Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Toyota passo 2007 Keyless Entry/ Ignition Bizarre Issue. Help Requested.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota passo 2007 Keyless Entry/ Ignition Bizarre Issue. Help Requested.

AOA!

I recently purchased a second hand Toyota Passo 2007. It is equipped with a Keyless entry and Keyless Ignition System. The only key that i got is the Fob which has a slit where the small mechanical key goes inside a sleeve.
    The problem is this that I can open the Driver Side Door when every the Smart Key is in my pocket by pressing on the small button on the Driver Side Handle but once I get inside the Vehicle i cannot start the Car as the ignition would not turnl
    My solution is to remove the mechanical key from the Smart Transponder Sleeve, insert it in the ignition, touch the base of the Transponder close to the ignition area and then turn the ignition at which point the car would start.
    Now this process is a total painful and long one. I have tried replacing the batteris of the Smart Key but to no avail.
    I am confused that if the Car is recognizing the transponder to unlock the doors, why is it not recognizing it when inside to let the vehicle start without the small mechanical key.
    Please help and advise. Also if you think that my Key is to blame then let me know where i can have a duplicate one made and what cost? Or do you think that the ECU RFID antenna inside the car is to blame as it doesnt detect the Transponder inside the Car.

many thanks for your help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After changing the battery, it didnt work but one fine day it started working all of a sudden. Have no clue how it happened. In the meanhwhile i have ordered a seperate new remote from Japan from toyota dealership there, through Mr. Imran of pindi by providing him with the VIN number as a backup. He assures that it will be factory programmed to work out of the box with my car. Will receive the remote from him next week and will update. Also I have been told that a shop on Tariq Road, karachi makes spare keyless entry remotes for Passo and other Toyota vehicles for 10k to 11k.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gmasood View Post
    After changing the battery, it didnt work but one fine day it started working all of a sudden. Have no clue how it happened. In the meanhwhile i have ordered a seperate new remote from Japan from toyota dealership there, through Mr. Imran of pindi by providing him with the VIN number as a backup. He assures that it will be factory programmed to work out of the box with my car. Will receive the remote from him next week and will update. Also I have been told that a shop on Tariq Road, karachi makes spare keyless entry remotes for Passo and other Toyota vehicles for 10k to 11k.
    Thanx for the info...

4. 30-12-2013, 09:21 AM

PakWheeler

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We've had our Toyota passo for 4 years and have changed the remote cell countless times but the problem still happens every now and again. We've seen the mechanic and he doesn't know what to do. I have found that resetting the remote by holding down both buttons on the remote at the same time, works. Hold the buttons down for about 5 secs, release and you should hear the ignition click. This Seems to unlock the ignition and you should be able to drive.
    Reading all these posts, it sounds like I might need to see an auto-electrician because our normal electrician doesn't have clue.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i just happen to have the same problem today....my car wouldnt start rite when i was about to bring my mother from the hospital after doctors appointment...

I asked around for a watch wala close by...ran to him asked him to open the remote with care...and so he did.....went straight to the battery section and got it changed....1632...3v......now the remote works like a full shashka....

battery change worked for me....
    Da LiViN dEaD!!!
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List