1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this thread is to discuss and share views regarding Daihatsu boon/Toyota passo and to provide a common platform for the owners and potential buyers to discuss the car.
    Passo/Boon has become quite popular in the last 2 or 3 months. People are getting curious to know about this car which offers better features than the overpriced 1000cc vitz in a better price tag. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. Realistic advices on prices regarding the condition and model of car will be provided.

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - trdmyvi1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.shahid View Post
    hello raza kindly send me passo manual on this id huzaifa.shahid@hotmail.com
    Hope following link would work to get the PDF copy of Passo manual in English.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6NH...S3M/edit?pli=1
    ``Two things a man should never be angry at: what he can help, and what he cannot help``.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can we install immobilizer in Toyota Passo 2007 when the car doesn't have it installed from the factory ?
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so finally went to toyota eastern motors to fix my car... they serviced the car albeit highly expensive... but after they took a test drive, it was diagnosed that the car is accidental and its front suspension on the right hand side needs overhauling probably the whole steering system and there is slight white smoke coming out of the exhaust. the charges for the fixing the suspension and diagnosing the heating problem due to which white smoke is coming out has been quoted as follows:

for suspension, shock and steering system = 75 to 80 k
    for heating problem approx = 100 k

any body who can advice a good mechanic locally in karachi who can put a soft hand on my passo...

i took it to a local mechanic who first cursed the engines of vitz and passo, and then quoted a price of appox 18 to 20 k for diagnosing the white smoke coming out of the exhaust i.e. first they need to open the engine see if there is a gasket problem or tappet etc etc...

I sincerely await any local good mechanic for passo i am in love with this car just dont want to sell it...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wakas19 View Post
    so finally went to toyota eastern motors to fix my car... they serviced the car albeit highly expensive... but after they took a test drive, it was diagnosed that the car is accidental and its front suspension on the right hand side needs overhauling probably the whole steering system and there is slight white smoke coming out of the exhaust. the charges for the fixing the suspension and diagnosing the heating problem due to which white smoke is coming out has been quoted as follows:

for suspension, shock and steering system = 75 to 80 k
    for heating problem approx = 100 k

any body who can advice a good mechanic locally in karachi who can put a soft hand on my passo...

i took it to a local mechanic who first cursed the engines of vitz and passo, and then quoted a price of appox 18 to 20 k for diagnosing the white smoke coming out of the exhaust i.e. first they need to open the engine see if there is a gasket problem or tappet etc etc...

I sincerely await any local good mechanic for passo i am in love with this car just dont want to sell it...
    Brother , the fact is Jdm's are imported accidental (not all though) but now u are aware of it .
    Get the suspension imported from Japan it wont cost too much , dont have any idea about the smoke though....
    Next time be careful while buying a JDM car specially they are fu**ed up when imported, I saw couple of Passo's in Islamabad without airbags and transmissions were sitting on the floors ...
    Best thing is sell this car and find a less accidental car or keep on like this and dont care about smoke

Sent from my A900 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa any 1 help me
    Pleaze suggest me tyre size and alloy rim 4 passo 2010

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FARHAN564 View Post
    Aoa any 1 help me
    Pleaze suggest me tyre size and alloy rim 4 passo 2010
    @FreeAdvisor has replied the question in his thread - Every thing about tyres - as following:
    Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - quote icon Originally Posted by jibranmalik Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - viewpost right
    Which Tyre Size will U suggest for toyota Passo... Secondly I have heard that adding up big size tyres ruins the suspension of the car... what are your opinions on this...
    thanks

As per my information the OE size of Toyota passo is 155/70R13. If it is true then you can go for 165/65R13 along with the OE.

Besides this my Passo (directly imported) has tyres with following specifications:
    155/80/R13
    This size is perfectly fine as far as drive pleasure, fuel efficiency is concerned but the car hits on abnormal speed breakers when there are 5 passengers on board.
    @us000 has replied this kind of query on previous page (No.98) of this thread as following:

Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - quote icon Originally Posted by usaidahmed86 Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon Owners/Fan Club - viewpost right

What is the solution for raising the body of Passo so that it doesn't hit speed breakers when carrying 3 or 4 passengers

- installing spacers on all four wheels
    - changing wheel size
    - changing rim and wheel size

Currently tyres installed on my car are 155/80R13 79S

Regards

I have changed tyres to 185/70/13, now it is perfectly fine even on huge bumps.

Hope this detail will help you to make your mind dear @FARHAN564 . And when you finally got the tyres changed, please share your decision and experience. Good LUCK!
    ``Two things a man should never be angry at: what he can help, and what he cannot help``.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what tyre pressure do you guys keep... i do 28 in front and 30 in rear.....tyre is 175/70R/13 Bridgestone B250
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jiggerzzzz View Post
    what tyre pressure do you guys keep... i do 28 in front and 30 in rear.....tyre is 175/70R/13 Bridgestone B250
    After doing some experiences I am now stick to 28 (in all tyres). Drive is not comfortable on 30 in my case. The tyre size is 155/80/R13.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HussainKaisrani View Post
    After doing some experiences I am now stick to 28 (in all tyres). Drive is not comfortable on 30 in my case. The tyre size is 155/80/R13.
    hmmmm i think ill get 28 in all and try for a few days....so far im satisfied with the current pressure 28 & 30.... but lets see if it does any further good with my tyre suze
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anybody help me open the dashboard of passo???
    I need to take out the sound system

Sent from my EK-GC100 using PW Forums mobile app
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys,

I bought my very first car last week. It is Passo 2006 model. The fuel average which I am getting on this car is 8 Km/L which is too low.

