1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Guys Hope you all are doing well I am kinda confused as I want to buy a new car and have got 3 options Honda city , Daihatsu Mira and a Toyota passo 2010-2011 Model .
    Can any one please advise what would be the best option to go for , My heart is for Toyota passo new shape I have got rates from dealers btw 1100K-1150K for Passo and 1200K-1250 K for hanna
    I have done some research and found out that a model comes in passo with the name or Yururi its got sofa seats rest its the same shape as Toyota passo not hanna .
    What would be the best option as I don't want to make any mistake and regret as my family and friends saying don't go for passo it does not have market value etc
    im from Lahore

Would really appreciate your help if you can either email me at jawwadrashid@gmail.com

Stay blessed guys

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can someone tell me where to find keyless entry remote for Passo 2009 in karachi as mine not working even after replacement of battery.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capichino View Post
    Hi Guys Hope you all are doing well I am kinda confused as I want to buy a new car and have got 3 options Honda city , Daihatsu Mira and a Toyota passo 2010-2011 Model .
    Can any one please advise what would be the best option to go for , My heart is for Toyota passo new shape I have got rates from dealers btw 1100K-1150K for Passo and 1200K-1250 K for hanna
    I have done some research and found out that a model comes in passo with the name or Yururi its got sofa seats rest its the same shape as Toyota passo not hanna .
    What would be the best option as I don't want to make any mistake and regret as my family and friends saying don't go for passo it does not have market value etc
    im from Lahore

Would really appreciate your help if you can either email me at jawwadrashid@gmail.com

Stay blessed guys
    your 3 options are very diverse. City is 1300cc, Passo 1000cc, Mira 660cc. IF you want more power, acceleration, cheaper (relatively) spare parts, better resale, go for city. If you want a small car for city driving at a lower budget that has many options, go for Mira. If you want something in between Passo is perfect. Its CONFIRMED mileage is between 16-17 km/l in city with AC. Passo is becoming popular, there was a time when vitz had no market value. Things change and if you have a good driving experience, nothing else matters. I believe Passo has a lot of potential subject to availability and price of spare parts. Passo is a good solid car which has an excellent drive, you will not regret the decision IF you get one in good condition. So make sure you take a good detailed look before buying. Hanna is ofcourse better if you have the budget otherwise Passo would be enough.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by surfing4fun View Post
    your 3 options are very diverse. City is 1300cc, Passo 1000cc, Mira 660cc. IF you want more power, acceleration, cheaper (relatively) spare parts, better resale, go for city. If you want a small car for city driving at a lower budget that has many options, go for Mira. If you want something in between Passo is perfect. Its CONFIRMED mileage is between 16-17 km/l in city with AC. Passo is becoming popular, there was a time when vitz had no market value. Things change and if you have a good driving experience, nothing else matters. I believe Passo has a lot of potential subject to availability and price of spare parts. Passo is a good solid car which has an excellent drive, you will not regret the decision IF you get one in good condition. So make sure you take a good detailed look before buying. Hanna is ofcourse better if you have the budget otherwise Passo would be enough.
    First of all thank you for your feedback ..... That is the reason I am confused I have been going through the forum and a lot of people talking about the benefits of passo I have driven both passo and hanna no difference in drive ofcourse .
    Regarding the spare parts and mileage is the passo 2010 -2011 model as good as the previous once ?
    is the maintenance expensive?
    Regarding resale Im not planning to sell it before an year as I always keep a car for atleast 2-3 years .
    Vitz I don't like the drive to be honest and shape but 2011 model is awesome but way to expensive donno abt the drive .
    Mira really don't like the shape as been thinking it kinda small and maybe not that safe .
    City will be the limit for me as with registration the simple one will cost upto 16 including registration so is it worth it ?

If you can help me on the above questions will make it a bit easier to come to a conclusion
    Thanks once again

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please send me the manual on masiflatif@hotmail.co.uk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - tugu7ega

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk now Free

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My old keyless remote just lost...now im buying another passo keyless remote..how to reprogram the remote? Tq

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is the remoteToyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - jymy8uha

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just buy this passo remote coz mine broken..how to programm to my passo? Tq

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capichino View Post
    First of all thank you for your feedback ..... That is the reason I am confused I have been going through the forum and a lot of people talking about the benefits of passo I have driven both passo and hanna no difference in drive ofcourse .
    Regarding the spare parts and mileage is the passo 2010 -2011 model as good as the previous once ?
    is the maintenance expensive?
    Regarding resale Im not planning to sell it before an year as I always keep a car for atleast 2-3 years .
    Vitz I don't like the drive to be honest and shape but 2011 model is awesome but way to expensive donno abt the drive .
    Mira really don't like the shape as been thinking it kinda small and maybe not that safe .
    City will be the limit for me as with registration the simple one will cost upto 16 including registration so is it worth it ?

If you can help me on the above questions will make it a bit easier to come to a conclusion
    Thanks once again
    Passo 2010 1000cc (3 cylinder, 4 fwd) gives slightly better mileage over Passo 2009. 16km/l vs 15km/l with AC in city
    Spare parts for Passo are available, both for 2009 and 2010. Body parts for Passo 2010 (import started from current year) are expensive (esp. front lights) because its new shape but will improve with time. Complete Engine for Passo is much cheaper.
    The normal maintenance like changing oils. filters etc is as easy as any car.

