1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbee View Post
    MIN 16 MAX 19 (in city)
    Highway (21+)
    Which engine oil are u using in it ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atifhotline View Post
    Can you plz email me manual too at: atifhotline@hotmail.com
    I dont have that on email anymore. Please search previous pages, there is link of hotfile.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey guys - so I'm about to get a Passo and just thought I'd ask for opinions before I pull the trigger!

Getting a Passo from a dealer in Islamabad, for 11,50,000, 2010 model, 1.0. Now I'm a first time buyer, and I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to both cars and even more so, buying cars.

I've been told that I should look at the option sheet and check what the grading is (higher grade = better car at the time of auction). Is there anything else I should check? I'm also going to get the car checked by a denter, painter and a mechanic. The dealer said it was a full option Passo, but when I was checking it out he said it was two airbags up front. How many airbags in total does a "full-option" Passo have?

I've also been told to avoid the Hana models. Anyone know why I should avoid them, and more importantly, how do I tell if the model I'm looking at is the Hana model?

Honestly, anything else I should be looking at doing? I think more or less I'm sold on the Passo, so just want to make sure I get the right one!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can anyone send me passo manual. my email : atifhotline@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by refnulf View Post
    Hey guys - so I'm about to get a Passo and just thought I'd ask for opinions before I pull the trigger!

Getting a Passo from a dealer in Islamabad, for 11,50,000, 2010 model, 1.0. Now I'm a first time buyer, and I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to both cars and even more so, buying cars.

I've been told that I should look at the option sheet and check what the grading is (higher grade = better car at the time of auction). Is there anything else I should check? I'm also going to get the car checked by a denter, painter and a mechanic. The dealer said it was a full option Passo, but when I was checking it out he said it was two airbags up front. How many airbags in total does a "full-option" Passo have?

I've also been told to avoid the Hana models. Anyone know why I should avoid them, and more importantly, how do I tell if the model I'm looking at is the Hana model?

Honestly, anything else I should be looking at doing? I think more or less I'm sold on the Passo, so just want to make sure I get the right one!
    A Passo 2010 fresh import unregistered 1000 cc new shape should cost around 11 lac, plus 20k for registration in Islamabad. Please negotiate with the dealer a bit more. Of course it all depends on condition of the car. Auction sheet is fine, but fully check the car inside out before buying. a good mechanic can guide you well during inspection. Passo+Hanna has Hanna written at the back, it has fog lights, indicators in side mirrors, projection lights, navigation system, full front seat with arm rest, chocolate colour seats etc. Passo+Hanna is the same as Passo mechanically, it just has more options. These days all dealers will say their JDM cars are full option. What they mean is that JDM cars have many more options than Pak assembled cars. If you buy a Passo in good condition, you will not regret the decision. Just make sure you are fully satisfied with the condition before buying, look at sign of wear and tear in interior and exterior. don't worry too much about options. They may have some cosmetic value but no mechanical value. Get oils, filters, plugs, tyres etc. changed soon after purchase. Use only Caltex F-6 or F-10 pump for refill..... note: Passo Is also available in 1300 cc and 4WD versions. They are costlier and give less mileage (which is not a surprise).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by refnulf View Post

Are U getting the 2010 old shape or new shape ? coz I think the new shape model is called Hana.....
    A Fair Auction sheet does tell everything about the car but the dealers are mostly not honest in giving the fair auction sheet they provide fake auction sheets so its better to take a mechanic/denter along with u coz u r about to spend a huge amount of ur hard earnings....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Passo Manual

Hi Please send me this manual in english for Passo 2011 @ raheel.mr@gmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi,

Im facing a bit of problem with my transmission. Any of you know a good mechanic that can look into it and advise?

Im based in Karachi and drive a 1.3G, 2008 Passo. Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Which things to check in my Passo 2009 PLS!!