What things which I have to check/change to do it better?

I didn't change any oil (engine oil, transmission oil, ..... ) and filters. Kindly suggest which oil and air filter would be best for this car. Also mention the price of these.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahimsahib View Post
    Hi guys,

I bought my very first car last week. It is Passo 2006 model. The fuel average which I am getting on this car is 8 Km/L which is too low.

I didn't change any oil (engine oil, transmission oil, ..... ) and filters. Kindly suggest which oil and air filter would be best for this car. Also mention the price of these.
    Get cng Installed

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqarhassanpk View Post
    Get cng Installed

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    I don't want to install cng and wait in long queues to get it refilled on the weekends. Other suggestions and answers of previous questions awaited.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys,

8km/l :O is too low indeed.....my suggestion get all those oils changed...get it tuned by toyota... use toyota oils.....get spark plugs changed or cleaned... and then see if it's any better.. if not then there is something seriously wrong....installing CNG on a JDM not advisable the whole point atleast for me of buying a Passo 2010 was to get rid of CNG khuwarai while maintaining atleast a hint of fuel cost saving...

mine gives me 15.5 to 17.5 in city depending on AC/Heater and driving style...and on motorway 19-21 easy
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jiggerzzzz View Post
    8km/l :O is too low indeed.....my suggestion get all those oils changed...get it tuned by toyota... use toyota oils.....get spark plugs changed or cleaned... and then see if it's any better.. if not then there is something seriously wrong....installing CNG on a JDM not advisable the whole point atleast for me of buying a Passo 2010 was to get rid of CNG khuwarai while maintaining atleast a hint of fuel cost saving...

mine gives me 15.5 to 17.5 in city depending on AC/Heater and driving style...and on motorway 19-21 easy
    Can u please name all the oils which are needed to be change and price of those oils. I lives in Lahore so kindly suggest the best toyota workshop in lahore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can u please name all the oils which are needed to be change and price of those oils. I lives in Lahore so kindly suggest the best toyota workshop in lahore.

Well since i donot know much about lahore dealerships so a lahori member would have a better insight.....however when i got my car i didnt know what to change and what not to...but i just took an appointment from a toyota authorized dealer and just had the 20,000 kms service done.....they changed the engine oil + oil filter + air filter and only cleaned the spark plugs......transmission oil was ok so they let it be..... but with you the story could be different....

Just simply go to a toyota showroom and tell them that you have purchased a new vehicle and need to get it inspected for any possible service....the service adviser will let you know exactly what the car needs
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys,

Dear @fahimsahib,
    Congratulations on buying Passo 2006.
    I would suggest you to visit Mr Usman (a sensible mechanic who understands how to deal with the cars as well as the owner) at FAST LUBE. He has good experience of JDMs including PASSO. Let him check the car thoroughly after informing him about your problem and requirement. He would only charge less than Rs.1,000/= for going through the all necessary check up and services.
    He would suggest you if any oil change is required. If you want to make sure (and want to pay the price) for genuine Japani Passo parts including air and oil filters then you need to go on IA Trading on Walton Road, just opposite to Toyota Motors. Ask them to provide you motorbike if you are comfortable with it. Also do get checked break pads as well and wheel balance and alignments etc.
    They have almost all kinds of oils and all brands. Liqui Moli or Mobil 1 in 5W30 would remain fine for engine oil. Oil, replacements and service in FAST LUBE are fine but for spare parts and filters I would suggest you to get from IA Trading. You may even buy from Toyota motors but their rates are significantly high for the same product.
    I understand that your problem would be resolved by Mr Usman of FAST LUBE otherwise Toyota Motors (dealerships are always there). Please share your experience here wherever from you get the problem resolved.

Contact details of FAST LUBE are:

Mr Adnan - Main Defence Road (just before Aadil Hospital), Lahore. Phone number 03214523190. (If needed, you may give them my reference; Hussain Kaisrani - Passo - Bahria Town Lahore.

Contact details of IA Traders:
    IA Trading, Walton Arcade, Bank Stop, (Opposite to Toyota Motors), Walton Road, Lahore. Phone: 36684930

The following link may also be helpful to go through:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/oil...a-passo-2010-a

Good Luck!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabz90 View Post
    Thanks @HussainKaisrani i'll try it and will get back to u on tuesday... just tell me one more thing what is the memory card size of your honda aspire? is it 8 GB or 2 GB?
    @HussainKaisrani buddy these maps didnt work

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can someone plz help me ???
    1)Suzuki Mehran has changed its shape 2)Fake parts drive me nuts
    3)https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleEM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys last saturday some one stole my passo 2010's both side mirrors
    please suggest me from where i can buy the original mirrors and what will be the cost? im in karachi
    also tell me how to safe guard these precious beautiful side mirrors from these God Damned Thieves

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List