shell Helix HX7. Have used the Toyota oil before too. I'm always light on the accelerator, I don't think I can go any easier on it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahadsoulsnatcher911 View Post
    1.3 Vitz also gives the same
    Im thinking of getting a 1.3 Passo and convert it to CNG
    btw thanks for your input
    Vitz1.3 and Passo 1.3 shares the same Engine as well as Transmission I own a Toyota IST 1.3 having same Engine but a Conventional Auto Trany and i am Getting 12.5KM/l to 13KM/L Full AC in City i am yet to Test it on Longer Routs . I belive you need to change the Petrol Pumps or check for Tuning !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrAli007 View Post
    Slaam everyone,

I am Dr Ali and I yesterday bought Passo 2009 model (47000 KM running) from a local dealer in G-8 Islamabad (Alhamdulillah) ...
    I got it in 10.7 lakh.

After making (first every deal) deal, I came to know --

1- I have only one key (I was expecting more)?
    Furthermore, at night I tried to start the car and could not able to start, it was simply looking locked (the key could not move in the ignition). After some help, it got started, but why this happens?

2- Does Passo has remote control engine start? how does it work?

3- What locks etc I need for security purposes (is central locking is enough)?

4- The dvd player is not working and the agent told me that when someone unplug a wire from Battery the software and the player goes away. It is 200 PKR's work to reinstall the software from any local shop?

5- Where can I buy good comprehensive insurance in Islamabad/Rawalpindi and how much it cost?

At end, do the guys think the deal is good. Must say, the car is really in good condition (looks new) and my mechanic told me its engine is good.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day!

Dr Ali
    First of all congratulations on Your New Purchase MashAllah.
    Now coming to your querries one thing you must know that these JDMs have different Options Its Not something Standard since these are all USED vehicles Previous owners may have Installed different Options according to their Needs.
    Now Looking at the Pictures of Your Passo you claim Its 2009 , are you sure about it ? Cause Mostly 2009 Models have Side Mirrors with Indicators.You can confirm it By looking at the white round Sticker on the Back Screen.Or check the seat Belts.
    Secondly about the Keys, while searching for myself i only came across with 3 types of Keys One which is called Smart Key Option and the Other which has Remote Buttons on it and one is with Wireless remote control Push Button Start Smart Key and Push Start button normally comes with 2 Sets while the one with Remote Control ON the Key some dealer give Just one and Some Provide 2 Sets with one Normal Key,In My case i received a Smart remote Control and a Normal Key that too verified by an Official Paper received from Japan at the time of Loading.
    A remote control Engine Start is again an Option Must be installed separately If its there you Must be provided with a Remote we have many after Market Security Remotes which have this function.
    Types Of Locks Depends upon your own needs In my case i have Installed a Steelmate Security system which allows me to lock or unlock the car as soon as i am near or away from the car no need to press any buttons I keep it with myself just in case if some one Snatch my car it will be Locked itself within 1 KM Radius .There are many other models which allows more Options like Engine start.
    DVD Player has software CD you need to run Once to make it work and yes it will be formatted once the battery has been removed.
    About Price again JDM cars have different Prices Irrespective of the models.
    Just Take Good Care of it and Treat it like a Family Member and you will never regret it !!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizla View Post
    Shell Helix HX7. Have used the Toyota oil before too. I'm always light on the accelerator, I don't think I can go any easier on it.
    get ur car tuned.....
    If U r in rwp/isb I'll recommend U toyota rawal motors....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, does it has any damaging effect on engine or any other component to accelerate car like more than half acceleration after starting the car and putting it in D? Like those people who don't put light foot on acceleration after starting the car and putting it in D?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    - when OD button is pressed, there is no OD light in the meter(it is off) , means the car is in OverDrive mode, so it can utilize all 4 gears.

- and when you unpress the OD button, the light in the meter glows permanently (no blinking), in this mode, car only uses first 3 gears.

- to my knowledge, OD light will never blink under normal conditions, so get your car checked with any scanner.
    had similar problem , car was like always in 3rd or 4th gear and that O/D button was not working O/D was blinking in speedometer so my elder bro took car to mechanic and when scanned on computer it was in 4th gear well now car is fine , gear changing O/D is working fine ON/OFF and he said mechanic charged for 10k what could have fixed there to charge that much amount ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, does it has any damaging effect on engine or any other component to accelerate car like more than half acceleration after starting the car and putting it in D? Like those people who don't put light foot on acceleration after starting the car and putting it in D? like sort of that rough driving. @us000 @Raza1 and @vickybhai your replies will be appreciated

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    Guys, does it has any damaging effect on engine or any other component to accelerate car like more than half acceleration after starting the car and putting it in D? Like those people who don't put light foot on acceleration after starting the car and putting it in D? like sort of that rough driving. @us000 @Raza1 and @vickybhai your replies will be appreciated
    rough driving always ruin you engine/transmission, whether it is a auto tx or manual car.
    why would you want to press the pedal more if the car can start moving with light foot, you should change your driving habits.

nothing will happen in short, but if you keep doing this again n again, you will run your car.
    jiyo aur jeenay do

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    rough driving always ruin you engine/transmission, whether it is a auto tx or manual car.
    why would you want to press the pedal more if the car can start moving with light foot, you should change your driving habits.

nothing will happen in short, but if you keep doing this again n again, you will run your car.
    Im actually not a rough driver, not at all, i really take care of my car but yesterday a friend of mine drove my car to test drive my passo so he's actually a bit rough driver, he accelerated the car more than normal like all this while of 3 to 5 min's drive and a bit of sharp turns. So I was actually thinking if that could harm my car in any way i know it sounds stupid though but yes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrAli007 View Post
    Slaam Raza,

Pls send me the English manual on ranamustansar@gmail.com
    I yesterday bought Passo 2009 model (detail on another post), but I know nothing about it ..lol

Thanks a lot,
    Dr Ali
    Congrats dr sb on getting the beauty in ur posession. I am sure u will gonna love its drive. It gives pleasure like some big car.

Actually the manual was in my email whose pw has been lost. But its download link is given on few pages back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post
    All the cars are tested for such behaviour. In auto, u have advantage that gears get shifted automatically, so no harm on engine, however in manual one, if u keep pulling a car in one gear for long, engine will make noise and may get heat up. Sharp turnings etc, doesnt harm the car, unless the road is uneven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aoa, raza i would be eternally gratefull to thee if thou would send me manual of passo at ashi6622@hotmail.com or yaqzan12@yahoo.com thnx in advance ;-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After burst of one tyre while travelling on GT road (thanks god it was not the front one) my ride got the news shoes. Nitto 185/70 R13 with date of manufacture 4912 (december 2012) from RWP SADDAR. Tyres improved driving comfort and added almost a inch to the height. Intially was thinking of 175/70 R13 but due to issue of touching some speed breaker (away from isb) i decided to get a bit height for the ride. A wider from 155 to 185 has added a better view to the car. fuel consumption will be checked by end of tank but on meter it is showing not much differnce yet for the trip.
    One friend was looking for back bumper of MIRA when visited chah sultan got the price of 17000 and finally got it in 15k, when inquired about the back bumper of passo for knowledge, ears got red with voice of Rs. 27000. So bhaioooo apni gariyun ky bumpers ko bacha ky rakhna as instructed to me by friend.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List