Yes. vitz 2011 model is a great shape and great drive but expensive. So your choice!

Mira is smaller and hence only good for local drives and great as second car.
    City 2009 onwards is also a great option, no doubt. If you have that kind of budget, seriously consider city.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by denyhazrin View Post
    I just buy this passo remote coz mine broken..how to programm to my passo? Tq

from where did u buy the remote and for how much ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1282696Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1282697Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1282698

My Passo Racy TRD 1.3 on Left along with Altamash's TRD on Right Side..
    Toyota MarkX Vertiga 300g Premium || Honda Integra RSX DC5 || Toyota Hilux Surf 1998 2.7ltr || Rotary Power | TypeE || GTTi 4efte | Mini Monster..!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's been nearly one month since i bought my Passo 2010 - 1000cc, 3 cylinder engine, CVT transmission. As promised, I am updating all on the mileage of the car.

Within Islamabad city: 16-17 km/l with A/C on

On Motorway: 19+ km/l with A/C on 70% of the time.

* A/C at half throw becomes too chilly after 20 minutes. So have to turn it off.

I think it will give around 20km/l on motorway if driven without A/C (in winters).

With these averages, there is very little point of keeping a CNG fitted Pak assembled car, except availability of cheaper spare parts.

NOTE: I have noticed that these averages will ONLY be achieved if you fill petrol from good pertrol stations, like Caltax F-6, F-10, Shell F-7. Filling from other stations esp. in Lahore will give you lesser mileage.

Engine oil used is Zic A+ Fully synthetic 5W-20 API SN/ILAC GF-5

No hi-octane mixture used in these reading although hi-octance should be mixed with normal petrol sometimes.

My observation is that there are more Passos on roads in Islamabad than there were in Lahore.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please email me this @ raheel.mr@gmail.com will appreciate however after trans u wil know what was it

16. 16-10-2013, 05:22 PM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jibranmalik View Post
    from where did u buy the remote and for how much ?
    Buy it for RM50..can i program it? Cant find any fcc id number on that remote

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, I bought my Passo'08 back in february 2013 and the car was driven 82000 on ODO (original) so just now in end of september 2013 I changed my Air filter + Oil filter + Engine Oil. Here are the pictures. (sorry about the poor image quality).Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1285388 This was the old oil the car was being driven on since it has been brought. I had thrown away the old oil filter as it was too black as it was filled with the old oil so couldn't take the picture.

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1285389 And now I've put this SHELL HELIX HX5.

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1285394
    Now the problem after changing the Engine oil + Oil filter + air filter is that, when the car is off and i put the key and give a single switch the car's steering gets unlocked (all normal), then in the second switch the car shows meter lights as shown in the picture (which is all normal) but it shows the yellow sign (which is i think engine oil sign) and the red sign (which is i think engine oil leakage sign). these two signs along with all other signs goes away when the car's engine starts in the third switch, I actually don't remember if this was the behavior of the meter lights even before changing the engine oil+oil filter+air filter so please anybody tell me if this is normal or the car is actually showing these 2 signs because somethings wrong after changing the engine oil+oil filter+air filter. @Raza1 and @us000 your help will be appreciated along with all other expert brothers. P.S: this picture of meter was taken when the key was given Second switch, so this meter lights are representing Second switch behaviour.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - 180px Motorkontrollleuchtesvg
    This is Check Engine light sign.A malfunction indicator lamp (MIL), also known as a check engine light, is to indicate malfunction of a computerized engine management system. It is found on the instrument panel of most automobiles.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - oil trouble indicator
    Engine Oil Level or Oil Pressure Warning Light Symbol,
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - 180px Motorkontrollleuchtesvg
    This is Check Engine light sign.A malfunction indicator lamp (MIL), also known as a check engine light, is to indicate malfunction of a computerized engine management system. It is found on the instrument panel of most automobiles.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - oil trouble indicator
    Engine Oil Level or Oil Pressure Warning Light Symbol,
    these two lights disappears right after I start the car/engine. is it normal or do i really need to get my car checked?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its normal

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by husnainkhan View Post

Toyota PassoDaihatsu Boon OwnersFan Club -1285394
    Now the problem after changing the Engine oil + Oil filter + air filter is that, when the car is off and i put the key and give a single switch the car's steering gets unlocked (all normal), then in the second switch the car shows meter lights as shown in the picture (which is all normal) but it shows the yellow sign (which is i think engine oil sign) and the red sign (which is i think engine oil leakage sign). these two signs along with all other signs goes away when the car's engine starts in the third switch, I actually don't remember if this was the behavior of the meter lights even before changing the engine oil+oil filter+air filter so please anybody tell me if this is normal or the car is actually showing these 2 signs because somethings wrong after changing the engine oil+oil filter+air filter. @Raza1 and @us000 your help will be appreciated along with all other expert brothers. P.S: this picture of meter was taken when the key was given Second switch, so this meter lights are representing Second switch behaviour.
    Lol.... nice assumptions

BTW, this behaviour is normal. These lights should not come up when the engine is running. If they do, something is wrong. Else explained by the above poster.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List