Hi guys,

I got 4start Passo 4 months back, 2009 model @10.7 lakh from Islamabad. It is really a good ride.
    I only changed Engine oil and Air filter. The average is pretty good (10-12km in city with AC, 15-22 on Highway).

Should I change power oil, brake oil, and plugs? Pls let me know which things I should change now?
    Any suggestion in Islamabad?

Really appreciate the replies.

Dr Musi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@surfing4fun
    No, 2010 model was expensive 4 months back. I checked and it was around 11.50 to 12 lakh in Islamabad.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by surfing4fun View Post
    Two weeks back i bought a toyota passo 2010 fresh import unregistered from islamabad for 11 lac rs. Only 13000 driven in excellent condition. I have found it to be a very smooth car and will recommend it to others. Registration in islamabad costs around 20000 through agent. I only changed engin oil to zic A+. This oil costs 2600 rs for 4 litres. Passo needs 3 litres. Zic oil needs changing after 5 months. My local desi style mechanic can easily do the basic maintainance. I filled tank with high octance from F-6 caltex pump. Mileage showing is around 15 km/l. I will update fuel average after i have driven it for atleast a month. Passo has annoyed me a little bcoz it came with only one key+remote. Its dash board does not close and is open. So if you have kids on front seat you will have problems either with kids or with car.
    MashALLAH it is quite cheap, Congrats bruv. What was the start rating and where did you buy (name of dealer and location) pls?
    Btw, should we trust on meter (i.e. 13000)?

Dr Musi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsadGhumman View Post
    Hi everyone,

Kindly tell me the fuel consumption of passo on both city & long drive. It is requested not to exagarate as i have to decide among several options.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using PW Forums mobile app
    I have 2009 model (1000cc). I used to drive 70-80 km daily (50 highway, 10 rough road, and 15 in city). In highways, the average shld be more than 20. Overall my trip goes to 18-22 with light foot (without AC)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by us000 View Post
    yes, changing tyres is a feasible option, although it reduces fuel mileage to some extent, but provides more clearance, and grip to your car.
    - wnd option is to install spaces, which is in no way recommended, it ruins the driving pleasure, and suspension too.
    Thanks for the info. What is space btw?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrAli007 View Post
    I have 2009 model (1000cc). I used to drive 70-80 km daily (50 highway, 10 rough road, and 15 in city). In highways, the average shld be more than 20. Overall my trip goes to 18-22 with light foot (without AC)
    That is a very good mileage indeed. All I dislike about this car is its bench like rear seat.
    ~~~ "Some complain that roses have thorns, others rejoice that thorns have roses" ~~~ "Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise on time....Theodore Roosevelt" ~~~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i bought my Passo 2010 1000cc (basic options, includes power windows, power side mirrors, keyless entry, back wiper, simple CD/radio player, 2 airbags, ABS, CVT transmission) from G-8 markaz. Initial demand was 11.5. the car is in excellent condition. I would not trust the ODO meter reading nor should you but when you get a good car, you know you have got a good car. Suspension, handling, gear ratios, breaking, condition of interior - all these give tell-tale signs of the REAL mileage reading of the car. I thoroughly checked and spend a good one hour test driving it before paying. A mechanic was also called for his expert opinion. These car dealers are there to earn profits, so let them earn their little profits, its their right, but don't let them skin you. 11 lac is a good price although I have seen some better prices on pakwheels and OLX. But bcoz I was convinced that THIS car was in better condition, i bought it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is a very good mileage indeed. All I dislike about this car is its bench like rear seat.
    I thought Passo 2010 has a very comfortable back seat. May be I am wrong.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not really, Sofa version of seats are excellent ... go for sofa seats as they are expandable and decent looking.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrAli007 View Post
    which engine oil are you using in it ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jibranmalik View Post
    which engine oil are you using in it ?
    I think it was Zic, will recheck

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default help keyless

I just buy toyota passo 1.3 with keyless entry..unfortunately the keyless remote didnt ce along..can i buy another used passo remote n program to my car?tq

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List