0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Toyota passo 1.3 16valve EFI fuel consumption

I'm having problem with my passo,its 1.3 and in early days it used to give 16-17 kilometers per litre on petrol but now it it gives only 12.3 kilometers per litre,is this because of petrol because i usually use PSO petrol and i've heard that they do mixing in petrol and also one thing i wantred to ask that if i use super unleaded or high octane will it give me a good average or my car's petrol setting is faulty.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when the average was 16-17 km/litre which fuel you'd been using. super unleaded is common liquid fuel used.

what is maintenance update of your vehicle. Fuel filter, Transmission oil & filter engine lube oil, oil filter & air filter. any recollection of an event after which economy drop is noticed.

HEARD <--- is the most dubious word about any situation unless it was an public announcement over media or from masjid ka speaker. Its true that some fuel stations do the practice but after fill in less then a kilo meter run seasoned drivers can make out the boot-legged fuel been cheated upon.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you are using your car on petrol , here are some amazing tips which are applicable in Pakistan only (I guess):-

1- Generally Caltax and Shell fuel is good, but not in every case. Try to fill almost half tank from different station and check the consumption. It will differ for all pumps, so note down the pump which gives you best, 2nd best and 3rd best mileage and only fill from them.
    2- Fill your tank till 'dhakkan' and top up frequently (500 , 1000 ka fuel khatam ho jayee to dobara top kerwaoo). This will make sure that fuel pump is not making any 'dandi', because you can see the fuel.

Also here are some other tips:-
    1- Always fill your fuel in nights and not in hot sunny days.

All above tips are apart from the fact that you have done proper tuning, all the filters and all the fluids of your car.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List