Just as a quick background, I have a Daihatsu Boon/Toyota Passo 2006 - 1KR-FE + Automatic transmission model.
It was a sturdy car earlier, but since the last 10-15K KMs it's been giving me some serious pain.
- The car has done 65,000km now
- The car has started to shake viciously when in R or in D. I've even had the engine mounts changed. It gave me some relief for 2-3 months and then the shaking started again.
- When going uphill I can tell the car is struggling quite a lot (the engine also sounds under a lot of load - making more noise, and not producing much acceleration - I now have to switch to the slow lane when going on the high road so I don't embarrass myself )
- I've had the spark plugs, car battery, engine oil, oil & air filter replaced among the routine servicing - still the same results. Have also had transmission oil changed but no effect on the issues faced
- Switching the car AC causes the car to feel a lot of extra burden, the car also vibrates a lot more in idle. Switching to N or P immediately reduces the vibration
- Car fuel efficiency is now giving me less < 8km/L
Some questions with regards to the pain described ( I apologize if these are redundant questions):
1. Who would be the best mechanic and/or service center in Karachi to have a look at Boons/Passos and take it through a full and professional service and inspection? (ideally someone that wouldn't send me on another wild goose chase or if there's a reliable service center that you could recommend)
2. Has anyone experienced the same kinds of problems and how were you able to address?
3. Is it possible that a fault in the AC can cause the sort of performance issues I'm seeing?
4. Can the throttle body or sensor cause this kind of problem? What's the safest way to clean it?
5. Which is the best place to get Passo/Boon parts in Karachi?
6. Can the catalytic converter be responsible for the issues witnessed?
Any advice would be really appreciated.
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad